Author

Topic: The future of the paper money - page 280. (Read 416566 times)

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
October 07, 2015, 11:49:03 AM
Right now, at the current state of the finance sector, I'm seeing payment systems being digitally processed. Also, money would be kept and used digitally with those imaginary numbers but still inflation and other regulations imposed by the government would still be there to control the imaginary money supply. Bitcoin could pretty much perform well in this kind of world wherein everything is done digitally.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 07, 2015, 11:12:46 AM

Yes it is true.

Most of the governments will like to control currency and want to track all the transactions who has done what to protect the system.
So as of now this is not possible in bitcoins because they can only trace the transactions but very difficult to find out who as done the transactions so paper or fiet money will be there 4 eva.

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
October 07, 2015, 10:25:34 AM
governments simply aren't interested in incorporating bitcoin. they can't deal with the fact that it is something they can't control. paper money will stay at least for another 10-20 years.

I also think that government is not interesting in incorporating Bitcoin. They are terrified by Bitcoin

These are exaggeration. Are only 8 the countries when bitcoin is banned but are to many and more many the others where it is used normally (with or without regulation). One of them is USA when it is even regulated. See all the info about this here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country
Activity: 140
October 06, 2015, 04:34:38 PM
I think we should use both - digital and paper money. There is no need to give up on paper money, but digital currencies can really make some big purchases easy, and it's also can be a good investment too. Only imagine that we would have only digital money and one day the internet collapse, so what you gonna do then.?
Activity: 140
October 06, 2015, 04:28:14 PM
governments simply aren't interested in incorporating bitcoin. they can't deal with the fact that it is something they can't control. paper money will stay at least for another 10-20 years.

I also think that government is not interesting in incorporating Bitcoin. They are terrified by Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
October 06, 2015, 03:34:48 PM
I believe that paper money will remain the main and popular mode of payment in future also. I think paper money have its own importance and will never dead. Though people are started using debit cards, credit cards and other digital currencies, there are some transaction which needs to be deal in traditional cash only. Paper money will be always the main mode of payment for day to day transactions.

Never say never. It's the surveillance states' wet dream to abolish cash.

Imho it is reasonable that cash might be replaced by digital currency once the technology has advanced to a point where creditcard-sized digital currency wallets that allow instant transactions will cost only a few dollars. Hopefully the used currency will be Bitcoin, because then the state doesn't have full control.

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
October 06, 2015, 02:49:55 PM
I believe that paper money will remain the main and popular mode of payment in future also. I think paper money have its own importance and will never dead. Though people are started using debit cards, credit cards and other digital currencies, there are some transaction which needs to be deal in traditional cash only. Paper money will be always the main mode of payment for day to day transactions.
Activity: 847
Merit: 500
October 06, 2015, 12:33:54 PM
Andrew Haldane said one solution would be for the Bank of England to issue a state-backed digital currency based on bitcoin. Supporting this initiative would be a negative interest rate levied on paper currency relative to the digital currency, with these measures do you think there is more possibilities that sometime:

Paper money will be banned entirely?
How long do you think that happens?
would it work?
What security and privacy risks would it raise?
And how would public and privately issued monies interact?

The future of the paper money might be bleak.  One reason why digital money is now being used in some countries is it helps prevent crime.

Crime with money will happen whatever the method might be. Digital currency can easily be hacked
October 06, 2015, 03:42:49 AM
Andrew Haldane said one solution would be for the Bank of England to issue a state-backed digital currency based on bitcoin. Supporting this initiative would be a negative interest rate levied on paper currency relative to the digital currency, with these measures do you think there is more possibilities that sometime:

would it work?

The future of the paper money might be bleak.  One reason why digital money is now being used in some countries is it helps prevent crime.
October 05, 2015, 10:45:48 PM

would it work?

It will be gone for good in the future.
October 05, 2015, 10:10:53 PM

would it work?

Paper money is very valuable to some people more than the face value of it but I know it wont be long now that it will be gone because of the new technology it is amazing to find out that this will always help in the future.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
October 05, 2015, 09:10:08 PM
I dont think paper money will disappear,still many people all over the world dont have acces to internet,and so many dont have bank account.Also banks have worse and worse reputation
paper will stay,cash is ok

Should be my new sig! Wink
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
October 04, 2015, 04:55:02 PM
I dont think paper money will disappear,still many people all over the world dont have acces to internet,and so many dont have bank account.Also banks have worse and worse reputation
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
October 04, 2015, 03:27:25 AM
If paper money loses its value at least I can use it for firewood lol. I think there will always be some form of paper money, but I see crypto really taking over imho. Everything is going digital I could be wrong but I see it as inevitable in a good way.
over time will add crypto money and will reduce paper money. I think the paper money will not lose its value as a whole. possibly with a margin of 50:50 in the foreseeable future is a normal and fair.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
October 04, 2015, 02:48:33 AM
Untill the people get educated about the latest technology like bitcoin, paper money will not get extinct. Some asian countries like mine Nepal have more than 40% uneducated people for them even what is economy is unknown. I think it will take more than 500 years for the extinction of paper money from the world which is also only if bitcoin technology gain popularity in future.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
October 03, 2015, 06:41:46 PM
Physical forms of money will most likely always exist in day to day circulation, whether that be paper, metal, etc. Even long after the invention of email, we still send and receive paper mail. I'd say that once you see the need for physical paper documents diminish, the same will happen to physical money. This is unlikely to happen for a very long time, in my opinion. Even bitcoin, when/if it goes mainstream, might have a widely circulated physical form. As for whether the issuance of both physical and digital currency by central banks (fiat money) will stand the test of time? That's another topic of discussion!
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
October 03, 2015, 01:11:21 AM
If paper money loses its value at least I can use it for firewood lol. I think there will always be some form of paper money, but I see crypto really taking over imho. Everything is going digital I could be wrong but I see it as inevitable in a good way.

No they cant its very funny. Paper money burns badly and too fast, so it doesnt even generate enough heat to go through winter on it.

In some places the fiat money is literally worth less than goat shit, because goat shit burns better than fiat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak1iojpiHpM
I was making a joke lol. I honestly have never literally burned my money other than fireworks. Good to know though!

No they cant its very funny. Paper money burns badly and too fast, so it doesnt even generate enough heat to go through winter on it.

In some places the fiat money is literally worth less than goat shit, because goat shit burns better than fiat:

I was making a joke lol. I honestly have never literally burned my money other than fireworks. Good to know though!

How about your gas stove or central heating? That is I guess the most literal form of burning your money nowadays Wink

With a bit of accelerant you get anything to burn. Wink

Well its probably illegal to burn money paper notes in many places, so its even much worse than goat shit because you cant even use it for heating Cheesy Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
October 02, 2015, 02:53:34 AM

How about your gas stove or central heating? That is I guess the most literal form of burning your money nowadays Wink

With a bit of accelerant you get anything to burn. Wink
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Never risk more than what you're willing to lose
October 01, 2015, 07:13:48 PM

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
October 01, 2015, 07:09:30 PM

Jump to: