Pages:
Author

Topic: The Bitcoin Community Is Now Dominated by Speculators Not Criminals!! - page 4. (Read 1210 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0
It should be speculators that dominate the community not the criminals, some criminals are doing other crime when they have known that Bitcoin is down for how many months, make a report also about a suspicious individual with unnatural behaviour making a fishy transaction with you.
Activity: 490
Merit: 280
It can be really alarming because criminal activities can be stopped using law enforcements or other techniques but you cannot really do anything about speculators who are here for their own profit by making others face a loss. I hope a new trend will help this number of speculators to minimize as soon as possible.

Minimize speculators and your taking out a large, if not the largest, part of the demand that props up the price of BTC. Not to mention proving the volume and liquidity that's needed for a healthy market.
Activity: 154
the idea that bitcoin is a tool employed by criminals, terrorist, drug lords is a tool by media to discredit  the use of bitcoins, society is getting to know better
Activity: 131
Price manipulation, wash trading, and so on are crimes.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is not really anonymous at this point you can clearly track all those transactions as its blockchain is transparent that everyone can see it they would probably using some anonymous coins like monero and other altcoins that can cover their tracks to hide their deals well some of them still using this coin to receive payments but their number decreased due to some alternatives.
Activity: 44
Yes this is absolutely true as per the recent condition of the bitcoin. Bitcoin community has different types of expert members as well as expert and experienced investors. In future the community will be more disciplined.
Activity: 196
Bitcoin is fluctuated and it’s market recently down. And many analyst draw many separate reason for this current market situation. But there are many anonymous technical team used to dominating this community.
Activity: 504
Merit: 105
Bitcoin have already reached popularity that's why the ratio of good and bad utilization of Bitcoin has switched to the good latter. In the past Bitcoin is swarmed with illegal activities thus giving the bad view for those who aren't into crypto yet. The criminal activities is fueled by decentralization which is the main feature of Bitcoin. Now that the Government is having an eye and is making their move to regulate Bitcoin, that must be the reason why criminal minds have turned their back.
Activity: 266
There are many technical team which maintain their anonymity and dominating BTC community. But it’s not easy to define who they are`
Activity: 308
I think we cannot surely say what controls bitcoin community. But as my assumption, most of the people in the BTC community is here for a good reason and good aims to gain from here legally with the legitimate work plan. Though, there are many who are using BTC's freedom in a bad way.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
It might give more favourable headlines, but is it really better?

I personally think so. I'm sure some speculators trade often too, and there's always a possibility of them seeing the merits of Bitcoin as a currency. It's anecdotal, but I know people who simply wanted to invest but was sucked in by the potential of the technology. It's not a bad idea to put crypto in the hands of people because you never know who might stick around.

I'd say not being associated with drugs is also a good thing, because it removes one potential reason for a government clamp down and it helps alleviate the stigma. Favorable headlines are inherently good for any subject too, especially for something that aims to be adopted by the general public.

Those are fair points.  My concern is that I'd rather not see a point in time where people generally view rampant, mindless and morally ambiguous speculation as the primary purpose of Bitcoin.  Enough people already view it that manner (which, incidentally, also generates negative headlines about "bubbles", "tulips" and such).  If we really want to see a positive economic change with this stuff, we can't just be recreating a world of investments and derivatives, like all the current fuss about ETFs and futures is leading towards.  I don't personally see that as a good direction.  Ideally, Bitcoin shouldn't solely be yet another financial instrument for asset managers and traders to gamble with.  That's just more of the same behaviour that led to the global financial crisis in the first place.

Obviously we shouldn't try to curtail that behaviour, because they're free to do that if they want.  But at the same time, we shouldn't lose sight of the goal of ordinary people having access to a secure, incorruptible and open alternative to fiat.  We should do as much as we can to encourage things that lead to people being able to buy and sell actual goods and services with their bitcoins.  That's what a proper economy should look like.  There should be some productivity involved somewhere.  Speculation alone doesn't meet that criteria.  Detractors like Warren Buffett argue that "Bitcoin doesn't produce anything" and we're sadly going to prove them correct if we don't find a way past this purely speculative mindset.

Hollow greed only gets us so far before it starts to become a problem.  People really need to stop treating Bitcoin like a get-rich-quick scheme.  It's ultimately harmful to public perception.  Do we want people to take an interest in genuine financial freedom because that would be of benefit to them in this precarious global economy?  Or do we want them to perceive this as some sort of plaything for the financial elites which won't resonate with them in the slightest because it's just more of the same?  
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
Currently, the ratio of legal to illegal activity on the bitcoin network has completely changed trend as the former surpasses the former. This was stated by DEA Agent Lilita Infante at the U.S Drug Enforcement Administration.

Is the number of criminals on the bitcoin network has significantly reduced compared to early days?

https://coinpedia.org/news/bitcoin-network-speculators-not-criminals/
The news is true. The dominance of BTC has completely changed from criminal activities to trading/speculating . Although the numbers might not be so accurate and might even be wrong but the change of dominance part is true. BTC was being used on the dark web to purchase guns and drugs and other illegal activities on the Silk Road but things have changed now. Also the number of investors in cryptocurrencies have increased a lot now. I can imagine how global crypto is gonna go in the next few years.

Most of you don`t remember bitmixer.io, and last words from them when they closed their service. You can check it https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20331854, blockchain is a great open book that says a lot about current situation and this topic. But where are those criminals who used bitcoin for illegal activities, now they probably use some other coin for their transactions. But ok, from criminals to speculators, I must wonder what is the next thing? Where we are heading? Is there anyone here with some good answer what is the next step for bitcoin?
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
Currently, the ratio of legal to illegal activity on the bitcoin network has completely changed trend as the former surpasses the former. This was stated by DEA Agent Lilita Infante at the U.S Drug Enforcement Administration.

Is the number of criminals on the bitcoin network has significantly reduced compared to early days?

The news is true. The dominance of BTC has completely changed from criminal activities to trading/speculating . Although the numbers might not be so accurate and might even be wrong but the change of dominance part is true. BTC was being used on the dark web to purchase guns and drugs and other illegal activities on the Silk Road but things have changed now. Also the number of investors in cryptocurrencies have increased a lot now. I can imagine how global crypto is gonna go in the next few years.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

With big profits opportunity we can earn on crypto market, most peoples want to speculate their crypto and make trade on market. Its new market and not many peoples understand about crypto market.
Criminal activity that always happen in crypto community right now is hacking on others peoples wallet and i think peoples wont use bitcoin for illegal activity, they use it for investment right now
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611

the  dates mentioned here are quite wrong.
the early days there were no criminal activity. then in a couple of years it increased with things such as SilkRoad and the dark market and the fact that people thought bitcoin is anonymous. but even then at the peak there wasn't more illegal activity than legal activity ever. then as SilkRoad was closed and as people found out bitcoin has never been anonymous the illegal activities dropped down significantly. this is years ago!
Activity: 180
Merit: 10
We probably would have been better off with the criminals.  The speculators are going to pick this thing to the bone and make a mockery of things.  Will be very interesting to be part of though. 
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
Not every body had a mobile phone or computer overnight and initially they were only really available to the rich or business men but
now pretty much everyone has one now.
Right. I remember how people around me didn't see any value in mobile phones, while currently mobile phones are pretty much dominating the world and most people can't live without them anymore.

The only problem with crypto is that every coin or token in this industry isn't capable of handling mass use. Being decentralized means that you have to sacrifice scalability and that will definitely break most of the projects.

We haven't yet seen the power of second layer technologies, but this is basically the only hope for crypto to really become a mainstream vehicle since on-chain scaling isn't long term viable.
Activity: 41
yes you are right. bitcoin now goes to another level. in recent years you might bitcoin will dominate the whole world currency. and this bitcoin are dominated by the speculators not by the criminals.
Activity: 210
The statistics is very true, bitcoin was not made to carry out criminal activities but the criminals took advantage of it but as the day goes by people are seeing the better side of bitcoin and they are joining with more awareness the community will be enlarged with people of integrity.
Activity: 249
bitcoin network are more secure and strong. it is made by advance blockchain technology thats why its reduce a lot of criminal. It will help us make more profit. in my opinion it is more reliable than before.
Pages:
Jump to: