Author

Topic: The future of the paper money - page 276. (Read 416566 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
November 17, 2015, 02:21:15 AM
It definitely won't survive long at all. There is no real value in the money.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
November 17, 2015, 02:16:16 AM
Paper money will stay forever.
Why? Because its easier to make than coins.

Agreed. BUT if Governments decide to end their paper format of currency Bitcoin will fill in the void of the anonymous currency.

Paying with cash is easy and anonymous...without it Bitcoin would thrive much faster.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
November 16, 2015, 09:23:17 PM
and that's why war exist ... since this process.
we can stop this on this decade with a massive adoption in a trusted network solution.
network controlled by people and not by corporation.

P2P solution have already resolve many problem in file transfer and resistance to age (freenet, emule, torrent).
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
November 16, 2015, 09:17:40 PM
the problem is not the "e-money" ... the problem is the QE associate to this.
that's why Bitcoin win at the end.

because QE don't serve people.
bitcoin serve (and save) people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joITmEr4SjY

QE is an extreme form of currency debasement. It is tough for governments to have access to easy money and resist the temptation to take it. Currency debasement has existed for centuries.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
November 16, 2015, 07:57:03 PM
the problem is not the "e-money" ... the problem is the QE associate to this.
that's why Bitcoin win at the end.

because QE don't serve people.
bitcoin serve (and save) people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joITmEr4SjY
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
November 16, 2015, 07:54:23 PM
The need for e-money is growing. Paper money is oldskool and card payments are slowly taking over. From there wireless payments will take over.

Since bitcoin can be used in both wireless and card payments, a big oppertunity has come. Give if 5 years and we will see major party's getting rid of paper money which is;
expensive to print & store
hard to protect & safeguard
just dirty
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
November 16, 2015, 07:25:03 PM
Cash will be something of the past that only old people use in isolated villages, or maybe weird hipster people (and that's if it doesn't become straight illegal). The rest of the people will be using either centralized e-fiat or Bitcoin.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
November 16, 2015, 07:20:20 PM
There will always be psyhical  shops and they need a tender, i can't see paper/coin money dissapear.. ever. What i do see is that the amount of transactions with psyhical tender will decrease till less then 1% of all transactions. That day none of us will see though.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
November 16, 2015, 04:24:04 PM
I dont even care about taxing it, they could create a legal tender cryptocurrency that would have transaction tax implemented in it, and that would be it.

I am a big proponent of transaction tax, only, and this TX tax would replace all other taxes (income,VAT, property,tariffs,etc.)

A constant 1% tax on every transaction would be a fair tax, and no other taxes. It would be hardcoded into the protocol and the genesis address would be owned by the government.

This would keep politicians happy, and would be significantly better than a 30% income tax. But bitcoin would serve as a tax free commodity to hold your reserve in Smiley

1% tax hard coded into the protocol? I do not think we get that consensus all over the world, even though I think unified tax is better.
It will surely not be a consensus about the 1% of tax. In the EU, countries started to use the TX tax, the rate is totally different. Just an example: somewhere the bank transfer and the cash withdrawal uses different rate, only POS purchase at a merchant is free from transaction tax.
They implemented this tax paralell with the other taxes that were already in use, and they didn't decreased any of the taxes.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
October 27, 2015, 02:21:58 PM
As for me there is no future in paper money,cause you can`t keep $10k in you pocket.But with btc,you won`t have any troubles.

One hundred years ago, you could not keep $100 in your pocket. Today, you can easily keep $1k in your pocket. In 10 years, you can keep $10 in your pocket easily. Bitcoin is futuristic, You can keep numerious bitcoin in your pocket. It beats all the currencies.

You can keep a billion $ worth of bitcoins in your pocket if its encrypted, and nobody knows its there, because they might try to force you to reveal your password.

It's not the pickpocketing thats the big danger but the extortionists robbers.

Or the government trying to tax the last bit out of your pocket. Everything goes to government eventually.

how can they know about your treasure? the only way is if you convert a portion

then they can ask you if you have more, another way is if you buy somethign every expensive in bitcoin

if you buy small thing here and ther,e there is no way they can ever know about it

True, but what is the point of being a millionaire if you can only buy small things with them?
Imagine that in 10 years, your bitcoin stack is worth a million dollars. Will you really just use it to buy a new computer or new shoes or something?
If you can't use it to buy big things and invest, you aren't really rich. Unfortunately, I don't see any other ways around this but getting taxed. So if your Bitcoins are worth a million, after taxes I have no idea how much they will be.. I assume a lot less. But you will be able to buy a house and rent it, or invest it in something else that gives you more money back. You can't do this with untaxed Bitcoin..

Yes, if my bitcoins or one bitcoin worth one million dollars means I will not work any more. From the bank interest or from lending money I can make a decent living in my country. But I need to take care of taxes which may not allow one million completely with my bitcoin earnings.
Activity: 37
October 27, 2015, 01:59:28 PM
I dont even care about taxing it, they could create a legal tender cryptocurrency that would have transaction tax implemented in it, and that would be it.

I am a big proponent of transaction tax, only, and this TX tax would replace all other taxes (income,VAT, property,tariffs,etc.)

A constant 1% tax on every transaction would be a fair tax, and no other taxes. It would be hardcoded into the protocol and the genesis address would be owned by the government.

This would keep politicians happy, and would be significantly better than a 30% income tax. But bitcoin would serve as a tax free commodity to hold your reserve in Smiley

1% tax hard coded into the protocol? I do not think we get that consensus all over the world, even though I think unified tax is better.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
October 27, 2015, 12:03:58 PM
As for me there is no future in paper money,cause you can`t keep $10k in you pocket.But with btc,you won`t have any troubles.

One hundred years ago, you could not keep $100 in your pocket. Today, you can easily keep $1k in your pocket. In 10 years, you can keep $10 in your pocket easily. Bitcoin is futuristic, You can keep numerious bitcoin in your pocket. It beats all the currencies.

You can keep a billion $ worth of bitcoins in your pocket if its encrypted, and nobody knows its there, because they might try to force you to reveal your password.

Or the government trying to tax the last bit out of your pocket. Everything goes to government eventually.

then they can ask you if you have more, another way is if you buy somethign every expensive in bitcoin

if you buy small thing here and ther,e there is no way they can ever know about it

True, but what is the point of being a millionaire if you can only buy small things with them?
Imagine that in 10 years, your bitcoin stack is worth a million dollars. Will you really just use it to buy a new computer or new shoes or something?
If you can't use it to buy big things and invest, you aren't really rich. Unfortunately, I don't see any other ways around this but getting taxed. So if your Bitcoins are worth a million, after taxes I have no idea how much they will be.. I assume a lot less. But you will be able to buy a house and rent it, or invest it in something else that gives you more money back. You can't do this with untaxed Bitcoin..
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
October 27, 2015, 10:46:20 AM

So, that's why government trying move to cashless money.
So, everyone will keep their money in bank & government will have full control over citizens money.

That's why we don't need paper or coin money & fiat, bitcoin is the only solution.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
October 27, 2015, 11:03:21 AM

then they can ask you if you have more, another way is if you buy something very expensive in bitcoin

October 27, 2015, 10:15:03 AM

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
October 27, 2015, 08:19:28 AM

October 27, 2015, 05:31:56 AM

Activity: 770
October 27, 2015, 04:10:23 AM
because digital currency is decentralized, the government can get their hands controlling it which makes them quite useless while paper money are easy to track, totally backed by the government so they can do what they want with it: printing, holding, tracking,... If the government decides to incorporate with digital currency, there will be nothing good as they will try to alter it and control it. Furthermore, they still don't really love bitcoin so why the hell do they want to create one and use it? So paper money are still going to be the trend for a while
Activity: 658
October 26, 2015, 10:50:10 AM
In your lifetime paper money will exist, there are many countries in the world, where people using mainly only paper money  Wink
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
October 26, 2015, 10:16:07 AM
Paper money will dissapear over time naturally, but the central banks/govs will still issue whatever currency as they wont want to give all the power and control away. It would be great if bitcoin overtook fiat currencies naturally and people just gradually moved over to that and refused to use any state backed currency.
Jump to: