Pages:
Author

Topic: The coming flash crash in AMC - page 2. (Read 29407 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 11
July 27, 2013, 01:10:35 AM
He's paying the NRE.  It's time to give it a rest.  If this were a con, that 1,000,000 would not be spent on chip NRE.

Awesome. I must have missed that one, is there any proof?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
July 27, 2013, 12:39:49 AM
For future archiving
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
July 26, 2013, 11:10:59 PM
He's paying the NRE.  It's time to give it a rest.  If this were a con, that 1,000,000 would not be spent on chip NRE.

This thread served a very important purpose and led to the restructuring of the company.  Investors now receive 40% of all profits instead of simply 8%.
Activity: 107
Merit: 11
July 26, 2013, 11:08:00 PM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
July 23, 2013, 09:27:06 PM
There was a sell off on Bitfunder during the BTC-TC trading freeze, by someone who was looking to cash in a decent amount of shares. Investors getting spooked is the most likely answer.

I was thinking, a stolen laptop with access to running passwords/sites and a knowledge of Bitcoin, or a jealous girlfriend trying to gain some attention, while he is in the shower!

I was looking for a time to use this one the cat knows all

legendary
Activity: 1554
July 23, 2013, 11:43:44 AM
There was a sell off on Bitfunder during the BTC-TC trading freeze, by someone who was looking to cash in a decent amount of shares. Investors getting spooked is the most likely answer.

I was thinking, a stolen laptop with access to running passwords/sites and a knowledge of Bitcoin, or a jealous girlfriend trying to gain some attention, while he is in the shower!
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
July 23, 2013, 11:37:32 AM
legendary
Activity: 1554
July 23, 2013, 11:17:43 AM
How come it didn't happen for any other security?

Lots of self-denial here.

Oh, the irony!
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
July 23, 2013, 11:10:35 AM
I was just waiting for an opportunity to grab some back at a lower price....

There was no bad news, jut a panic for the door when BTCT came back and by now everyone has figured out it. 

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
July 23, 2013, 10:29:26 AM
Yep - it's light volume right now while most people seem to be waiting to see where things will go. If you wanted to sell or buy >10K shares, you're going to drive the price pretty significantly.
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
July 23, 2013, 10:25:08 AM
Drop was due to btct being locked and panic. I don't see any real news
legendary
Activity: 1498
July 22, 2013, 03:39:52 PM
I will pay
Premium of .0004 per
.003 strike put,
60 days expiration

My options model values these at .000179-.00029, so this is a nice premium, and 11.6% return in 60 days.

BTCT or BitFunder preferred.

20 BTC ready. Pm when live.
legendary
Activity: 994
July 22, 2013, 03:22:47 PM
Hmmm, so much for that flash crash.  You guys look pretty silly right now as the price climbs higher and higher.

you do realize right after entropy posted, the share price started falling from .0025 to as low as .0009, and it still has yet to recover to the .0025 people bought it at?

As I said, you look really silly right now.

.00396 on bitfunder today.

strange, I don't feel silly.  I doubt entropy does either- he posted it would crash, it DID crash by 2/3, then only recovered once the entire business was re-organized and many of the most obviously glaring problems were sort of fixed?  You bulls should really be more thankful to the skeptics, or do you miss your little VMC-AMC multi-level clusterfuck?

I bought a whole bunch at .0025 when the wall was falling and sold them at a range of ~.003-.0034, then did it again with the 2nd wall, buying @.0025 and selling @.0035-.004.  I expect the chance to do it again when Ken feels like dumping more shares.  Guess what- even skeptics are allowed to make money off of absurdly valued securities and asset price bubbles.  Maybe this company is worth a fraction of its current market cap, or maybe one guy who can barely read and write english and continually makes the same mistakes plus a few family members is actually a secret genius who has super mega awesome mining code and will be pumping out millions of dollars of the BESTEST MACHINES EVAR and is going to make a bunch of millionaires out of all of us.

I'm completely over analyzing this company in any depth in public...it's been a FANTASTIC trading vehicle for me from the moment it debuted on BTCT and I will continue following it closely and trading in it, and good luck to those who want to hold for the long term.

Don't count on ken dropping any more shares on the market.  Less than 150k unsold shares remain of the 10,000,000 public shares.
legendary
July 22, 2013, 03:21:32 PM
Hmmm, so much for that flash crash.  You guys look pretty silly right now as the price climbs higher and higher.

you do realize right after entropy posted, the share price started falling from .0025 to as low as .0009, and it still has yet to recover to the .0025 people bought it at?

strange, I don't feel silly.  I doubt entropy does either- he posted it would crash, it DID crash by 2/3, then only recovered once the entire business was re-organized and many of the most obviously glaring problems were sort of fixed?  You bulls should really be more thankful to the skeptics, or do you miss your little VMC-AMC multi-level clusterfuck?

I bought a whole bunch at .0025 when the wall was falling and sold them at a range of ~.003-.0034, then did it again with the 2nd wall, buying @.0025 and selling @.0035-.004.  I expect the chance to do it again when Ken feels like dumping more shares.  Guess what- even skeptics are allowed to make money off of absurdly valued securities and asset price bubbles.  Maybe this company is worth a fraction of its current market cap, or maybe one guy who can barely read and write english and continually makes the same mistakes plus a few family members is actually a secret genius who has super mega awesome mining code and will be pumping out millions of dollars of the BESTEST MACHINES EVAR and is going to make a bunch of millionaires out of all of us.

I'm completely over analyzing this company in any depth in public...it's been a FANTASTIC trading vehicle for me from the moment it debuted on BTCT and I will continue following it closely and trading in it, and good luck to those who want to hold for the long term.

LOL. I think that BESTEST MACHINES EVAR is pretty close to the new marketing material, actually.  "World's Fastest Bitcoin Mining Chip"  the Fast-Hash-One 28nm 16 GH/s chip. ... The Fast-Hash-One series of bitcoin mining machines are  "The Gold Standard Of Bitcoin Mining Machines"™
Activity: 420
July 22, 2013, 03:12:00 PM

legendary
July 22, 2013, 02:28:36 PM
So with the merger terms, are investors still only getting ~8% as pointed out before by another poster? Ken came in and said we get 50% and then they posted a FAQ/merger news and since then no rebuttal from the community. Wondering if we're still in "getting stiffed" territory.

25M shares in total. Investors are getting 10M shares, of which 8,525,349 have been issued. The remaining 15M are owned by Ken (and family members, etc). That does mean that at .0037 * 23,525,349 issued shares, the company is valued at BTC87,043 or $7,833,941 @ $90/BTC.
Profits can now say no, the price is expensive

*shrug* at the end of the day, the markets will decide whether it's overpriced or not. I am in no way comparing ASICMiner and ActiveMiner, except to say that people have been calling ASICMiner overpriced for a long time now.
Activity: 266
July 22, 2013, 01:42:42 PM
So with the merger terms, are investors still only getting ~8% as pointed out before by another poster? Ken came in and said we get 50% and then they posted a FAQ/merger news and since then no rebuttal from the community. Wondering if we're still in "getting stiffed" territory.

25M shares in total. Investors are getting 10M shares, of which 8,525,349 have been issued. The remaining 15M are owned by Ken (and family members, etc). That does mean that at .0037 * 23,525,349 issued shares, the company is valued at BTC87,043 or $7,833,941 @ $90/BTC.
Profits can now say no, the price is expensive
legendary
July 22, 2013, 01:24:29 PM

Activity: 617
July 22, 2013, 01:20:58 PM
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011
Be A Digital Miner
July 22, 2013, 01:05:28 PM
What is the market capitalization of the AMC currently (and does it change after a certain quantity of dividends are paid)?   Can anyone show me these two simple calculations since the structure has changed?
Pages:
Jump to: