Pages:
Author

Topic: The END of ICO's? - page 10. (Read 8832 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
September 28, 2017, 08:08:44 AM
I dont think so the ICO's will end soon but in the future it can really happen.
The ICO ban by the Chinese government is just to protect their citizens for obvious reasons.
I think without the USA and China, there is still the rest of the world so definitely its not the end of ICO's
Although the ICO market will be not end by the Chinese government.
But I think them had affected to this market and made the mentality of investors doubt in this field.
Activity: 140
Merit: 103
September 28, 2017, 07:43:46 AM
I dont think so the ICO's will end soon but in the future it can really happen.
The ICO ban by the Chinese government is just to protect their citizens for obvious reasons.
I think without the USA and China, there is still the rest of the world so definitely its not the end of ICO's
Activity: 344
Merit: 107
September 28, 2017, 07:20:56 AM
I heard ICO just ban for China or U.K i think.China already declared ICO is ban for this country.I think its regulation fact by their government.Many ICO is scam this is big main reason.
Activity: 336
Merit: 107
September 28, 2017, 07:02:36 AM
The regularization of ICOS would be an incredible channel and the level of being a misrepresentation would be much lower. Control is unavoidable. The most grounded ICOs will at present figure out how to succeed. Regardless I think there are a great deal of good up and coming ICOs that have turned out to be genuine. Despite the fact that administration bodies are as of now attempting to manage things with respect to ICO, I trust individuals will in any case discover approaches to open an ICO which is consistent to the principles forced upon it. We should observe that they not by any stretch of the imagination forbidding ICO yet they are simply managing it as the greater part of the ICOs that we had are vaporware that simply trick individuals and the advancement group strolling with speculators cash.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Byteball: DAG, Built-in Chat, Conditional Payments
September 28, 2017, 06:46:16 AM
People will always find a way to invest in these things. There are already projects in which not only investors, but also developers are anonymous.
Activity: 308
September 27, 2017, 04:59:12 PM
I can not imagine a country break a whole idea. What I am sure is that the countries must controll what happens with the money, many users have of course very quickly made money here.
After the government gets controll into it  icos will be as good as they was.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
cryptotal
September 27, 2017, 03:05:06 PM
I think not. Regulation should be done. A more strict rule on creating an ICO. I agree that old coins will benefit from this. 
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
September 26, 2017, 03:22:20 AM
If we are to be truthful to ourselves ico project need to be regulated in others to build confidence in the mind of the investors. We are having many scamming project pumping up daily and the issue is that nor of them could do what they have promised in they projects, when the project get listed before you know they are dump.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
September 26, 2017, 03:09:39 AM
The solution on ICO (and Scams) is only self regulation. We are all against to regulations. Thats why we support crypto currencies.
So there is only 1 solution left for scammers and its called "Self Regulation" we will see this is happening end of 2017

This. Crypto exists as anathema to regulation. It's hilarious to see people in this space calling for regulation.

Either way, I'm interested to see how this all plays out.

Crypto grows to a trillion+ market cap, or crypto remains unregulated, pick one.
Activity: 222
September 26, 2017, 03:05:33 AM
I don't believe it the end of ICO's yet - I believe that soon everything will become regulated and the game will change!
Activity: 462
Merit: 114
September 26, 2017, 03:01:53 AM
I think it should sometime happen. Now there are a lot of ICOs that do not even have a product that are blown away after fundraising or at this stage. I think regulation will begin to weed out weak projects.
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
September 26, 2017, 02:25:24 AM

Not really, if it would have been the end of an ICO world then you would have known it from the bitcoin getting collapsed. Because most of the money that goes into ICO world comes from the bitcoin conversion to ethereum and so on.

Anyway, though these countries have banned the ICO program but they have done it to stay away from the scam that might happen. But the china could turn other way round soon, the news coming that they might introduce the regulated ICO so that these people will have to acquire the license first and then launch the projects. Which means there will be complete security of money that they will invest. Hopefully this tells us a lot and no ICO will go down like that. Who knows all the other countries will also make it regulated environment and thus the industry will bloom with lots of white investment.

Activity: 187
Merit: 104
September 26, 2017, 02:04:31 AM
Does this really make a difference? Many ICOs are already banning the US as it is, and many companies are in countries outside of direct SEC jurisdiction. What affect will this actually have?

ICOs are excluding investors from juristriction that has clearer interpretation or treatment of ICO (e.g. Singapore, US, maybe even China), however i think the regulators hasn't really cramp down hard on ICOs entirely. All they need to do is impose ridiculous requirements on banks and choking ICO funds from moving into fiat.
Activity: 378
September 25, 2017, 11:37:34 PM
The solution on ICO (and Scams) is only self regulation. We are all against to regulations. Thats why we support crypto currencies.
So there is only 1 solution left for scammers and its called "Self Regulation" we will see this is happening end of 2017

This. Crypto exists as anathema to regulation. It's hilarious to see people in this space calling for regulation.

Either way, I'm interested to see how this all plays out.
Activity: 378
September 25, 2017, 11:34:38 PM
Does this really make a difference? Many ICOs are already banning the US as it is, and many companies are in countries outside of direct SEC jurisdiction. What affect will this actually have?
Activity: 187
September 25, 2017, 11:25:23 PM
It's no wonder that this happens when the ICO gets out of control and it takes a lot of scam, it's harder and harder to choose legitimate projects because they've been up a lot at the moment.
Thats why when investing we need to do some research which ico project is good. There have been a lot of ico these days and its hard to find a legit ones and a good project. But I think ICO will still exists in the future as long there is needed of regulations to halt the scam projects.

Regulators can only prescribe so many controls and scammers will still find ways to go around the system. The most impt thing to do before participating in an ICO is to understand the business solution and don't put all eggs into one basket. Diversification is key to all investment.... and if its too good to be true, then its most likely not true!
Activity: 461
Merit: 112
September 25, 2017, 06:06:21 PM
I think ICOs do not end, but they are not as interested as the old. There are still ICOs that are highly interested.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
September 25, 2017, 05:55:38 PM
It's no wonder that this happens when the ICO gets out of control and it takes a lot of scam, it's harder and harder to choose legitimate projects because they've been up a lot at the moment.
Thats why when investing we need to do some research which ico project is good. There have been a lot of ico these days and its hard to find a legit ones and a good project. But I think ICO will still exists in the future as long there is needed of regulations to halt the scam projects.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
September 25, 2017, 05:18:40 PM
It's true there is a lot of scam projects and it's harder to find a good one. But I truly believe there is a big future of ICO's, so we now just need more patience to do our researches.

maybe paid consulting service is needed

would you pay to get answers about ICO from technical experts?
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
September 25, 2017, 04:41:01 PM
Imagine if someone had 10years ago banned or destroyed Google, iPhone concept and other similar emerging companies for Microsoft to survive, you probably wont be typing on your smartscreen and using Google search
Maybe this will be good for old coins, and coins already in the big market, this is good for old crypto users, especially now too much ICO, maybe this is the right step, we will invest in an existing project since a long time ago

Pages:
Jump to: