Pages:
Author

Topic: The End Is Near - page 6. (Read 11571 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
May 02, 2013, 02:46:13 PM
FML, the spec forum has follow me out.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
May 02, 2013, 02:43:15 PM
People lost their faith in Bitcoin. The rise of competing altcoins, govt regulation, shutdowns of exchanges, frozen bank accounts, recent crashes called "fluctuations", black PR. More than 4 years have passed since the launch and Bitcoin is still far from world-wide adoption. In our fast-paced world 4 years is too much time. Those who familiar with Bitcoin see other worrying indications - price manipulation, inability of core devs to solve technical issues related to scalability, centralization, successful attempts of some persons to regulate Bitcoin. For me it's obvious now that The End Is Near. Bitcoin failed, time to move on...
I read an article about the bitcoin as internet hysteria and I was laughing about it but now I don't find a better word about what is happening with terracoin, feathercoin, bytecoin and the other new coins which don't bring anything new but found a lot of new adepts.
Bitcoin is still not at the end but definitely there is a new threat with so many new alt-currencies. And more and more alt-currencies will appear.
- The alt-currencies are sucking already a huge amount of financial blood from bitcoin and it will be even worse.
- Miners will switch from a currency to another when prices change like it was by terracoin and hash power could fluctuate drastically which will reduce the network security.
It will be not any more take long and will appear the first currency making kit and anybody could make a new currency with it.
May be bitcoin should find a way how to use best this new situation.
People a fascinated by creating new currencies and may be could be built a system upon the bitcoin system to give for every social group the joy to create his own currency and still be integrated in a global bitcoin economy.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
May 02, 2013, 02:38:22 PM
I'm here for the full 4 years and I can prove otherwise.

Could u provide a few examples, plz?
legendary
Activity: 860
Merit: 1026
May 02, 2013, 02:34:05 PM
IT ONLY HAS BEGUN!!!

In 4 years since the launch? U r kidding.

It doesnt even moved from beta yet ...

See? No progress at all.

I'm here for the full 4 years and I can prove otherwise.
legendary
May 02, 2013, 02:32:48 PM

Yup. I used this phrase as a trick to catch attention.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
May 02, 2013, 02:30:14 PM
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
May 02, 2013, 02:26:25 PM
From my point of view success is not measured by amount of paper money.

Buying power is really all that matters, I agree with that statement.  All the more reason to be invested in crypto currency.  Will it be BTC or some other currency?  I guess that is where you are going with this thread.  So far BTC has had the most success though and has some traction behind it.  It might not be the "best" but it is the first.  Many things that are the first are the winners so again, it is a risk worth taking. 
legendary
May 02, 2013, 02:23:04 PM

U think the price is measure of success?

If I get $1000 for every $100 I invested in BTC I will feel very successful  Grin

If my BTC has the buying power of $1000 for every $100 I will feel very successful too.   Grin

BUT,  If I lose money investing in this I will be sad for a day but move on. 

From my point of view success is not measured by amount of paper money.
legendary
May 02, 2013, 02:19:21 PM

U think the price is measure of success?

If I get $1000 for every $100 I invested in BTC I will feel very successful  Grin

If my BTC has the buying power of $1000 for every $100 I will feel very successful too.   Grin

BUT,  If I lose money investing in this I will be sad for a day but move on. 
legendary
May 02, 2013, 02:15:02 PM
We will need to bump this thread in a year or two and laugh when BTC is worth 10X as much as it is today.

U think the price is measure of success? Enjoy - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist's_shit.
legendary
May 02, 2013, 02:10:23 PM
4 Years is nothing!

E-books
Invented: 1930
Became mass popular: 1992

Microsoft
Started: 1975.
Became Popular: 1995

Christianity
Started: Approx 4 BC
Became a world religion: The 16th century

Cars
First prodused: 1672
Became a World Wide Product: (Not yet)

And so on, etcitra, and so forth...

iPhone
Presented: 2007
Became Popular: 1 year later

Android 1.0
Released: 2008

Kickstarter
Founded: 2009

Pinterest
Appeared: 2012

Activity: 218
Merit: 100
Firstbits: 19e3fc
May 02, 2013, 02:07:53 PM
Can you change topic name to "The end is nigh"?
Kthx.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1022
No Maps for These Territories
May 02, 2013, 02:05:26 PM
I am very new to BTC.  I assume messages were posted like this repeatedly throughout the past few years? We will need to bump this thread in a year or two and laugh when BTC is worth 10X as much as it is today.  
Indeed, this is the boring standard routine every time the price goes down. I'm sure someone with time on their hands could dig up at least 100 similar threads. At least this one tries to combine it with altcoin pumping. Yawn.
legendary
May 02, 2013, 01:56:07 PM
I am very new to BTC.  I assume messages were posted like this repeatedly throughout the past few years? We will need to bump this thread in a year or two and laugh when BTC is worth 10X as much as it is today.  

Here is my two cents: My husband mentioned BTC to me about a year or so ago.  We were hesitant to get involved then because it seemed risky and we were not sure if it would get any traction at all at that time.  With the regulations that were mentioned for money laundering in the US we finally bought in thinking it was being taken more seriously.  Then it started to sky rocket but of course it has been volatile since then.  Personally, I think we are just on the brink of it gaining at lighting speed, even more so than the last big jump.  With the conference coming up in May there will be more press around that for sure!  Venture Capitalist are working on providing more and better services to make BTC more accessible to the average person.  It is just a matter of time.  Personally, I am pleased that will all of the drops and price fluctuations, the value seems to still stabilize around $100 or so. If the value stays around $100 then I don't feel any real need to panic.  If I sold my BTC I would not really lose much money at this point.  In reality, I won't even panic if we lose all the money we have in BTC because I believe the risk is worth it.  There are not many opportunities like this so it is riskier not to give it a try!  I would be so upset with myself if I did not take a chance on it.  What is more depressing, losing a few thousand dollars giving something new a try or realizing that when you had the chance to invest a few thousand that could not be worth a few hundred thousand you did not take that risk?  I already learned that with the fact we did not buy a year ago so I know the answer to that.  Wink  

The greatest proof for me that we have just barely scratched the surface on this is that when I talk to my friends and family NO ONE has heard about BTC.  We live a pretty technologically advanced area of the US too.  

Patience people.  Patience!!!
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
May 02, 2013, 01:52:33 PM
Before you say bitcoin has failed, first you must define what a success would be for bitcoin...

You make some very red points there.  We have a winner!  Grin
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 02, 2013, 01:47:33 PM
Come from behind is correct. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

BTC will fail as the single, arch-cryptocurrency. It's got some real problems. All you dang kool-aid drinkers put down the isopropyl alcohol spiked kool-aid for just long enough to use your mind and learn what the flaws are and impartially analyze them already, for crissake. I'm not saying it's a train wreck. But because it is open source, it is bound to be improved upon, itself and by forks.

He's not saying cryptocurrency is a failure.

Bitcoin succeeds as being the prototype of cryptocurrency, because cryptocurrency will prevail! Think about it. This is the first go round. Others are already proliferating. Some address btc specific flaws, others don't. The markets will decide. I don't think bitcoin is going to come out on top.

When it's practically as easy as doing a git clone and changing what you want, posting what you did here, enduring the flaming kool-aid drinkers, and supporting the product, then better (and worse) alternatives are surely going to make themselves available. That's another bitcoin success!

I think it will stablize in the future with many different competing and complementary cryptocoins, some for international purposes, some localized geographically used as reserves for notes issued by local banks or governments. Some will store wealth better, like bitcoin, some will spend better and have more velocity, like something like freicoin. Some will only be useful in California, others the world over on the internet. Some will only be pertinent to certain industries, like devcoin is to geeks.

Bitcoin fails as the be-all, end-all, only meaningful cryptocurrency, but succeeds wildy in spawning a whole new monetary system.

This is just my opinion.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
May 02, 2013, 01:47:25 PM
4 Years is nothing!

E-books
Invented: 1930
Became mass popular: 1992

Microsoft
Started: 1975.
Became Popular: 1995

Christianity
Started: Approx 4 BC
Became a world religion: The 16th century

Cars
First prodused: 1672
Became a World Wide Product: (Not yet)

In 4 years since the launch? U r kidding.
donator
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
May 02, 2013, 01:46:42 PM
OP is just another "chicken". Bye bye.

I hope soon we will completely get rid of these whining creatures and bitcoin will continue its progress.
legendary
May 02, 2013, 01:40:20 PM
ROME WAS NOT MADE IN 1DAY... SO DID PAPER MONEY...

but guess what... paper money can't travel in the internet which is our latest technology as of the moment and still growing... the only "THING" traveling through internet is the manipulated numbers by BANKS and all their fees and etc...

ONLY BTC CAN TRAVEL ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WITHOUT ANY MANIPULATION OR HOLD OR ANY SHIIIITY SHIIT.... AND ANY GOV CAN MAKE...

I don't say all cryptocoins failed. Only Bitcoin. Yes, Rome was not made in 1 day. But we r talking about an open-source digital currency. It should be changed 10 times a day, thousands contributors should add hundreds features each day. Unfortunatelly,
It doesnt even moved from beta yet ...
Something is wrong, isn't it?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Free World
May 02, 2013, 01:39:39 PM

Can't name the people who lost the faith. It's just my feeling that most of people consider Bitcoin a "become rich fast" scheme.

For me success is measured by ability to buy something except fiat money.

So, for you, failure is when the people who had been selling things for btc stop taking btc. Do you have any examples of people removing the "pay with bitcoins" option from their websites?

No, for me, failure is when there is no or little progress during a long period of time. I live in the capital of a small European country, but I haven't seen "pay with bitcoin" there. Also, in ur post u didn't address technical issues. They seem to be unresolvable.

LIKE ALL PLACES IN THE WORLD GOT INTERNET YET? DO A LITTLE FAVOR FOR ME... IS INTERNET STILL GROWING? AT WHAT PERCENTAGE? HOW FAST?

I think there are still 5-20% of the earth population who does not know what INTERNET IS... and with 40-80% who are NOT INTERNET SAVVY....

BTW internet is moving from computers alone to... phones... to tvs... to refrigerators... etc... you name it...

now imagine if INTERNET/TECH IS 100% being use in earth and everyone is INTERNET/TECH SAVVY... why would anybody use paper money?

It may not be in our time but... I can SAY THAT TIME WILL COME WHEN THE ONLY USE OF PAPER IS FOR WIPING OUR BUTTS... after using the toilet... Cheesy

so yeah... we still have a long way to go...

Pages:
Jump to: