Pages:
Author

Topic: The End Is Near - page 2. (Read 11571 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
May 08, 2013, 05:57:36 PM
Who laughed? I just proposed something to him.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May 08, 2013, 05:55:32 PM
I guess its easier to laugh at the OP rather than face the truth.
legendary
May 08, 2013, 05:50:20 PM
I can't pay even for hosting (have to reopen my VISA) or for game-time (gave cash to my friend so he paid using his VISA). If I could pay for something with Bitcoin I would leave the coins in my wallet, unfortunatelly I couldn't...

I have a server but I'd have to set up PHPmyadmin and all. You could pay me monthy if you'd want.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
May 08, 2013, 05:43:38 PM
I for one, willv remain with bitcoin, even if it goes down to $1/1BTC, because I know in my heart it would rise again.

It doesn't need to rise again. $1/1BTC is fine. Frankly, I'd be more inclined to trust it as a regular payment method at that mark.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
May 08, 2013, 05:43:02 PM
I can't pay even for hosting (have to reopen my VISA) or for game-time (gave cash to my friend so he paid using his VISA). If I could pay for something with Bitcoin I would leave the coins in my wallet, unfortunatelly I couldn't...
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
May 08, 2013, 05:41:37 PM
Currency takes years to establish, you may say '4 years really?' but that's nothing, I guess people are wise to cash out now, whilst it is still pretty high.
However, without faith, bitcoin will slowly die out.

I for one, willv remain with bitcoin, even if it goes down to $1/1BTC, because I know in my heart it would rise again.
Then I would be laughing.
May 08, 2013, 05:39:45 PM
legendary
May 08, 2013, 05:37:40 PM
If you ever need money urgently, you'll have some there.

No, he'd have bitcoin, and I doubt many in urgency of needing money is aided by having bitcoins.

Yes. Correct. But he would have some value stored there and he could sell like in 2 days. If you're gonna counter argument that BTC might fail, pls don't use it.
May 08, 2013, 05:35:45 PM

No, he'd have bitcoin, and I doubt many in urgency of needing money are aided much by having bitcoins.
legendary
May 08, 2013, 05:34:00 PM
Save 2 coins at least. Hell, 10 if you afford it right now.

legendary
May 06, 2013, 04:13:57 AM
Yeh yeh walk it out buddy.

Don't bring your distaste to the speculation forum! Pfft, who does that??

Hell, I started this thread in Bitcoin Discussion. Someone moved it here.
Activity: 504
May 06, 2013, 04:03:47 AM
Yeh yeh walk it out buddy.

Don't bring your distaste to the speculation forum! Pfft, who does that??
legendary
May 06, 2013, 03:22:29 AM
I'm actually going to make you the EXCLUSIVE, ONE AND ONLY MEMBER of my own personal ignore list, and I want to do it AS LOUDLY AS POSSIBLE, just because your posts piss me off than a lot of other trolls on this board and asking to ignore you quietly was just one step over the line.

Hehe. I just wanted to save space of this thread. But I like the exclusive status, thx.

You probably lost a lot of money trading because you thought you were smarter than you actually are.

Not really a lot, I registered on this forum after I had bought bitcoins. They were $2 those days, so I made a fortune actually.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
May 05, 2013, 08:23:03 PM
You probably lost a lot of money trading because you thought you were smarter than you actually are.

Touche.

Came-from-Beyond probably loaded up with BTC at 10c and sold it all at $10, feeling very happy for a brief period. But then, shock horror, it keeps going up! So he has been grinding his teeth watching it climb well over $100. Talking it down is the last throw of the dice to get back in at $10.
Activity: 686
Shame on everything; regret nothing.
May 05, 2013, 08:13:58 PM
For the others who will put me into their ignore lists:

Do it silently plz, I don't really care. I know, this forum is full of sheeple who r unable to see beyond their dogmas.

I'm actually going to make you the EXCLUSIVE, ONE AND ONLY MEMBER of my own personal ignore list, and I want to do it AS LOUDLY AS POSSIBLE, just because your posts piss me off than a lot of other trolls on this board and asking to ignore you quietly was just one step over the line.

Tragic, but now immortalized.  You can lessen this tragedy by walking away from the Interwebs and maybe consider working with animals or something.
Activity: 188
Merit: 108
May 05, 2013, 06:42:10 PM
I know, this forum is full of sheeple who r unable to see beyond their dogmas.

ok, i just couldn't resist to read the reply.
Pls tell me, when did you have your illumination?

Forget about him and please share your personal troll list here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2041108
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
May 05, 2013, 06:32:39 PM
I know, this forum is full of sheeple who r unable to see beyond their dogmas.

ok, i just couldn't resist to read the reply.
Pls tell me, when did you have your illumination?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
this statement is false
May 05, 2013, 06:20:16 PM
So again - it's not a scalability issue, it's a problem with accounting for the true cost of a transaction. Introducing bigger blocksizes before the underlying problem (transaction fees) is solved, will only augment the devastating effect of the externalized cost of uneconomical outputs.

exactly, it's a scaleability issue regarding the economic incentives of the protocol. but we are in agreement -- it's not a fatal scaleability issue that is protocol-inherent.
legendary
Activity: 1218
May 05, 2013, 06:05:55 PM
There is no current competing currency that could scratch bitcoin. If a company like google came out though and implemented their own currency, exchange etc it could be a wild success.

That's the problem.

Just figure if Apple created its own iCoin: it would sell for 4x the price of Bitcoin from day 1!  Grin

Yes 0 - from day 1 until they decide that it's not worth the regulatory headache and they kill it.  The fools who follow Apple or Google then lose their shirts. 

Bitcoin is genuinely free.  It can't be killed.  That is one reason it has value.
donator
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
May 05, 2013, 06:04:10 PM
Transaction volume is finite. Even if you'd be able to do 1 GB blocks, you'd still have to solve the "spamming" problem, which means that you want to discourage someone from hijacking the blockchain for purposes other than the original intent at no charge.
Traditionally a transaction fee has served as a way to prevent this, but the way it is implemented in bitcoin, it suffers from the deficiency of not taking into account ALL costs of a transaction (future+current).

So again - it's not a scalability issue, it's a problem with accounting for the true cost of a transaction. Introducing bigger blocksizes before the underlying problem (transaction fees) is solved, will only augment the devastating effect of the externalized cost of uneconomical outputs.

However - mining is a majority process. As long as there is no hard rule (and a hard rule for transaction fees is NOT trivial), then all you need to do is to include a sufficient bribe for your dust output. Some miners will include it at the expense of the future mining community (I am not advocating this, just stating reality).
Pages:
Jump to: