Author

Topic: The Bullish Bitcoin Media Center (The ONLY Bullish Bitcoin News Thread) - page 121. (Read 259656 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Permabull Bitcoin Investor
legendary

There seems to be some intention in this article to neutralize some of the pumpy and hype of Ethereum, DAO and to kind of equate "Blockchains"...

In other words, it seems to fail to recognize a true superiority of bitcoin and the fact that a lot of alts and a lot of private "blockchains" are engaging in deceptive practices because they are trying to ride on the coattails of bitcoin while failing and refusing to either give bitcoin proper credit nor to couple their investments into the bitcoin ecosystem.

Bitcoin is very likely to win out in the end, even while some of these folks seem to engage in false equivalencies and distractions.... at the same time, on a positive note, likely various bitcoin developers can likely learn from some of the "innovations" to the extent that there are any that materially matter of various competing blockchains.

I'm not that kind of person who is happy at other's failures and disasters, but I'm happy for what we are in and believe at is making out (Bitcoin and devs I mean).

It made me sad, and I think you've witnessed this yesterday, when the wall observer thread turned into a battlefield like the one between r/bitcoin and r/btc on reddit.

The time have came again, to thank the devs for what they are making for us, most of us became and become millionaires or simply rich. because of them.

There are a lot of folks contributing to bitcoin space, and we all know that bitcoin is intended to be trustless.

Sure, there are likely a lot of core devs that stepped up to the plate to prevent various kinds of sabotoging of bitcoin, but in the end, it is not just a system of core devs.. at least, I don't think of it that way... even though sometimes I am also grateful when I see some of them standing up and pointing out some of the flawed proposals that were recently presented to the bitcoin community, including several of the flaws, incompleteness and destructiveness of the XT and Classic proposals.

I agree with you that the ecosystem is not only about the devs, we have the believers, avg. joe, startups, speculators, ... etc.

But what happened today, tells me that we really must thank the devs a lot.

Actually, yep... various folks also wear combination of hats, and may be acting in one capacity in time 1 and another capacity in time 2, and some of these folks may be benevolent and/or honest and other are tricky... but in the end, bitcoin is supposed to be relatively trustless system, though we cannot completely get away from trust - especially because there are also various centralized systems that are built on top of bitcoin that may require some trust, even though bitcoin itself does not require trust (at least that's the theory)..

I also think that sometimes, this mechanism to attempt to get protocol changes that makes it very difficult for devs to agree on the causes advantages bitcoin by not allowing changes unless is an overwhelming large number of folks in agreement... so we kind of get stuck with the original design of bitcoin and modest changes to bitcoin and truly vetted changes..    Which is all fine and dandy, so long as the original design is not broken.

Regarding what happened today?   Do you mean what happened to day in respect to the hacking of the DAO, or something else?

I agree with the second paragraph (along with what you said as well for sure), since consensus is a must, this makes me ultra comfortable that we will most of the time if not always have the right decision.

I meant with what happened in the Wall Observer thread, the fight between core and classic, as always :\

Love all the informative updates. Keep em coming and thanks!

I will if Allah (God) wanted my friend, you are most welcome and happy to see you passing by Smiley
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Love all the informative updates. Keep em coming and thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

There seems to be some intention in this article to neutralize some of the pumpy and hype of Ethereum, DAO and to kind of equate "Blockchains"...

In other words, it seems to fail to recognize a true superiority of bitcoin and the fact that a lot of alts and a lot of private "blockchains" are engaging in deceptive practices because they are trying to ride on the coattails of bitcoin while failing and refusing to either give bitcoin proper credit nor to couple their investments into the bitcoin ecosystem.

Bitcoin is very likely to win out in the end, even while some of these folks seem to engage in false equivalencies and distractions.... at the same time, on a positive note, likely various bitcoin developers can likely learn from some of the "innovations" to the extent that there are any that materially matter of various competing blockchains.

I'm not that kind of person who is happy at other's failures and disasters, but I'm happy for what we are in and believe at is making out (Bitcoin and devs I mean).

It made me sad, and I think you've witnessed this yesterday, when the wall observer thread turned into a battlefield like the one between r/bitcoin and r/btc on reddit.

The time have came again, to thank the devs for what they are making for us, most of us became and become millionaires or simply rich. because of them.

There are a lot of folks contributing to bitcoin space, and we all know that bitcoin is intended to be trustless.

Sure, there are likely a lot of core devs that stepped up to the plate to prevent various kinds of sabotoging of bitcoin, but in the end, it is not just a system of core devs.. at least, I don't think of it that way... even though sometimes I am also grateful when I see some of them standing up and pointing out some of the flawed proposals that were recently presented to the bitcoin community, including several of the flaws, incompleteness and destructiveness of the XT and Classic proposals.

I agree with you that the ecosystem is not only about the devs, we have the believers, avg. joe, startups, speculators, ... etc.

Actually, yep... various folks also wear combination of hats, and may be acting in one capacity in time 1 and another capacity in time 2, and some of these folks may be benevolent and/or honest and other are tricky... but in the end, bitcoin is supposed to be relatively trustless system, though we cannot completely get away from trust - especially because there are also various centralized systems that are built on top of bitcoin that may require some trust, even though bitcoin itself does not require trust (at least that's the theory)..

I also think that sometimes, this mechanism to attempt to get protocol changes that makes it very difficult for devs to agree on the causes advantages bitcoin by not allowing changes unless is an overwhelming large number of folks in agreement... so we kind of get stuck with the original design of bitcoin and modest changes to bitcoin and truly vetted changes..    Which is all fine and dandy, so long as the original design is not broken.

Regarding what happened today?   Do you mean what happened to day in respect to the hacking of the DAO, or something else?
legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary

legendary
legendary

legendary
legendary

legendary

legendary
World's First P2P Credit Card is Powered By Bitcoin

News URL : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-9IDHhsERE
legendary
Old video : Extremely relevant quote to what just happened and why Bitcoin will succeed

News URL : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhL1Y1lg35w&feature=youtu.be&t=28m29s
Jump to: