Pages:
Author

Topic: The End Is Near - page 7. (Read 11571 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Free World
May 02, 2013, 01:31:57 PM

ROME WAS NOT MADE IN 1DAY... SO DID PAPER MONEY...

but guess what... paper money can't travel in the internet which is our latest technology as of the moment and still growing... the only "THING" traveling through internet is the manipulated numbers by BANKS and all their fees and etc...

ONLY BTC CAN TRAVEL ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WITHOUT ANY MANIPULATION OR HOLD OR ANY SHIIIITY SHIIT.... AND ANY GOV CAN MAKE...

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye
May 02, 2013, 01:31:14 PM

Can't name the people who lost the faith. It's just my feeling that most of people consider Bitcoin a "become rich fast" scheme.

For me success is measured by ability to buy something except fiat money.

So, for you, failure is when the people who had been selling things for btc stop taking btc. Do you have any examples of people removing the "pay with bitcoins" option from their websites?

No, for me, failure is when there is no or little progress during a long period of time. I live in the capital of a small European country, but I haven't seen "pay with bitcoin" there. Also, in ur post u didn't address technical issues. They seem to be unresolvable.

What technical issues?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
May 02, 2013, 01:27:47 PM

Can't name the people who lost the faith. It's just my feeling that most of people consider Bitcoin a "become rich fast" scheme.

So, for you, failure is when the people who had been selling things for btc stop taking btc. Do you have any examples of people removing the "pay with bitcoins" option from their websites?

No, for me, failure is when there is no or little progress during a long period of time. I live in the capital of a small European country, but I haven't seen "pay with bitcoin" there. Also, in ur post u didn't address technical issues. They seem to be unresolvable.
May 02, 2013, 01:21:09 PM

legendary
May 02, 2013, 01:12:02 PM
May 02, 2013, 01:03:40 PM
People lost their faith in Bitcoin. ... For me it's obvious now that The End Is Near. Bitcoin failed, time to move on...

What people? Does bitcoin care?

Before you say bitcoin has failed, first you must define what a success would be for bitcoin. To me, a successful bitcoin has the network running securely, confirming transactions in a timely manner, allowing me to send value across the globe or store value securely until I need it later. We have achieved a small amount of success, but there is still room for improvement. Right now I can store value as bitcoins, and I can send those bitcoins, but these features are still limited.

To be massively successful, bitcoin will have to gain these things:

1 - There should be worldwide consensus that bitcoins hold value. This is just a matter of the vast majority of the world acknowledging the existence of bitcoins, and that they do in fact represent value. Not everybody has to own or use bitcoin, just that when you mention you want to pay using bitcoins they understand what you mean and have some way to receive the payment.

2 - Good exchanges should exist for all localities. Local laws and monetary conventions are different all around the world, so each locality needs to have an exchange that conforms to their own rule-set. Bitcoin will function best when there is a way for anybody in the world to move from bitcoin to their local currency (or the other way around) without much trouble.

3 - The value of bitcoins should be stable. Putting money into bitcoins should be regarded as simple saving of value for the future, not as an investment (something like gold is used today as a way to save without being subject to inflation, hypothetically). Changes in the USD/BTC rate will reflect how well or poorly the USD is doing, and not how much attention BTC has gotten in the news.

In conclusion, the network is still running and there are people who are willing to exchange btc for something somewhere, so bitcoin has not failed yet.

I find the blue font color lends a lot of credibility to this argument. Only a counter argument in a red font could convince me otherwise.

EDIT: Added the color just for you Cheesy
legendary
May 02, 2013, 12:39:44 PM
send here than
1JdTAUtCuraV9Vy19gnhnutGLs4J9Pa7Jf

Already sold for U.S. dollars, sorry.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 02, 2013, 12:35:55 PM
send here than
1JdTAUtCuraV9Vy19gnhnutGLs4J9Pa7Jf
Activity: 518
May 02, 2013, 12:26:51 PM
games are made in 1-4 years and you would like global currency to fall from the tree?

Such an idea as Bitcoin appears once a millenium. Bitcoin lost its chance, now time for its descendants.

you are deluded, plain and simple. The bitcoin experiment is going amazingly well. You just don't like it because your own altcoin will never see the light of day. Your forum only has about 3 people on it. Deal with your failed experiment instead of declaring an amazingly successful one dead.

Sour grapes for dinner anyone.
legendary
May 02, 2013, 12:23:12 PM
games are made in 1-4 years and you would like global currency to fall from the tree?

Such an idea as Bitcoin appears once a millenium. Bitcoin lost its chance, now time for its descendants.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
May 02, 2013, 12:20:42 PM
I find the blue font color lends a lot of credibility to this argument. Only a counter argument in a red font could convince me otherwise.

Second. And well said. +1

Could everyone else spare an extra internet for RodeoX?
lol, thanks. You will get an invite when my private internet is done.  Smiley
Activity: 280
May 02, 2013, 12:17:47 PM
It took humans thousands of years to realize bartering wasn't the most efficient way of conducting transactions. More exchanges will open up very soon and gox will not have the strangle hold it has now. People don't need to accept it as payment but if an organization started accepting donations (who doesn't want a free donation?!) then it will catch in quicker. Because of the 'stability' now people will start spending them now which is probably the best thing for it.

We don't need more exchanges, we need more shops/services.

Crypto>fiat end of story

Agree.

The central problem is one (1) Monopoly exchange...
Supplemented by a gaggle of dwarf exchanges...
That are all working really hard to SUCK millions out of the BTC universe.

Without a diversified exchange space with 100s of players...
What on earth do people think "shops" will do with their BTC...
Are "shopkeepers" going to feed Bitcoins to their kids?

That said, you have to be optimistic about anything...
Anything... that has rocketed to $1 billion market cap...
Supported by a radical, obsessive, committed Cult.
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
May 02, 2013, 12:16:50 PM

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
May 02, 2013, 12:14:08 PM
IT ONLY HAS BEGUN!!!

In 4 years since the launch? U r kidding.

4 years is nothing, are you 12 by any chance? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7miRCLeFSJo
Activity: 439
May 02, 2013, 12:13:06 PM

Second. And well said. +1

Could everyone else spare an extra internet for RodeoX?
legendary
May 02, 2013, 12:11:48 PM
It took humans thousands of years to realize bartering wasn't the most efficient way of conducting transactions. More exchanges will open up very soon and gox will not have the strangle hold it has now. People don't need to accept it as payment but if an organization started accepting donations (who doesn't want a free donation?!) then it will catch in quicker. Because of the 'stability' now people will start spending them now which is probably the best thing for it.

We don't need more exchanges, we need more shops/services.

Crypto>fiat end of story

Agree.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
May 02, 2013, 12:10:02 PM
It took humans thousands of years to realize bartering wasn't the most efficient way of conducting transactions. More exchanges will open up very soon and gox will not have the strangle hold it has now. People don't need to accept it as payment but if an organization started accepting donations (who doesn't want a free donation?!) then it will catch in quicker. Because of the 'stability' now people will start spending them now which is probably the best thing for it. Crypto>fiat end of story
Activity: 518
May 02, 2013, 12:08:45 PM
I apologize, not an LTC troll. A "Qubic" troll, whatever the f*** that is. Good luck with your altcoin that nobody will ever hear of.
legendary
May 02, 2013, 12:08:16 PM
IT ONLY HAS BEGUN!!!

In 4 years since the launch? U r kidding.

It doesnt even moved from beta yet ...

See? No progress at all.
Pages:
Jump to: