Pages:
Author

Topic: The END of ICO's? - page 9. (Read 8832 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
September 28, 2017, 11:39:36 PM
Information is very important, I think ICO will not be finished until here. Market Value in japan is good, hopefully other countries can follow it. Maybe yesterday china is making a regulation about ICO so bitcoin price goes down, but now it has gone up again and back to normal.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
September 28, 2017, 11:21:21 PM
Well, if they have something in mind that would replace ICO as an instrument to gather resources and sell tokens as an introduction to the market, then perhaps we will have to take a look first.

I have explained the alternatives to ICOs for fundraising. Even explained further the novel fundraising plan for my altcoin project.
Activity: 658
Merit: 260
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 28, 2017, 10:43:32 PM

If we are to be truthful to ourselves ico project need to be regulated in others to build confidence in the mind of the investors. We are having many scamming project pumping up daily and the issue is that nor of them could do what they have promised in they projects, when the project get listed before you know they are dump.

It's not about us actually. It doesn't matter how truthful you stay in the ICO but it's all about those idiots who have made the spam ICO in first place. What we do? We just invest our money in the hope that when the ICO hits the exchanger we will receive the reward for our investments. They get huge money from the ICO and they have to circulate just some portion of the ICO fund raiser still they will scam us. That's really unfair.

If they are doing it then obviously it is money that's get carried away and the government will react on that due to all the complaints about these companies. To be honest government also can not do anything in that as these projects are unregulated with license and stuff. That's why I believe the country's taking decision to ban them.
Activity: 268
September 28, 2017, 10:43:11 PM
This will be good so that we can weed out the scam ICOs from the legit ones. Given that there would be less of them, at least we are going to get quality ICOs. Hopefully anyway.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
September 28, 2017, 10:35:13 PM

Regulation is good. An all-out ban is not apparently. Well, if they have something in mind that would replace ICO as an instrument to gather resources and sell tokens as an introduction to the market, then perhaps we will have to take a look first. For now, ICO is still widely used and new projects are taking note of it with future ICO plans. Just kicking out scams is enough.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
September 28, 2017, 10:28:15 PM
These hard working developers are unstoppable, Chinese need to think of some other way to make it effective, who cares if American, Chinese and all the world bans ICOs if they are not asking you where you live before taking your coins and give you some other coin? there are some ICOs even talking about accepting any body from any country no matter what, I would never ask you for identification if you want to volunteer to participate in my activity ICO. half dead lol. I have big plans for the banned people because I know the feeling. full stop lol, if some body like me is able to depose the most powerful countries in the world by ignoring their rules and regulatory borderlines then a spammer from east Asia could run several projects simultaneously and act as if nothing is wrong.
Activity: 364
Merit: 107
September 28, 2017, 10:00:25 PM
I think regulating initial coin offering  has its benefits and also if initial coin offering were regulated most likely there will be a fewer scammers.  We all know that some of the coins are just a scheme but we can always avoid it if there is some kind of board or group of people who can check if it is a legit coin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
September 28, 2017, 09:41:07 PM
As long as they don't get suspended on Russia haha  Grin. On a more serious note tho, it may actually have the opposite effect (Streisand Effect) and result in ICOs being more profitable
Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
September 28, 2017, 09:15:20 PM
We still have japan and some other countries, and now japan became the biggest bitcoin market market after chinese traders started to move to japan exchanges
Activity: 104
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
September 28, 2017, 09:01:30 PM
Even with China Usa banning ICO, they cant stop people to invest into them, bitcoin does allows them to keep investing no matter if their country does allow or not. Ico will still being promoted and be made untill the day the market is full and all potencial projects get live, there is no way to stop them, as some of them does bring interest and value to crypto.

In theory, they can't totally ban ico concept. We use digital and virtual coins where we can do our wishes. They can't control our virtual coins from their central governments. So I'll keep participating in different icos.
ya but if ICO is illegal in they country. They maybe get jailed if they invest on ICO. it's still bad for some trader
September 28, 2017, 08:59:06 PM
ICO's wont end, it will only be regulated, and that is not a bad thing for cryptocurrencies, regulation will help prevent scam ico's take the investors money, since ico is necessary for a projects success regulation will also be a factor for its good development especially in legal terms.

There is a huge downside coming though:

The downside of regulation of token sales as securities, is they can’t actually become freely tradeable everywhere tokens legally, unless they are locked untradeable on the blockchain for 3 years.

No more get-rich-quick gains and scammy pumpy dumpy.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
September 28, 2017, 08:54:35 PM
ICO's wont end, it will only be regulated, and that is not a bad thing for cryptocurrencies, regulation will help prevent scam ico's take the investors money, since ico is necessary for a projects success regulation will also be a factor for its good development especially in legal terms.
September 28, 2017, 08:45:56 PM
Even with China Usa banning ICO, they cant stop people to invest into them, bitcoin does allows them to keep investing no matter if their country does allow or not. Ico will still being promoted and be made untill the day the market is full and all potencial projects get live, there is no way to stop them, as some of them does bring interest and value to crypto.

In theory, they can't totally ban ico concept. We use digital and virtual coins where we can do our wishes. They can't control our virtual coins from their central governments. So I'll keep participating in different icos.

Incorrect.
Activity: 350
September 28, 2017, 08:38:37 PM

Activity: 286
September 28, 2017, 08:21:26 PM
Activity: 714
Merit: 117
September 28, 2017, 04:47:35 PM
I don't really think we are anywhere close to an end of ICOs. In fact, there are new ICOs every day and demand is always high. I don't think there is a way to stop this. And I even don't think that they should. Most of ICOs are actually very interesting projects.
Activity: 238
Merit: 12
September 28, 2017, 04:43:54 PM
I reckon with such a high demand on ICO's and room for alot of new ideas  it wont change anywhere soon, but that being said their will need to be some sort of regulation on them
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
September 28, 2017, 04:37:40 PM
People will always find a way to invest in these things. There are already projects in which not only investors, but also developers are anonymous.

Very good way to invest - decentralized ICO places. This is new trand. But soon it will be everywhere!
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
September 28, 2017, 04:34:12 PM
It won't be good because when regulation will come in effect the new comer will have to go for obtaining the licenses and the procedure will take long time to get in. This way ICO will start forming very slowly and there won't be any good coin coming as early as it comes right now. We will have to wait long to get a good ICO and our investments clubbed together.

It might be good for us in legality perspective. Because having legalised things means decreasing the scam promotion in first place. Hope it brings good to us and they dint ban the thing completely.

You will only be subject to those regulations if you are from a country with those regulations, in this case the US and China, if you are from any other country then you will be able to invest as usual, besides I think many icos instead of complying are just going to deny people from those countries to buy into their ico, only a world wide regulation on icos could change the existing behavior.
Activity: 127
September 28, 2017, 12:07:16 PM
I dont think so the ICO's will end soon but in the future it can really happen.
The ICO ban by the Chinese government is just to protect their citizens for obvious reasons.
I think without the USA and China, there is still the rest of the world so definitely its not the end of ICO's
Although the ICO market will be not end by the Chinese government.
But I think them had affected to this market and made the mentality of investors doubt in this field.

I agree that investors will be more cautious due to the Chineese ban, but I don't think banning is the solution for scams. I think is better a regulation of the information, ICOs should informe about the pros and cons, and in my view the community can set the rules. If a government regulates something, this means they would tax it somehowe.
Pages:
Jump to: