Pages:
Author

Topic: The biggest problem of altcoins - page 21. (Read 4878 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
July 25, 2018, 11:48:28 PM
I think the biggest problem right now is the increasing number of fake coins and ICO's and if that can't be controlled we would be seeing a dying economy of altcoins. We need more security tokens right now or platforms that can secure us from these fraud ICO, something like menlo.one a platform that will serve as a filter to fake and good ICOs
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
July 25, 2018, 11:45:02 PM
....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

Many altcoins have the best technology at the moment, but their prices depend on bitcoin charts. Probably, the dominance of bitcoin is not as it used to be, but dependence on bitcoin still exists and is very strong, because btc is the first and most popular coin.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
July 25, 2018, 11:08:19 PM
It is indeed difficult to understand. However, it is actually is reasonable because many of the altcoins adopted it from the bitcoin. so is natural when the occasional nice altcoin Ascension will no nothing when bitcoin just stagnant. but it certainly will not be entirely like this and not all altcoin is also the same case like this. There will be a time and a different altcoin with the other and could certainly affect other altcoins.
Activity: 665
Merit: 107
July 25, 2018, 10:56:22 PM
....is their complete dependancy of Bitcoin. It really takes all the fun out of crypto trading.

No matter what kind of awesome progress some altcoins make....it doesn't change the trend upwards if Bitcoin doesn't allow it.

Pump and dump groups I also blame. Because of them I'm very positive that Bitcoin won't make it past 30 000 this year. 50 000 to 80 000 would be realistic without pump and dump groups dominating and controlling the prices.

Anyways, these things have to change somehow. The first altcoin developers who claim their absolute freedom from Bitcoin will be the real winners of this crypto game.

This is true, everything is paired to bitcoin at the moment. We need to de-couple from bitcoin.
If exchanges will allow direct pairing to USD or other fiat, and alts paired directly to fiat and other coins, we won't be so dependent on bitcoin.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
July 25, 2018, 10:37:00 PM
I admit it is a bitcoin problem that is currently experiencing a drastic decline for 2 months to come back, it also depends on market prices again lethargic impact to all alcoin, we hope the future can solve the solution and overcome it.
Activity: 44
July 25, 2018, 09:45:59 PM
Good observations, alts are way too tied down to Bitcoin. The only coin that I really see that is somewhat independent from Bitcoin is Ethereum. Since you don't have to buy Bitcoin to purchase it. And most exchanges have Eth pairs. But we really need more.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1656
July 25, 2018, 09:45:28 PM
The biggest problem right now is the extraordinary amount of scams and unprofessionalism going on, or more philosophically, Moral Hazard

Most ICO's fail, even the ones that eventually succeed constantly renegotiate terms and screw bounty hunters and investors, practices that would lend them in huge legal trouble

if this was a regulated industry. I'm all for decentralization, but Moral Hazard needs to be taken care of, to increase the dignity and reputation of Altcoins.
Activity: 154
July 25, 2018, 09:39:36 PM
Yes, the situation is exactly the same as you described. when prices are rising as late as 2017, many people are storming cryptocurrency. but for now when prices are falling people are starting to scatter leaving crypto.
Activity: 238
July 25, 2018, 09:32:59 PM
If the altcoins are not given any recognition in currency rate conversion then that would be a problem
Activity: 140
July 25, 2018, 09:31:20 PM
Bitcoin is called the father of Crypto. Most exchanges has it as trading par. With this, it gives btc  a stand up to dominate. Most people who a developing.
brand new
Activity: 0
July 25, 2018, 04:34:00 PM
The biggest problem of ALT coins is that they can easiy hacked.  AML Bitcoin (ABTC) are in compliant with worldwide regulations that is a great benefit for ABTC holders. These regulations inlcudes: U.S Patriot Act, Bank Secrecy Act,Anti-Money Laundering, U.S Office of Foreign Assets, Control Compliant, Know Your Customer, Anti-hack and Anti-Theft and more. Click on this link for more information: https://amlbitcoin.com
Activity: 2002
July 25, 2018, 09:03:27 PM

I think you are 100% right, this permanent state of submission of every altcoin to Bitcoin is surreal and it's the symptom of something really wrong in this whole game. Pump and dump groups exist also in stock markets, but in crypto they are more powerful and thus visible.
of course the scenario will always be that way, because the main coin is bitcoin,
so bitcoin will always play an important role in the altcoin price movement
Activity: 37
July 25, 2018, 08:49:14 PM
Each and everything occurring with the virtual monetary standards were totally eccentric. It is our own decency to be secure conquering the issues that exist around. Altcoins were profoundly fluctuating and like bitcoin the value moves substantially higher sooner or later and one who miss it out won't get a shot by and by to benefit offering at the ath.
Activity: 490
Merit: 13
July 25, 2018, 08:41:54 PM
I think not so. If only the altcoins can bring a new way of future transaction, a new era of digital money and also have a great project and development.
I'm sure it can stand even Bitcoin price is dump. And one of the successful altcoins right now is ETH.
Activity: 266
Merit: 4
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
July 25, 2018, 08:40:45 PM
The biggest problem with most alt coins is their inability to be paired directly to the USD on the market. These coins are normally paired with BTC, hence a fall in BTC price affects the price or value of those coins. Also, most alt coins follow the pump and dump trend leaving late investors with losses.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
July 25, 2018, 07:40:37 PM
Altcoins have a major problem is a large dependence on Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the leader in capitalization in the cryptocurrency market and therefore nothing will change, altcoins will be strongly influenced by the growth or fall of Bitcoin.
Activity: 140
July 25, 2018, 05:46:09 PM
The price of a bitcoin can unpredictably increase or decrease over a short period of time due to its young economy, novel nature, and sometimes illiquid markets. There’s also the problem an apparent vulnerability to theft when Bitcoins are stored in digital wallets.
Activity: 490
July 25, 2018, 05:13:01 PM
Each coin depends on the bitcoin exchange rate! First of all, coins grow or fall in relation to the bitcoin exchange rate. In the second place is already on the demand in the market of this coin!
Activity: 518
July 25, 2018, 05:05:37 PM
The biggest problem with altcoins is their instability and non-security. I'm sure that half of the existing coins can not withstand a strong dump.
Activity: 722
Merit: 501
July 25, 2018, 04:37:21 PM
What we’ve seen happen over the past year is that crypto-tokens have in some ways replaced Venture Capital for funding the very early stages of a startup enterprise. So they are democratizing access to early stage investment that usually is only open to rich people.

A lot of those projects are going to fail. They might have a good idea, but not great coders; they might have great programmers but not a good business or marketing sense. Some of them are just out-and-out scams or copycats trying to prey off the naive.

Pages:
Jump to: