Pages:
Author

Topic: The END of ICO's? - page 4. (Read 8832 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
BenchCoin: A Digital Student Property Enterprise
October 20, 2017, 05:20:58 AM
Nevertheless, I feel investors themselves are too lazy to do research on any project they are investing in which has really cause this huge regulation thing.

I think this is one of the most true statements about the entire ICO process.  1 minute videos and selfies are considered "due diligence" while business plans are considered "too long to read".  Culture of Social Media  Shocked Roll Eyes
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
October 19, 2017, 11:59:09 PM
Let's not forget there are crypto-friendly jurisdictions out there that will be models of what's to come. ICO's must evolve with the landscape and so should regulation. Initial regulation is reactionary since politicians are playing catch up, so it takes good ICO players to pave the road forward. Look at the US and how they've handled cannabis legalization. It's taken a few states breaking ground to show the rest how it's done.

ICO's aren't impacting the world of politics very much yet. It's only catching their attention because of the vasts amount of capital invested in the ICO ecosystem, just like early Bitcoin only caught their attention because of it's ties to the black market. Once projects start putting more real things on the ground, we'll start to see some real change in regulation. Right now it's largely just websites, games, and computer stuff to politicians.
Activity: 153
October 19, 2017, 11:37:47 PM
I'm not so pessimistic.
I think ICOs will change and ICO investors / contributors will be more demanding.
And there will space for two types of ICOs:
  • Breakthrough (much related with infrastructure): like Bancor, Tezos, Aragon, Raiden, OmiseGo that can be the next "Cisco"
  • Impact (much related with utility): kin (https://kin.kik.com) and appcoins (https://appcoins.io) that are using the blockchain to leverage existent user bases of many million users

The interesting question if there is space for something like filecoin (https://filecoin.io). I think so but I think that represents more risk to the investors that Kin or AppCoins as they don't have user base and a proven model and a track record.

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 19, 2017, 11:01:28 PM
it is not the end, I am sure. Regulation is good enough if ppl know what to do and they are professionals in the area of regulation. But it's not always so.
I hope projects like confideal will exist after regulation
Yes, regulation will really give birth to a more sane ICO environment unlike what we have always had. However, we need to understand that China is not the only country where ICOs evolve, as we have some other projects too from various countries and it is left for each of the government in these places to do the needful.

Nevertheless, I feel investors themselves are too lazy to do research on any project they are investing in which has really cause this huge regulation thing.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
October 19, 2017, 02:44:36 PM
Icos will not be erase that easily in crypto world. As long as new icos keep on coming in, that's the sign that ico will stay for a few years maybe.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
October 19, 2017, 04:11:55 AM
This is not the end, this is the beginning. It is clear that the government should somehow begin to regulate these ICO, but the question is How? By what criteria to determine the quality? even if experts sometimes make mistakes...
anyway, I consider like a positive trend attention to this method of collecting investments from the governments
The main secret to the success of any cryptocurrency is the team behind it, their marketing skills and how relevant the project is. The thing is that no one is ready to support a scammy project and lose their funds these days and no one is ready to support a project that apparently won't be much relevant for anything in the future. With good marketing of a good project which springs support, there is always success at the end.

Hence we can see more ICOs will come into play. People will learn new techniques and will follow them to make their ICOs successful. Probably we can never find any end for ICOs.
Activity: 84
Merit: 16
Tru Reputation Network Pre-Sale: tru.ltd/tokensale
October 18, 2017, 09:30:13 PM

The only change has taken direct action specifically against ICOs. All the others- US, UK, Canada, Australia, South Korea, and I'm sure Japan will- have restated the same guidance: if your ICO looks like a security, functions like a security, and has worse risk than security, then it is a regulated instrument and you have to go through all of the legal requirements that an IPO does. That's not the end of ICOs- it's the end of the ICO Pyramid Schemes in the same way that regulation ended the Penny Stock Pyramids that existed in the 19th Century.

We should all welcome that- it means ICOs have to well designed, deliver exactly what they promise to their investors, and are held to higher standards. There is a really simple way of avoiding it: ICO tokens with an actual legitimate utility, not speculative instruments.
Activity: 560
October 18, 2017, 09:23:37 PM

it seems it is a rumor. until now so many ico are popping up with all kinds that they offer to us. the positive side is always there. and vice versa. maybe there should be a legal body that cope when some ico becomes a scam.
Activity: 246
October 18, 2017, 06:16:15 PM
ICO's will be heavily regulated soon... why???

Quite simple, most ICOs in the current market will lose their people money as they won't trade above ICO price. You're already seeing that many ICO's are well below ICO price these days. Also they list a road map yet have no need to follow it and no need to tell you what they will do with the 30 million or so that they raised.
Activity: 672
October 18, 2017, 05:36:09 PM

Its really a good thing to regulate ICOs because alot of scammers are around here and its seriously hindering credible ICOs around. In a nutshell regulation is okay.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
October 18, 2017, 04:38:23 PM
There will never be an end to ICOs, even if they do get regulated people will come up with ways to skirt the rules, which is especially easy with something like crypto. We're already seeing it with things like airdrops and bounty campaigns, a way to distribute the coins that is outside of the standard ICO structure.
Activity: 350
💲
October 18, 2017, 03:59:20 PM
strict regulation: more quality ICOs
also, we can't really base our prediction on china's behavior, because 90% of the world is not a communist dictatorship.
Activity: 139
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
October 18, 2017, 03:55:03 PM
actually increased the number of quality projects.
Many investors came to this market, so I am happy
Activity: 308
October 18, 2017, 03:53:33 PM
Yes you have to pray to crypto god  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Is there a secret of success for a cryptocurrency?
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064
Juicin' crypto
October 18, 2017, 02:07:44 PM
ico shit needs to end
Activity: 346
Merit: 250
October 18, 2017, 01:48:15 PM
We are constantly seeing news that ICOs are coming to the end, and this is probably making many people smile. ICOs will last a very long time.

It is interesting that news about the continuation of a country banning a coin is interesting, but I think it is not news quality. This is their decision and I am sure they will regret it.
Activity: 336
“Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics”
October 18, 2017, 01:40:06 PM
It's not the end of ICOs I might say. There are still strong icos that keeps on coming in so this will not be the end. It might be the beginning of all the icos out there.
Activity: 385
Merit: 250
www.thegeomadao.com
October 18, 2017, 01:29:14 PM
There are now a lot of ICOs coming out, and every new project is uncertain and without a solid foundation. Therefore, the ban on ICO is inevitable, which facilitates the development of old ICOs and has a strong foundation in the broad market.
Activity: 280
October 18, 2017, 01:19:30 PM
I believe the purpose of regulating ICOs is for the protection of its investors. Government are trying their best in order to protect the public interest to such schemes so i do not see any reason why ICOs will end after being regulated by the government which they just want to make ICOs fairly competitive and clean on any malicious mischief.
Activity: 168
Patience and wisdom is a key
October 18, 2017, 12:50:17 PM
No, not the end, ICOs will be banned, and then regulated, and than un-banned. too much scam, 99% perhaps. Invest in community coins without ICOs guys, Vertcoin, Xtrabytes - is safe bet for a long term investments IMHO.  Especially research Xtrabytes in details - they can be very huge, you'll fell in love with XBY after enough reading about them Wink
Pages:
Jump to: