Pages:
Author

Topic: The forum culture is to kill all newbies? - page 3. (Read 1279 times)

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694
[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope
August 28, 2021, 12:15:13 AM
To respond to OP title:
Newbie status in the forum does not always reflect that the person behind the account is actually a beginner, especially in this forum. Some ways of writing beginners can be identified that they are actually old members of the forum, or several accounts belonging to one person. So, basically can't be sure whether the newbie account is personally owned by the newbie. That's why there's no difference in privilege between the ranks to be suspect.

To respond to OP accusation.
Because after all sMerit is valuable, and very regrettable if distributed to the wrong people (if proven). You are not constrained to deny accusations as best you can with honest evidence. Sometimes there are things that are impossible to prove because of a principle (eg anonymity) and your evidence can be rejected by some members (perhaps subjectively judged). The final judgment is based on the point of view of each member and the fact that some people don't care about one's reputation.

By the way, will these accusations (account farming) prevent you from writing articles? And after all you write articles for everyone, right? I think this kind of accusation is only disturbing if the accused has a business.
Activity: 902
Merit: 655
Do due diligence
August 28, 2021, 12:14:52 AM
In the past four to five years, learning made me a believer of Satoshi Nakamoto and Bitcoin. I’m willing to devote all my energy to Bitcoin. I know bitcointalk is the most precious heritage Satoshi Nakamoto left, so I want to put my in-depth thinking over Bitcoin in here. It’s a sacred thing for me.

I spent most of my time writing during July and August on this forum, striving to publish one article everyday and interact with users. In less than two months, I started a total of 48 topics.

In bitcointalk, I have always adhered to an attitude of peaceful coexistence and communicate with others politely but now I’m suffering vicious assault from Ratimov who condemns me as an alt farmer. That bewildered me as a newbie.

Worse still, there are some people, without learning the truth, deem suppressing newbies as an amusement.

I wanna ask, is this the culture forum? A culture of bullying newbies. Is this still a sacred legacy left by Satoshi Nakamoto? Why is it taken over by some tyrants and bandits? It's the biggest insult to Satoshi Nakamoto.

Now Radimov has carried out the most malicious slander on me. I don't understand why the forum has such scumbag. This is my response:

Ratimov, do not get deluded by pride or hatred

Everyone is supposed to think independently, not be subject to any gossip or slander.

Bitcoin is certainly worthy---so focus on bitcoin.

"peaceful coexistence" doesn't include calling other forum members "scumbags".

"is this the culture forum? A culture of bullying newbies"

Most of us have been newbies and somehow made it through.

I'm a long time member of quite a few forums---I read more than I post on most of them.
I'm also a member of a couple scooter forums----I love motorcycles AND scooters. I grew up around bikers (the type that some may consider "hardcore") and let me tell you...
 those scooter forums can get friggen' ruthless.

copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 234
August 27, 2021, 11:46:00 PM
Mr. Kun, without trying to invade your personal privacy any further, could you perhaps just add a line to your LinkedIn page that says "I am RainbowKun on Bitcointalk"? You could place it in the About section, for one day.

If you can do this, just as a temporary measure to prove your identity, I will personally apologize to you for calling you a liar and a cheater.

I have sent you a PM and changed one of my social media introduction information according to your requirements. Please check it.
Activity: 57
Merit: 17
August 27, 2021, 11:30:48 PM
Kunyuan Original Serial 6'' blockchain is a switch for human beings to evolve from carbon-based to silicon-based civilization (https://www.xuehua.us/a/5eb64dfe86ec4d3b43531c61)
There is a QR code at the bottom of the article. I think you can add what you said "KUNYUAN" as a contact to verify if it is the original author. Download a wechat. Why don't you investigate further since this step has been investigated?

I just added KUNYUAN, but no response so far.

I desperately need Rainbowkun to prove himself. This way I can get rid of the alt tags imposed on me.

I tried to reply to that article by Ratimov, but I gave up. That post is too confusing. But ratimov mentioned my name again today, accusing me and them of using the same image conversion website.

The Ghoul:

Code:
https://i.loli.net/2021/08/05/8og1IRLrmucaz7t.png

Code:
https://i.loli.net/2021/08/05/LA1mM9y7VcUgk8Q.png

https://sm.ms

This website is my most frequently used website. Yes, I am Chinese. If you search for "图片转换成链接" in google. sm.ms is the first few searches in google.

Yes, they gave me another tag.. I think I have to go to Ratimov’s post to explain....
copper member
August 27, 2021, 11:17:48 PM
Yes, you did a great job and searched for my article written in Chinese in 2018. I am the original author Kun Yuan, and I am also from China.

I have extreme doubts about this. Why would you text spin your own article? Why not just say you were this person from the beginning? You have also taken excerpts from articles that are clearly not yours.

Triffin Dilemma warns us that a monetary system that depends on the currency of a single sovereign country as its only tool in international liquidity will undoubtedly be trapped into Triffin Dilemma.

Here is the original:

Did you also write this wiki article?  Roll Eyes

Thank you for asking this question. First of all, this is just a sentence on the Triffin Dilemma in the wiki, an introductory sentence. What problem does the Triffin Dilemma solve? You can read my entire article. This sentence is just a declarative language that belongs to the Triffin Dilemma. The point of view in my entire article is to interpret the Bitcoin problem from the perspective of the Triffin Dilemma, and look forward to the future development direction of Bitcoin. From Triffin Dilemma, I interpret that a super-sovereign currency must appear to solve the problems of the current world monetary system. In the future, Bitcoin can definitely grow into a super-sovereign currency.

Here, the Triffin Dilemma is a known historical event and common sense of economics. Anyone with a background in economics can know exactly what the Triffin Dilemma is. This is common sense knowledge. Therefore, this article is also an introduction to common sense knowledge.

For example, I said some introductions of Newton:

In his paper "The Laws of Nature" published in 1687, Newton described universal gravitation and the three laws of motion. These descriptions laid the scientific view of the physical world for the next three centuries and became the foundation of modern engineering.

This is also common-sense physics knowledge. If I put this sentence in my article, is it also plagiarism?

I hope everyone can read my entire article carefully to see what point of view this article expresses, whether this point of view is reasonable, and whether you agree or disagree. Rather than chase and intercept from here, take out every single sentence to see if there is exactly the same description, and then complain about plagiarism.

What I hope to do more with you is the exchange of academics and ideas.

Mr. Kun, without trying to invade your personal privacy any further, could you perhaps just add a line to your LinkedIn page that says "I am RainbowKun on Bitcointalk"? You could place it in the About section, for one day.

If you can do this, just as a temporary measure to prove your identity, I will personally apologize to you for calling you a liar and a cheater.

I just saw this message you sent, let me edit it again. First of all, I am Kun Yuan himself. The article you posted was published by me in 2018. However, I am not the Senior Algorithm Engineer for Alibaba Group and Google Scholar you mentioned, this person is not me. I also don't have a LinkedIn account. But I can try to use other methods to verify my identity. I also sincerely hope that you can read every one of my articles to understand what kind of person I am.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
August 27, 2021, 11:08:17 PM

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 2169
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
August 27, 2021, 10:53:12 PM
You are making the situation more worst. This isn't the right approach to defend yourself. It's a general behavior to creating a thread once we notice something suspicious. Suspicious means perhaps there is something wrong and not yet well-proven. So you may defend and explain it.

I am wondering why are you questioning forum culture? As far as I can see this forum is enough friendly for newbies. But yes, the forum isn't enough friendly for abusers and spammers. I am always quite soft with newbies and I notice most established users are soft as well. There will be always different thoughts, but for a few people, we shouldn't judge overall forum culture anyway.

Don't be aggressive by creating a lot of threads on the same topic. You weren't tagged nor even a single neutral tag I found on your profile. So please handle with care whatever issue you are facing.
Activity: 78
Merit: 24
August 27, 2021, 10:37:13 PM
I wanna ask, is this the culture forum? A culture of bullying newbies. Is this still a sacred legacy left by Satoshi Nakamoto? Why is it taken over by some tyrants and bandits? It's the biggest insult to Satoshi Nakamoto.

The problem is you. You're a liar and a cheater. It is you who is cheapening the value of the forum by flooding it with plagiarized and spun text that you claim to be original thought (it is not).

For example, your topic

Bitcoin, switcher for mankind from Carbon-based to Silicon-based civilization

is almost a word-for-word translation of this article:

``Kunyuan Original Serial 6'' blockchain is a switch for human beings to evolve from carbon-based to silicon-based civilization

This article is three years old and I don't believe you are the original author. For example,

In the Internet age, you don’t know if your chatting partner is a dog. In the blockchain age, you don’t know if your trading partner is a machine.

A dog cannot truly chat with people on the Internet for the lack of shared language. But in the time of blockchain, it is possible for a machine to transact with humans because they do have a common language.

So... let me guess what you're going to say next: you are actually Kun Yuan, Senior Algorithm Engineer for Alibaba Group and Google Scholar, right?
I would like to know what is going on in this article about Kun Yuan? Is there any connection between RainbowKun and Kun Yuan?
legendary
August 27, 2021, 10:36:59 PM
Yes, you did a great job and searched for my article written in Chinese in 2018. I am the original author Kun Yuan, and I am also from China.

I have extreme doubts about this. Why would you text spin your own article? Why not just say you were this person from the beginning? You have also taken excerpts from articles that are clearly not yours.

Triffin Dilemma warns us that a monetary system that depends on the currency of a single sovereign country as its only tool in international liquidity will undoubtedly be trapped into Triffin Dilemma.

Here is the original:

Did you also write this wiki article?  Roll Eyes
copper member
August 27, 2021, 10:23:30 PM

The problem is you. You're a liar and a cheater. It is you who is cheapening the value of the forum by flooding it with plagiarized and spun text that you claim to be original thought (it is not).

For example, your topic

``Kunyuan Original Serial 6'' blockchain is a switch for human beings to evolve from carbon-based to silicon-based civilization

This article is three years old and I don't believe you are the original author. For example,

In the Internet age, you don’t know if your chatting partner is a dog. In the blockchain age, you don’t know if your trading partner is a machine.

A dog cannot truly chat with people on the Internet for the lack of shared language. But in the time of blockchain, it is possible for a machine to transact with humans because they do have a common language.

So... let me guess what you're going to say next: you are actually Kun Yuan, Senior Algorithm Engineer for Alibaba Group and Google Scholar, right?

Yes, you did a great job and searched for my article written in Chinese in 2018. I am the original author Kun Yuan, and I am also from China. Later, I will introduce my resume in the crypto world. My energy is mainly used in writing and the design and development of smart contracts. You can't frame me for forming a Merit Corps and abuse Merit just because I am a Chinese. If I can see the face of a Chinese on the forum, I feel very cordial. I believe that if you find the faces of your country on the forum, you will also feel very cordial. I will introduce my experience in detail later.
legendary
August 27, 2021, 07:03:41 PM

For example, your topic

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1610
The BSFL Sherrif 📛
August 27, 2021, 04:26:04 PM
It's good that you are responding constructively to the accusation by Ratimov. But why are you creating so many threads here and there? You have created two threads in reputation and one more here in meta. Couldn't you create one thread and share your arguments in the same thread? It would be of more benefit for you to have all the points presented to the community.

I was astonished to see two of his threads on the reputation board, and now another here on meta, all pointing and repeating the same issue. I won't be surprised if I see another one on B&H tomorrow or next.

If Satoshi were still alive, the forum would be more strict than it is now. There would be no signatures or bounties, and all discussions would be about bitcoin and technical issues, so there would be no drama. The introduction of signatures, bounties, merit, and the trust system added a lot of drama to the forum, and the only way to survive is to develop a thicker skin, or you'll get kicked off. Nobody here cares about your feelings; just your deeds are important.

If you look closely at the reputation board, you'll notice a lot of drama, lies, and accusations amongst both reputable members and Newbies, indicating that no rank is immune to scrutiny or research, which is the beauty of the forum.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1178
August 27, 2021, 01:36:58 PM
OP, go to your profile and check the amount of merit you have received so far. Are you sure this forum has a culture of killing all newbies?
Go to this thread and I believe you should change your thread title to be more specific. [TOP-200] Members who support newbies - Thanks!. Even the real Ratimov accuses you, include of being one of the most helpful users for newbie to develop with merit and I see it has helped 523/ August 13, 2021.

I firmly believe that newbie are the most important part of the bitcointalk forum apart from we had millions of high rank users before. Nothing will harm newbie if they don't break the rules like spam posting, palagiarism, abuse of merit, abuse of campaigns. They will have to take responsibility for their own actions, they will be ignored and others will be tagged.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
August 27, 2021, 12:54:09 PM
It's good that you are responding constructively to the accusation by Ratimov. But why are you creating so many threads here and there? You have created two threads in reputation and one more here in meta. Couldn't you create one thread and share your arguments in the same thread? It would be of more benefit for you to have all the points presented to the community.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
August 27, 2021, 12:45:23 PM
Did I miss something in your post?
Yes, the 2 words I added later Wink
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
August 27, 2021, 12:37:19 PM
The fact is that if the forum in general were prejudiced against newbies, OP wouldn't have been able to earn all of those merits he did, nor would all of those other new accounts involved in the alt ring.
It's actually the opposite: I like seeing new users who aren't spammers, it's what both Bitcoin and the forum need to grow.
Did I miss something in your post?  How is what I wrote in contradiction to what you wrote?  I'm saying the forum isn't prejudiced against newbies--and I also like newcomers who aren't spammers (though as I said, that's the exception rather than the rule). 
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
August 27, 2021, 12:33:09 PM
The fact is that if the forum in general were prejudiced against newbies, OP wouldn't have been able to earn all of those merits he did, nor would all of those other new accounts involved in the alt ring.
It's actually the opposite (of prejudice): I like seeing new users who aren't spammers, it's what both Bitcoin and the forum need to grow.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
August 27, 2021, 12:04:53 PM
Also, you have survived this far on the forum and in less than a year earned over 200 merits from a large range of users, so many other new members have done the same, but we still get repeated complaints of newbie discrimination.
Seriously.  OP is just aggravated that he got caught up in the alt account ring that he's suspected of being a member of--and for good reason IMO.  The fact is that if the forum in general were prejudiced against newbies, OP wouldn't have been able to earn all of those merits he did, nor would all of those other new accounts involved in the alt ring.  It's only after the merit-givers think they've been hoodwinked that there's any blowback, which is what OP is now seeing.

Considering the fact that majority of new accounts created here are alt accounts made for some sort of abuse, members of this forum are not as strict towards newbies as some (and you) might think. 
That's true IMO, and as soon as I start to let my guard down as far as handing out merits to newcomers, shit like this happens.  Now I'm going back to being very skeptical about any newbies who make well-written, high quality posts--because that's the rare exception, not the rule, and cases of that deserve scrutiny.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
August 27, 2021, 10:57:19 AM
I don't think nowadays this forum is harsh for newbies. The other way around, I often get "hate" response from newbies who have toxic attitude. I advise you to keep the drama inside the reputation board, and solve the problem/accusation there with proofs. You have an abnormal merit count though, so his suspicion is understandable.
That depends on which perspective you are from, I mean if newbies says that they feel alienated in this forum then there must be some sort of truth in those words. For me, the only thing that makes it difficult for newbies to navigate is that they don't have the guide, there's a guide yes but it's so passive that it's not encouraging them to go further.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 4216
✿♥‿♥✿
August 27, 2021, 09:30:36 AM
The forum has come a long way and newcomers have always been and will be different. Fraud detectives have also been and will be. If you check old themes, you will be surprised that one person can own a farm with hundreds of alternative accounts.
Newbies are always under scrutiny since in the history of the forum it was they who were scammers, cheaters, etc. The forum is familiar with deception, therefore, "once you get burned on milk you blow on water"
For example, here are a few past topics where dozens of newbie accounts were exposed, abuse of transfer of merit, and more.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.49708048
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.46990586
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.47498423

So stop building drama. The insults that you say about Ratimov are much rougher than what he laid out against you. Are you inviolable?
On the contrary, I was surprised by Ratimov's good nature, with which he generously distributes merit to newcomers, who later went into the ban. And then we see an experienced The Pharmacist looking suspiciously at newcomers. Since the proverb about milk fits here too. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: