Pages:
Author

Topic: The Bitcoin Armageddon - page 2. (Read 4439 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
December 13, 2013, 11:03:03 PM

You are implying this with continued price increase despite the system being unsustainable.

no, I never implied this.  You made the assumption yourself.  The timeline is not black and white.  It is a long, gradual process in which our resources are used up at an exponentially rapid rate.  No big concepts to grab, pretty simple..

YES YOU DID.

people won't stop mining though if the bitcoin price keeps going up.

if we see a $100,000 bitcoin, we're in big trouble with everybody raping energy resources to mine

Why would the price keep going up, if the system is unstainable.

You are implying that market participants BUY DESPITE THE SYTEM BEING UNSUSTAINABLE.

Thus they must be STUPID.

You are implying that market participants ARE MORONS.

I would never imply that the market participants are morons.  Not at all.  We all want a piece of this wonderful boom.  
The system does not "appear completely sustainable" one day, and not the next
it is rather a long and drawn out process.  You just need to think outside the box a little.  Smiley

Now you saying that a unsustainable system BOOMS is absurd.

Me no understand ur english.  Come again?
This is not absurd, it is just simple acknowledgement that difficulty is going up faster than our resources can handle it. Smiley  

The bolded part is you stating that Bitcoin is not SCALABLE.

You STATING THAT A SYSTEM THAT IS NOT SCALABLE WILL CONTINUE TO SCALE IS ABSURD.

MARKET PARTICIPANTS WOULD FIGURE OUT THAT THEY ARE RUNNING TOWARDS THE EDGE OF A CLIFF.

END OF DISCUSSION.

I've warned you to stop trying to convince him of actual facts.
This is what you get for feeding a troll.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 13, 2013, 10:58:29 PM

You are implying this with continued price increase despite the system being unsustainable.

no, I never implied this.  You made the assumption yourself.  The timeline is not black and white.  It is a long, gradual process in which our resources are used up at an exponentially rapid rate.  No big concepts to grab, pretty simple..

YES YOU DID.

if we see a $100,000 bitcoin, we're in big trouble with everybody raping energy resources to mine

You are implying that market participants BUY DESPITE THE SYTEM BEING UNSUSTAINABLE.

I would never imply that the market participants are morons.  Not at all.  We all want a piece of this wonderful boom.  
it is rather a long and drawn out process.  You just need to think outside the box a little.  Smiley

This is not absurd, it is just simple acknowledgement that difficulty is going up faster than our resources can handle it. Smiley  

The bolded part is you stating that Bitcoin is not SCALABLE.

You STATING THAT A SYSTEM THAT IS NOT SCALABLE WILL CONTINUE TO SCALE IS ABSURD.

MARKET PARTICIPANTS WOULD FIGURE OUT THAT THEY ARE RUNNING TOWARDS THE EDGE OF A CLIFF.

END OF DISCUSSION.

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
December 13, 2013, 10:54:24 PM

no, I never implied this.  You made the assumption yourself.  The timeline is not black and white.  It is a long, gradual process in which our resources are used up at an exponentially rapid rate.  No big concepts to grab, pretty simple..

YES YOU DID.

This is not absurd, it is just simple acknowledgement that difficulty is going up faster than our resources can handle it.  Smiley  

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
December 13, 2013, 10:53:49 PM
 Popcorn time
December 13, 2013, 10:52:24 PM

no, I never implied this.  You made the assumption yourself.  The timeline is not black and white.  It is a long, gradual process in which our resources are used up at an exponentially rapid rate.  No big concepts to grab, pretty simple..

YES YOU DID.

Either it is sustainable or it is not.

If you are correct, and it is not sustainable, the price must collapse.

December 13, 2013, 10:47:15 PM

YES YOU DID.

December 13, 2013, 10:45:37 PM
when's the last coin being mined? Think of all the energy surplus then ....  Smiley

The all the plants will close down , lots of jobs lost , factories producing equipment closed down , BTC collapses , and we end up wondering , why the hell did we spend 100 years doing puzzles ? =))))))))))))

But by that time there will around 5 million altcoins that need feeding ..... now even I'm getting scared. I'd rather have power to my computer and TV than have it all sent to mining farms.
December 13, 2013, 10:44:05 PM

YES YOU DID.

legendary
Blackjack.fun
December 13, 2013, 10:42:45 PM
when's the last coin being mined? Think of all the energy surplus then ....  Smiley

The all the plants will close down , lots of jobs lost , factories producing equipment closed down , BTC collapses , and we end up wondering , why the hell did we spend 100 years doing puzzles ? =))))))))))))
legendary
Blackjack.fun
December 13, 2013, 10:40:33 PM
this assumption: "So market participants dont understand exponential energy cost explosions??? Like sheep they would continue to bid the price up and run over the edge of a cliff. So you are saying you would be the only one wise enough to see, that the system is not sustainable."

it's just wrong because I never said that

You are implying this with continued price increase despite the system being unsustainable:

At least , he still has some energy left to troll around.
I wouldn't bother with him anymore.
December 13, 2013, 10:39:35 PM
December 13, 2013, 10:38:35 PM

December 13, 2013, 10:32:42 PM
this assumption: "So market participants dont understand exponential energy cost explosions??? Like sheep they would continue to bid the price up and run over the edge of a cliff. So you are saying you would be the only one wise enough to see, that the system is not sustainable."

You are implying this with continued price increase despite the system being unsustainable:

December 13, 2013, 10:30:46 PM

December 13, 2013, 10:29:10 PM
what do you call a collapse though?  from $100,000 down to $10,000?   Cheesy

If you are correct, and Bitcoin is not scale-able due to exploding energy costs, cryptocurrency fans will move to a new coin. Bitcoin would collapse to 0, if you are correct.

You do not know how supply and demand works.

Huh

Your assumption: 1) Bitcoin is not scale-able, due to energy costs exploding. 2) Nobody will notice and price will continue going up 3) Armageddon

Assumption 2) is off base. Market participants would notice, and price would collapse. Cryptofans would move to a sustainable coin.

nope.  it's not just a matter of "noticing and then getting out".  That's not how long-term system failure works.  

So market participants dont understand exponential energy cost explosions??? Like sheep they would continue to bid the price up and run over the edge of a cliff. So you are saying you would be the only one wise enough to see, that the system is not sustainable.

Lol. Pure arrogance.

You made another false assumption.. i never said that

What exactly are you saying?

Your title: Bitcoin Armageddon.

How?

Read the first post.  Smiley

LOL. You are filibustering.

1)

yes obviously it's not possible to double forever.. eventually we will either run out of energy or material.  Either way it's not good..

2) + 3)

Your assumptions: 1) Energy consumption is unsustainable 2) Despite this being the case, people will continue to bid the price up. 3) Armageddon.

What assumption am I misrepresenting?
December 13, 2013, 10:24:06 PM

If you are correct, and Bitcoin is not scale-able due to exploding energy costs, cryptocurrency fans will move to a new coin. Bitcoin would collapse to 0, if you are correct.

Huh

Your assumption: 1) Bitcoin is not scale-able, due to energy costs exploding. 2) Nobody will notice and price will continue going up 3) Armageddon

Assumption 2) is off base. Market participants would notice, and price would collapse. Cryptofans would move to a sustainable coin.

nope.  it's not just a matter of "noticing and then getting out".  That's not how long-term system failure works. 

So market participants dont understand exponential energy cost explosions??? Like sheep they would continue to bid the price up and run over the edge of a cliff. So you are saying you would be the only one wise enough to see, that the system is not sustainable.

Lol. Pure arrogance.

How?

Read the first post.  Smiley
December 13, 2013, 10:23:02 PM

Huh

nope.  it's not just a matter of "noticing and then getting out".  That's not how long-term system failure works. 

Lol. Pure arrogance.

How?
December 13, 2013, 10:22:25 PM
If difficulty keeps doubling for the next 14 months i think the price will be through the roof. So we are not exactly fucked  Tongue

it will be very nice for people who own bitcoin, yes
but there is a whole world outside of bitcoin
December 13, 2013, 10:21:39 PM

Huh

Lol. Pure arrogance.

Activity: 476
December 13, 2013, 10:21:27 PM
If difficulty keeps doubling for the next 14 months i think the price will be through the roof. So we are not exactly fucked  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: