Pages:
Author

Topic: The function of religion ? - page 13. (Read 18646 times)

Activity: 123
Merit: 10
December 23, 2017, 02:24:17 PM
In the world there is a very large number of different religions. In my opinion, the main role of religion is the management of people
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
December 22, 2017, 12:19:23 PM
The way i understand most religions are spending hope and giving a guidance on ethics. The function of religion to me is to guide the us people to the right path.   It's also teach you how to manage your time, like you need to spend sometime to come to house of worship as a routine.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
December 19, 2017, 08:02:47 PM
All religions are directed to a certain kind of faith and practices acceptable for that belief. It helps in creating a tradition which is essential for a civilization.

I do not think that religions are essential for a civilizations. On the other hand , religions are destroying our society because of being very dogmatic. For that reason, religions do not improve our cultures and they only damaging our beautiful minds.
I agree with this one , religion are not essential for a civilizations. For some reasons religion is the main cause why people kill each other , because they have differents beliefs that they teach people. Instead of teaching good things about culture they teach people to hate each other. In somewhat where there are people who claims themselves as a religious one. Religion only functional if people have a strong faith with it.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
December 19, 2017, 06:23:32 PM
Mainly religion is there to explain what science can't. It explains to the masses a very complicated system to a very simple mind. That was before education is at its advent. Now religion acts as a buffer or a scape goat of sorts. A person will say that whatever is happening to me has a reason. It gives hope in a very dark situation.
Activity: 70
December 19, 2017, 06:17:40 PM
for years church was the island of knowledge, education, good values and faith. some used religion as an instrument and ideology, but this is not true religion and has nothing to do wtih human values and faith
Activity: 129
December 18, 2017, 06:56:28 AM
It's not about the RELIGION. It's about your RELATIONSHIP to Him.
Activity: 241
December 18, 2017, 04:04:36 AM
Religions are necessery. Ok may be not religion but faith that religion provides. It is really essential cause people need to have something to believe in, to rely on. Especially in times of hardships or when they lose a close person. All such situations call for some sympathy that only religion and faith can give
Activity: 48
December 18, 2017, 02:30:53 AM
I think religion isn't teaching people anything about this world, the only function of it is guiding people to the good way of thinking and give them hope.
Activity: 658
Merit: 252
December 18, 2017, 02:28:41 AM
All religions are directed to a certain kind of faith and practices acceptable for that belief. It helps in creating a tradition which is essential for a civilization.

I do not think that religions are essential for a civilizations. On the other hand , religions are destroying our society because of being very dogmatic. For that reason, religions do not improve our cultures and they only damaging our beautiful minds.
Activity: 167
December 17, 2017, 10:48:49 PM
Agama dapat berfungsi sebagai sarana terbaik untuk mengajarkan hal hal yang baik yang dapat menguntungkan banyak pihak sesuai dengan perintah.atau larangan yang harus di jalankan dan di patuhi
copper member
Activity: 383
December 18, 2017, 02:25:11 AM
Because the teachings of religion that always prioritize to always live good behavior, mutual respect and love with people of different religions can realize unity and unity and as a tool to get to world peace.the world has different state ideologies and religions, but all countries are based on mutual respect for human rights, respect each other, give priority to equality but not harm each other, avoid humiliation or blasphemy against others and not feel right, then world peace will always be created until the end of time.
Activity: 75
December 17, 2017, 11:18:30 PM
Religion consist of two words. Re- which mean again, repeat. Legion means to draw back, relegare to bring back. The function of religion is to bring people back to God.
Activity: 154
December 16, 2017, 12:27:17 AM
Activity: 42
December 15, 2017, 10:47:59 PM
Whatever you religion is, it has only one role. That is to give meaning in your life. If your religion does not make you satisfied, maybe that is not the religion you should belong.
Activity: 616
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
December 15, 2017, 08:31:36 PM
people from all over the world out of their curiosity, and wanting to know God the creator of heaven and earth lead into forming different religion and make different beliefs, views, and philosophies thus their so desire to know the truth fail. they're suppose religion ought to bring people back to God and to help and teach them to lead a decent, quite and moral lives became without sense because of politically and religiously motivated agendas.
Activity: 456
December 15, 2017, 08:09:40 PM
The function of religion to me is to guide the us people to the right path. Path where God is waiting for us to enter to His kingdom with full of happiness and eternal life.
Activity: 129
RedTube & Rasputin Party Mansion
December 15, 2017, 07:53:09 PM
Even I can agree with most of atheist points of view, it seems that the need for religion is deeply rooted in human psyche.
Any civilization in the history - from tribes to big empires - developed some kind of religion, and not only for mass manipulation.
Actually, we need to admit that "something" bigger than us exists.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
December 15, 2017, 06:09:29 PM
I personally not a religious person. But I do admit that having a religion is a good thing.
1. You have a figure to lean to unconditionally, anytime, anywhere. Even if you're close to your family and had some / many close friend. I think there will be a time for someone that they had a trouble that they wanted to tell others but can't.
2. You know there are superior being, so no matter how great your achievement is, you still have a humble heart. So you won't be too bold of a person. Being too bold is not a good thing for the person him/herself. They feel to superior to learn & hear. It's not good being too all over yoursef.
3. Being religious is good if you know because it teach you to learn about compasion / love, responsible (sin / bad deeds, good deeds), moral and to stay spirited / optimist / hopefull
4. It's also teach you how to manage your time, like you need to spend sometime to come to house of worship as a routine
5. It teach you how to manage your financial, how we saved so we can donate it in the house of worship

History has proven that religion is not a good thing or at best it's irrelevant. You would agree that 500 or 1000 years ago, we had extreme racism, homophobia, sexism and bla bla. We are getting rid of all those things not thanks to religion but science and other social/political stuff but not religion. If religion was good, we wouldn't have had any of that in the first place, ever.
Activity: 154
December 15, 2017, 07:27:45 AM
The function of religion is to serve as a guide or direction to the right way of life that God have directed his followers to Obediently Study, Observe, Obey and Follow, for the purpose of inheriting everlasting life in Heaven. Religion function to direct one faith to a savior who have die for our sins and that we believe in Him, since he has paid for all our sins. Religion function also to ensure followers of a particular religion walks according to the will of God by all its followers, it guides about how to Love God, and how to Love your Neighbor,how to  Care for the widow,the Orphans,the Needy....etc. Also how to live Holy in the sight of God,....etc. As a Christian the Religion   actually through reading the Holy books, The Holy Bible will help you to know more about Jesus Christ the Only Son of God that was Crucified, and he Died on the cross and on the Third Day He rose from the death and after staying on earth for 40 days He ascended to heaven and since then up till today He is sited at the right hand of God.And He is preparing to come and take those who believe in Him home(heaven).
Activity: 18
December 15, 2017, 06:30:11 AM
I personally not a religious person. But I do admit that having a religion is a good thing.
1. You have a figure to lean to unconditionally, anytime, anywhere. Even if you're close to your family and had some / many close friend. I think there will be a time for someone that they had a trouble that they wanted to tell others but can't.
2. You know there are superior being, so no matter how great your achievement is, you still have a humble heart. So you won't be too bold of a person. Being too bold is not a good thing for the person him/herself. They feel to superior to learn & hear. It's not good being too all over yoursef.
3. Being religious is good if you know because it teach you to learn about compasion / love, responsible (sin / bad deeds, good deeds), moral and to stay spirited / optimist / hopefull
4. It's also teach you how to manage your time, like you need to spend sometime to come to house of worship as a routine
5. It teach you how to manage your financial, how we saved so we can donate it in the house of worship
Pages:
Jump to: