Pages:
Author

Topic: THE BYTECENT DISASTER - page 8. (Read 19870 times)

legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
November 12, 2014, 10:37:16 AM
so how much BTC has IE made from his latest scam?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
November 12, 2014, 10:28:56 AM
IPO / ICO / ITO pushed by gangs of corrupt scammers ?

and you expected what now ?

This does not even warrant digging into LOL

in some random poking around i ran into ByteCent coming up but i can't be bothered.. smarten up guys

up all made your bed now so be big boys and sleep in it !

you all collectively decided that it's ok to clone coins now with 100% premines on exchanges for MILLIONS of dollars
and when i started if even one guy tried to pull this IPO shenanigans he would have been laughed off the forum and black-listed in a heart beat !

you guys created this nasty putrid IPO monster now enjoy it.

i wouldn't spend my worst enemies money on those pump & dump IPO pyramid schemes.. then whine about it hahahha

ya.. it's IconExpert's fault LOL  Roll Eyes

You are assuming BYC is a scam scheme and -so far- that is quite far from proven truth. And no one is "whining" at all, only FACTS and EVENTS have been posted... along with SOLUTIONS. This could still easily be a viable and quite innovative project. I for one have great hopes it will. That's the whole purpose of the thread.

You are waging a different war and, quite frankly, right as you might be in some cases, your over proliferation and not very well expressed attacks of generalities, lack focus and, subsequently, effectiveness.

you missed the point entirely..

you all keep upping the ante on scam coin antics.

all coin'z that are ipo'd are fucking scams period.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
November 12, 2014, 09:47:05 AM
Also, have a look into the debug.log in %appdata%\bytecent
you will find that the wallet is actually querying primecoin's dns-seed.

And that means...?

That means that the wallet is actually a fork from primecoin's codebase, and the bytecent dev is either careless or incompetent to clean up the code properly.

Also, that might be the reason why the wallet is having difficulty finding nodes.

Incompetency would be my first guess... but I could be wrong. Thank you for clarifying.

Otherwise, 99.99% of all alts have identical origins,
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
November 12, 2014, 09:44:56 AM
It would appear that, even before the "mining" disaster, IE had done a bit of instamine  himself, just a few thousand coins, though: 1 BYC per block was being mined before the official release of the wallet, up to block 3,109, at which time the total BYC balance was... well, of course 3,109. In block 3,110, the ICO sale coins were injected -or what was left to be mined of the ICO sale, because all that was also arbitrarily modified but in an acceptable, relatively transparent manner: Instead of having mined the 3 million coins he had offered for sale and have Bittrex destroying the non-sold ones, IE decided it was better to just mine the coins sold only instead... which leaves about 2,840,000 BYC more to be mined than originally promised, but since mining was supposed to rate at no more than 1440 BYC per day, it did not look like something worth paying too much attention to.

I'm sure IE has a perfectly good explanation for this... I read he will be making an announcement within a few hours... currently, the "instamine disaster", post release of the wallet, is quickly approaching 20% with the difficulty seemingly stuck at 5.99 and approximately 20 coins being mined per minute.

IE has several options... at this point all of them not very good but all of them but one could, maybe, salvage BYC. The one is, obviously, continuing with this madness as he has since yesterday refusing to correct it. Options:

1.- refund investors.
2.- cancel this disaster and relaunch.
3.- fork and destroy all coins mined.

If none of these are adopted immediately, Bittrex should act forcing the refund option.

Edit to add:

At 5:00am Pacific, difficulty has reached 6 but still blocks being mined at approximately 20 per minute and already 26,200 BYC have been mined = 16.375% of the total.
Grin
Your post is funny at best and a bit pathetic.  Grin
Oh no, the scam I was participating in didn't work out the way I wanted  Grin
I was expecting to be able to dump on noobie buyers, but too many coin have been release before I had time to dump  Grin

and he knew it was an IE coin and was familiar with IE's history the whole time Cheesy

Ah the amount of stupidities and simple ignorance... oh well, to be expected. Old rehash of a distant past.
3~4 months: distant past  Grin
1 year: prehistory
2 year: the creation of the universe...
where did you go to school ?

Obviously at a place very distant from where you went. In crypto time lapses real fast nevertheless, regardless of the school one's attended.
I think wolong should come back and make a new coin, this was so long ago panda, everybody has forgotten...
You have the right to take people for moron, but you should expect that not all will act as morons...
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
November 12, 2014, 09:44:01 AM

And that means...?

That means that the wallet is actually a fork from primecoin's codebase, and the bytecent dev is either careless or incompetent to clean up the code properly.

Also, that might be the reason why the wallet is having difficulty finding nodes.
legendary
November 12, 2014, 09:42:12 AM
It would appear that, even before the "mining" disaster, IE had done a bit of instamine  himself, just a few thousand coins, though: 1 BYC per block was being mined before the official release of the wallet, up to block 3,109, at which time the total BYC balance was... well, of course 3,109. In block 3,110, the ICO sale coins were injected -or what was left to be mined of the ICO sale, because all that was also arbitrarily modified but in an acceptable, relatively transparent manner: Instead of having mined the 3 million coins he had offered for sale and have Bittrex destroying the non-sold ones, IE decided it was better to just mine the coins sold only instead... which leaves about 2,840,000 BYC more to be mined than originally promised, but since mining was supposed to rate at no more than 1440 BYC per day, it did not look like something worth paying too much attention to.

I'm sure IE has a perfectly good explanation for this... I read he will be making an announcement within a few hours... currently, the "instamine disaster", post release of the wallet, is quickly approaching 20% with the difficulty seemingly stuck at 5.99 and approximately 20 coins being mined per minute.

IE has several options... at this point all of them not very good but all of them but one could, maybe, salvage BYC. The one is, obviously, continuing with this madness as he has since yesterday refusing to correct it. Options:

1.- refund investors.

If none of these are adopted immediately, Bittrex should act forcing the refund option.

Edit to add:

At 5:00am Pacific, difficulty has reached 6 but still blocks being mined at approximately 20 per minute and already 26,200 BYC have been mined = 16.375% of the total.
Grin
I was expecting to be able to dump on noobie buyers, but too many coin have been release before I had time to dump  Grin

and he knew it was an IE coin and was familiar with IE's history the whole time Cheesy

Ah the amount of stupidities and simple ignorance... oh well, to be expected. Old rehash of a distant past.
where did you go to school ?

Obviously at a place very distant from where you went. In crypto time lapses real fast nevertheless, regardless of the school one's attended.
legendary
November 12, 2014, 09:38:33 AM

1.- refund investors.

Edit to add:

Grin

where did you go to school ? your timeline is even shorter than the one of "young earth" creationist  Grin
legendary
November 12, 2014, 09:38:00 AM

And that means...?
Activity: 387
Merit: 250
November 12, 2014, 09:35:03 AM
Anything associated with IE should have been enough to tell you to stay away from this.  He's a crook, and the disaster that is BYTECENT just shows his true colors.  Hopefully this is the final nail in his coffin.  

He's a scammy douche.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
November 12, 2014, 09:34:57 AM
legendary
November 12, 2014, 09:34:48 AM

1.- refund investors.

Edit to add:

Grin

The coin has not even traded yet. It can go higher or lower it's ICO price. ICO investors may or may not profit, just like at the beginning. This is just information and suggestion of how to re-direct a launch gone bad... and giving the developer the benefit of the doubt until that benefit is proven undeserved. Nothing else.

But those so inclined can keep on dumping their hatred and overall stupidity any time, twice on Sunday, ok?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
November 12, 2014, 09:27:37 AM

1.- refund investors.

Edit to add:

Grin

Activity: 324
November 12, 2014, 09:26:23 AM
lol barrabas. well played investing in your idol ico. well played indeed.

RIP
legendary
November 12, 2014, 09:24:27 AM

1.- refund investors.

Edit to add:

Grin
I was expecting to be able to dump on noobie buyers, but too many coin have been released before I had time to dump  Grin
poor you... I am sorry, but I don't feel sorry for you.
You support scam and shady practices, this is what happen in your idealistic "get rich quick" business model
You got what you deserved

legendary
November 12, 2014, 09:20:23 AM

in some random poking around i ran into ByteCent coming up but i can't be bothered.. smarten up guys

you all collectively decided that it's ok to clone coins now with 100% premines on exchanges for MILLIONS of dollars
and when i started if even one guy tried to pull this IPO shenanigans he would have been laughed off the forum and black-listed in a heart beat !

i wouldn't spend my worst enemies money on those pump & dump IPO pyramid schemes.. then whine about it hahahha

You are assuming BYC is a scam scheme and -so far- that is quite far from proven truth. And no one is "whining" at all, only FACTS and EVENTS have been posted... along with SOLUTIONS. This could still easily be a viable and quite innovative project. I for one have great hopes it will. That's the whole purpose of the thread.

You are waging a different war and, quite frankly, right as you might be in some cases, your over proliferation and not very well expressed attacks of generalities, lack focus and, subsequently, effectiveness.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
November 12, 2014, 09:12:56 AM

legendary
November 12, 2014, 08:38:00 AM

1.- refund investors.

Edit to add:

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
November 12, 2014, 08:24:44 AM
Loan amount required: 0.01 BTC
Collateral:http://www.thezodiac.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/fat-chick.jpg
Term length: 1 month
Interest, 200%

plz send here now.

1FLKGX1ZqFiMtnMkwyJZnJMJufS5S75APZ
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
November 12, 2014, 05:51:35 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OH MAN THIS IS PRICELESS!!!!!!! JUST PRICELESS!!!!!! LULZ SERIOUSLY BARABBAS I DONT THINK CRYTPO IS YOUR THING LOLOLOLOLOL OH MAN.....
Activity: 490
November 12, 2014, 05:40:43 AM
Barabbas aka IconicExpert

What a sly idea to FUD your own coin to prove a point that Barabbas isn't one of your shills?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Also:

I disagree, sorry. I don't believe he's a thief. He has an extreme egocentric personality that more often than not gets the better of him but I know he's not a thief. A liar, he obviously is, but not a thief in my opinion... and no, before you tell me that he stole from the BC people for the Wall Street event, I don't believe he did. He just refused to return the donations, which would have been an impossible task. And no, it is not the same thing. As far as I know -and it is becoming more and more difficult to believe him- he gave to charity not only all the donations but also some of his money too... which, as I have posted when I included him in my WALL OF SHAME, is not acceptable, but it isn't the same as stealing. Quite different in fact.

LoL thanks for the epic laugh. But Barabbas good to see you defending yourself..err, I mean,  IconicExpert.

You're not fooling anyone with half a brain buddy. Kiss
Pages:
Jump to: