Pages:
Author

Topic: The coming flash crash in AMC - page 8. (Read 29407 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
June 29, 2013, 10:53:54 PM
Two points:

1)  In no way does bitcoin security performance effect bitcoin overall.  Unfortunately, the only thing holding bitcoin back at the moment is public acceptance.  The problem is, every time the public gets involved, the price bubbles, pops and scares the public off.  We need to diversify the exchanges enough so that arbitrage can calm the market to a minimum level of stability.

2) All fun aside, Ken really thinks AMC is a real company and a solid investment.  Will it be Asicminer 2.0? No, most definitely not.  Is it profitable @ .0008 / share? Yes.  Is it a scam? No.  Might the U.S. Gov. crack down on AMC/VMC for the multiple questionable business practices? Yes.

I'm no longer an AMC share holder.  I will admit that I made quite a bit of BTC off of this roller coaster ride.  However, in my heart, I believe Ken is being truthful and has only the best intentions in mind.  His business plan however admittedly is faulty.

I will say however that I have a sneaking suspicion that VBS and Lewiki are both part of AMC and not 'normal' share holders.

Price bubbles aren't the only thing turning people against bitcoin.  Getting ripped off while using bitcoin tends to make people blame bitcoin, not the con artist who cheated them.

I would have to dispute one of your claims.  Buying AMC shares at 0.0008 will not be profitable in the long run.  One tenth of that price might be a good buy, if you can trust Ken with money.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
June 29, 2013, 10:48:07 PM
Two points:

1)  In no way does bitcoin security performance effect bitcoin overall.  Unfortunately, the only thing holding bitcoin back at the moment is public acceptance.  The problem is, every time the public gets involved, the price bubbles, pops and scares the public off.  We need to diversify the exchanges enough so that arbitrage can calm the market to a minimum level of stability.

2) All fun aside, Ken really thinks AMC is a real company and a solid investment.  Will it be Asicminer 2.0? No, most definitely not.  Is it profitable @ .0008 / share? Yes.  Is it a scam? No.  Might the U.S. Gov. crack down on AMC/VMC for the multiple questionable business practices? Yes.

I'm no longer an AMC share holder.  I will admit that I made quite a bit of BTC off of this roller coaster ride.  However, in my heart, I believe Ken is being truthful and has only the best intentions in mind.  His business plan however admittedly is faulty.

I will say however that I have a sneaking suspicion that VBS and Lewiki are both part of AMC and not 'normal' share holders.

Also.. Please stop holding burnside in some way responsible.  That's just stupid.  He leaves it up to the shareholders to approve new securities.  AMC was already trading on bitfunder, there was at the time no compelling reason to deny the listing.
June 29, 2013, 09:38:52 PM
AMC isn't even a company, it is only a unit under VMC. How could it be approved for public trading?

Most sites just charge a fee and you are listed.  Your contract could say that you will use the money to 'Kill Whitey' and you could still be trading.

I had thought BTCT.co would be different as they do have a review process, but they failed miserably in this instance.  It looks like buyers there lost 750 BTC in the last 2 days so maybe changes will be made.

More likely not though.
Activity: 161
Merit: 11
June 29, 2013, 07:39:29 PM
AMC isn't even a company, it is only a unit under VMC. How could it be approved for public trading?
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
June 29, 2013, 07:33:03 PM
Paying dividends to 'unsold' shares in this manner is actually illegal... it can be classed as money laundering, the  corporate profit is being pumped out of the company via a back door into a privately controlled external entity.
This would get you 10-15 in Hong Kong....

Normally the exchange should sanction the directors, but again they have no actual 'legal power' other than say 'don't do it again'.
A possible option would be to prevent further listings by the people involved, but to do that the exchange would need the status of  be something that people WANT to be listed on, unfortunately allowing such behavior is just undermining the whole system.

Bitcoin is not going to get anywhere fast as regards adoption, if it is considered a haven for drug dealers, money launders and dodgy business practices.
June 29, 2013, 07:18:11 PM

There wasn't much flash to it, but it sure as hell crashed.

It's nice to know folks read my posts.   Grin

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make another prediction:

Within 2 weeks AMC will break below the 0.0005 early investor price if Ken doesn't restructure the company.

Assets only support a price of 1/10 of that level, and that is before we consider the self dealing to VMC that bleeds value out of AMC.  Even the newbs are reading the fine print and realizing what a ripoff the stock is at this point.  It's no longer just Minor Miner, Deprived and myself beating the drum.
legendary
Activity: 1123
SaluS - (SLS)
June 29, 2013, 06:55:37 PM
Treasury:      0.12 BTC ?

What is that?

Probably a family member.

Kenneth E. Slaughter, CEO/CTO. Gerald L. Slaughter, COO/CFO. Micha Slaughter, VP Manufacturing OperationsDarin Carolus, VP Marketing
legendary
Activity: 910
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
June 29, 2013, 06:51:27 PM
Treasury:      0.12 BTC ?

What is that?
June 29, 2013, 04:26:54 PM
Lol, Ken and his accomplice are trying really hard to work the price up again, but smart investors have learnt the lesson and not fall to his trap again, no one is buying his shit anymore.
June 29, 2013, 04:02:59 PM
The AMC thread has become such a train wreck I am going to preserve this here.  It's informative to see how much value Ken is skimming before you even consider the gift of IP rights to himself.

Essentially shareholders provide all the capital, take all the risk, get no IP rights, and 8% of the profits from AMC.

I think I might understand the dividend situation now.  It's all very confusing since Ken likes to confuse himself and AMC, never mind VMC which scoops the cream of this farm in the first place.

So dividends look like so:
Code:
Shares outstanding
Ken:               60 000 0000
AMC capital fund:  20 000 000
Treasury shares :  12 000 000 (?)
Shareholders:       8 000 000 (?)

Treasury + Shareholders should be equal to 20 000 000 but I have no idea of the current split.

1 BTC in dividends delivers

Ken:  0 *  - until he repays the planned $1M no interest, no recourse loan to his other company VMC
AMC capital:   0.5 BTC
Treasury:      0.3 BTC
Shareholders:  0.2 BTC

Note that Ken is 60% owner of AMC, as well as 100% owner of VMC.  Each dividend pays 80% back to AMC at present.

Far from not getting any compensation as Ken claims, 48% of income goes to his pocket.

If he ever pays back the $1M gift, the dividends will be:

Code:
1 BTC in dividends delivers

Ken:           0.60 BTC
AMC capital:   0.2 BTC
Treasury:      0.12 BTC
Shareholders:  0.08 BTC

That's one hell of an investment you've got going.  If you are Ken Slaughter.
June 29, 2013, 01:15:11 PM
What if Ken re-wrote the contract to give him less power in AMC in regards to controlling the share prices and issuing shares. Do you guys think that would help AMC and it's investors?

Of course it could.  But you would have to ask why he would do so.  He's already grabbed $500 000 for himself.  Why would he change direction now.

Based on his actions, I would examine any 'gifts' from Ken carefully.  They are likely to be more trojan horse than attempts to make things fair for his investors.
Activity: 350
June 29, 2013, 01:12:17 PM
What if Ken re-wrote the contract to give him less power in AMC in regards to controlling the share prices and issuing shares. Do you guys think that would help AMC and it's investors?
June 29, 2013, 12:56:15 PM
Another imminent crash coming, if the support at 0.0008 does not hold, it would be a freefall back to IPO price!

Ken is free under his contract to crash it to 0.0005 whenever he chooses.

Based on the assets of the company it is worth about 0.00006  (that is 60 millionths of a BTC).  But the self dealing terms make it worth zero in my eyes.
June 29, 2013, 12:40:04 PM
Another imminent crash coming, if the support at 0.0008 does not hold, it would be a freefall back to IPO price!
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
June 29, 2013, 12:20:07 PM
I agree 100%. I hold the exchanges, specifically their owners, responsible. This get rich quick method of opening a "company" and then listing it on an exchange is going to hurt bitcoin investing in the long run.

The first time I read the description of AMC I was extremely disappointed that exchanges would even allow such a concoction to be listed. Shame on the exchanges. The ridiculous business model and rules, especially that AMC and VMC are owned by the same entity, should have been an instant no-go for the exchange. Burnside/Ukyo/whoeverelse, please tell me how you can possibly read the description of AMC and allow such a thing to exist on your exchange.

Exchanges: enjoy your fee's now, because this method of doing business will hurt you in the long run. However, if you gain the reputation as a diligent exchange that does not allow these type of "securities" you will gain the respect and confidence of investors. Please do not use the "investor ignorance is not our fault" copout. Its your responsibility to disallow these types of schemes from being listed in the first place. You are a pseudo accessory by allowing it to be listed.
It is a bit disappointing, isn't it?  Zero negative votes against the AMC-PT on BTCT -- I would have thought this was an opportunity for BTCT to distinguish itself from the crowd.  Sort of demonstrates how a financial sector, left to its own devices, can't self-regulate effectively when all the individual players, including the exchanges, act their in their narrow self-interest.

Somewhere down the line, months or years from now, it will be situations like this that cause government agencies to wave their arms and insist that more regulation is needed over this space.  (Whether enforcement is feasible is a separate question.)

Very true. Having a poorly run investment exchange is just welcoming government problems. Look at what happened to mtgox. Obviously that is a different scenario, but it shows that you have to run a tight ship. Having a bitcoin securities exchange that is irresponsible as far as assets it allows is asking for problems. The concept of wild west investing when using bitcoin should be abandoned when it is obvious that the asset is a delusion investment.

Bitfunder/BTCTC/others: please be responsible in what you allow to be listed. Fancy spreadsheets, "estimates" and big promises should be considered worthless. At least have a warning on specific assets that (a) do not have hardware in hand (b) are heavily based on research/development before profit occurs (c) cashflow will not occur for over 3 months.

I keep seeing these assets being listed that are basically "Ordered asic chips from xyc. They are expected to be here in 3-6 months. Pay off my initial cost, believe my estimates and share in the mined bitcoin". Its awful.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
June 29, 2013, 10:30:19 AM
So Ken's big announcement is out, and his pump and dump is failing.

He needs to sell another 3 Million shares at 0.0025 to raise the money he is going to gift to VMC, his privately held company, for chip NRE.  But Bitcoiners aren't buying a $25 Million dollar valuation for a $300k company.  So the party is over for Ken right?

Wrong.  Shortly he is going to hit all the bids on BTCT.co and Bitfunder so that he can give himself that million dollar gift.

How do I know?  Well if you read his contracts, you would know too.

From the summary page on Bitfunder:

Notes On The IPO:

As long as AMC does not sell it's shares below 0.0005 then they may do as they please with their shares. It is their company, their ownership, and their shares.

During the IPO, not all shares may be posted as an ASK.

So expect Ken to start hitting bids, and keep hitting them all the way down to 0.0005 if that's what he needs to do.  Because who wouldn't when every dollar they raise goes to benefit their company rather than the company they are selling the shares in?

We do not need to sale any more shares to fund the chip, see spreadsheet below:

Oh, according to Asicminer's estimate, network hashrate will reach 0.8-1P by the end of 2013.
I think AMC would struggle with 10TH at that time.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
June 29, 2013, 10:19:44 AM
Many prophets of doom yet no one is selling me call options... I am willing to negotiate on all details if someone wants to send me a counter offer...

Eh, because the highest risk anyone is willing to take on is actually buying AMC at the IPO price. From Wikipedia:

"A naked call occurs when a speculator writes (sells) a call option on a security without ownership of that security. It is one of the riskiest options strategies because it carries unlimited risk as opposed to a naked put where the maximum loss occurs if the stock falls to zero."

For bearish call option sellers, the same is true when the price rises. No one should be writing naked call options - that makes investing in BTC securities look conservative.
legendary
Activity: 1620
news.8btc.com
June 29, 2013, 09:35:55 AM
So Ken's big announcement is out, and his pump and dump is failing.

He needs to sell another 3 Million shares at 0.0025 to raise the money he is going to gift to VMC, his privately held company, for chip NRE.  But Bitcoiners aren't buying a $25 Million dollar valuation for a $300k company.  So the party is over for Ken right?

Wrong.  Shortly he is going to hit all the bids on BTCT.co and Bitfunder so that he can give himself that million dollar gift.

How do I know?  Well if you read his contracts, you would know too.

From the summary page on Bitfunder:

Notes On The IPO:

As long as AMC does not sell it's shares below 0.0005 then they may do as they please with their shares. It is their company, their ownership, and their shares.

During the IPO, not all shares may be posted as an ASK.

So expect Ken to start hitting bids, and keep hitting them all the way down to 0.0005 if that's what he needs to do.  Because who wouldn't when every dollar they raise goes to benefit their company rather than the company they are selling the shares in?

We do not need to sale any more shares to fund the chip, see spreadsheet below:

Oh, according to Asicminer's estimate, network hashrate will reach 0.8-1P by the end of 2013.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
June 29, 2013, 08:25:58 AM
I wish people who are really good in those analytics like Deprived would be included in the valuation of new securities, it really hurts btct.co's and Bitcoins reputation when you include crappy moneygrabs in there.

I was also tempted to put money in this as I saw it got zero "no"-votes and people buying lots of this. (But then I saw this big wall and thought, well better wait a while and take your time to read what this is about)

Wiser than me! Fortunately AMC's shares are so "cheap" I bought a few thousand and thought "that's enough" for now. When I realized how dodgy an investment it was, I sold them at a loss and put them in ASICIMINER, who incidentally have just announced they will be releasing "800-1000T hashing power this year". And what they announce historically normally happens.
Activity: 364
June 29, 2013, 07:44:00 AM
I wish people who are really good in those analytics like Deprived would be included in the valuation of new securities, it really hurts btct.co's and Bitcoins reputation when you include crappy moneygrabs in there.

I was also tempted to put money in this as I saw it got zero "no"-votes and people buying lots of this. (But then I saw this big wall and thought, well better wait a while and take your time to read what this is about)
Pages:
Jump to: