Pages:
Author

Topic: The definitive explanation of how activity works! - page 9. (Read 16153 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Might as well sticky this...several threads a day asking this question.

Might be a good idea... Unfortunately, I'm not staff (yet?), so I can't Wink

Liam
Activity: 196
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Might as well sticky this...several threads a day asking this question.
What I didn't get at first is you get 14 more of activity (if your post count is higher of equal to your time) as soon as you post on the first day of a 2-week period

Exemple I registered January 13 my activity is one after the first post and 14 after 14posts then 14 after 15posts and more until Jannuary 27 where it becomes 28 if I made 28posts or more

It can be quite hard to get your head around...

If, on the 2nd two week period, you have more than 28 posts, then your activity will increase rapidly to 28 (an extra 14 points).

The confusion arises when you have a lower post count. Say you have 13 posts, on your first 2 week period. Your activity will be 13 (lower than 1*14). On the 2nd two week period, your activity won't change. If your post count was 15, then your activity would be 14. On the 2nd two week period, it would increase to 15.

It can be quite confusing Tongue

Another thing to think of, if the activity value doesn't divide by 14, then it's going off post count (your activity is higher than your post count). If it is divisible by 14, then your post count is higher than your number of 2 week periods. I've clearly had 10 two week periods I posted (140/14)...

Liam
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
What I didn't get at first is you get 14 more of activity (if your post count is higher of equal to your time) as soon as you post on the first day of a 2-week period

Exemple I registered January 13 my activity is one after the first post and 14 after 14posts then 14 after 15posts and more until Jannuary 27 where it becomes 28 if I made 28posts or more
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Thanks. This makes things clear.
How many times a month is this number calculated?

It's re-checked every half an hour I believe (it could change whenever your post count changes).

Liam
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
How many times a month is this number calculated?
I've posted this in so many threads now...

So, basically, the formula for the activity value is this:

Code:
time = number of 2 week periods in which you posted
activity = min(time*14, posts)

So, lets break this down.

Code:
time = number of 2 week periods in which you posted

This basically means what it says. If you've been registered for one week, then this will be 1. If you've been registered for three weeks and posted on the first day of registration and again today, then it will be 2.

If you've been registered for one year (lets say you registered on the 1st January 2013 and today is the 1st January 2014), and you only posted on the 1st January, 10th January, 23rd March, 15 April, 18 April and the 23rd December, your time value would be 4, because you posted for 4 two-week periods.

Code:
activity = min(time*14, posts)

This basically says that your activity value is the smaller value of your time value multiplied by 14, and your post count. So, if your time value is 2, then your time*14 value would be 28. If your post count was 30, your activity value would be 28. If your post count was 20, your activity value would be 20.

I hope this explains it to some people Smiley

Liam
Pages:
Jump to: