Pages:
Author

Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin? - page 28. (Read 83082 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
I think the bitcoin will be very good but of course this can not be predicted, we just need to see if it will be profitable.
There is a big chance that it will but we will see!

The halving will be very good if we have to believe the speculators these days, also the fact that the number of users is increasing makes it for me clear that the bitcoin is gonna rise for rise.

the current market is full of investors looking to make quick bucks due to the block halving. that interesting is it. i just hope they don't leave after the block halving when the price is stabilizing somewhere this year. beside that, where do you see that the number of users is increasing? here on this forum you are talking about?
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
I think the bitcoin will be very good but of course this can not be predicted, we just need to see if it will be profitable.

The halving will be very good if we have to believe the speculators these days, also the fact that the number of users is increasing makes it for me clear that the bitcoin is gonna rise for rise.

if the effect halving for prices are good, it could make the increase. but I think for the miners probably was not so good, because it would reduce the supply distribution Bitcoin
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Activity: 364
I think The halving is good for bitcoin, it's make the price of bitcoin become expensive and increase. It's attract more people to use bitcoin and bitcoin become popular.

I have complete faith in bitcoin; ever since I discovered bitcoin in 2012; I’ve made every online transaction using only bitcoin, and now I’m investing in bitcoin, waiting for the halving to come. and halving will be the best for the bitcoins this year and i think we are all waiting for this big event. Lets keep  your eyes crossed.

That is really hard to know and that is because there are still a lot of people that is thinking that the halving will be not that best and that is bad.
Because you already can see now that the value of Bitcoin has started so that is really nice.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting
actually for me it is good for bitcoin to controll the distribution of the supply , and for the price of bitcoin also it will be good for all of us if we have stocked or saved our bitcoin .  Grin

The halving would be good for bitcoins value if it make a sudden rise but if it will have a slight rise of value still it will be good at least there will be a slight profit coming out from our stocked investments. But how can we expand if we hoard bitcoin?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Every halving gives bitcoin a good price ..so the answer is yes  every halving that takes place bitcoin price goes up.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
actually for me it is good for bitcoin to controll the distribution of the supply , and for the price of bitcoin also it will be good for all of us if we have stocked or saved our bitcoin .  Grin
Activity: 336
The halving make earning Bitcoins harder so you could say that it is bad for Bitcoin. If it brings the price down then that could be good fro the people who want to buy Bitcoins for cheap.
Activity: 602
I think The halving is good for bitcoin, it's make the price of bitcoin become expensive and increase. It's attract more people to use bitcoin and bitcoin become popular.

I have complete faith in bitcoin; ever since I discovered bitcoin in 2012; I’ve made every online transaction using only bitcoin, and now I’m investing in bitcoin, waiting for the halving to come. and halving will be the best for the bitcoins this year and i think we are all waiting for this big event. Lets keep  your eyes crossed.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Hi everyone,could somebody explain me a little bit about what is halving and basics of halving? Cheers!

There are two problems that needed to be solved when bitcoin was introduced.

1.  There needed to be an incentive to mine.
2.  There need to be bitcoins.

A large mining reward solved both of these problems, but there is a 3rd problem as well.  People need to pay the cost of submitting a transaction or else there are freeloaders.

Halving the block reward at intervals puts pressure for miners to take transactions that pay the fee in preference to the freeloaders.  Ultimately, the only incentive to mine will be the fee, when the block reward has diminished to zero.

nice and clear explanation...I think that we can say goodbye to free fee txs Wink from the next halving
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
Hi everyone,could somebody explain me a little bit about what is halving and basics of halving? Cheers!

There are two problems that needed to be solved when bitcoin was introduced.

1.  There needed to be an incentive to mine.
2.  There need to be bitcoins.

A large mining reward solved both of these problems, but there is a 3rd problem as well.  People need to pay the cost of submitting a transaction or else there are freeloaders.

Halving the block reward at intervals puts pressure for miners to take transactions that pay the fee in preference to the freeloaders.  Ultimately, the only incentive to mine will be the fee, when the block reward has diminished to zero.

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
the halving is not good or bad... it's simply "natural" !
Satoshi has already plan all aspects
Activity: 658
The halving will affect the bitcoin price in short term.

you are wrong, the effect of halving will make bitcoin prices in the long term, until the end of the year, even in 2017 will continue to feel the rise in prices of halving
Yes ,it is the effect of halving is both have good effect in short and in long term term also the bad side of it.the good things is price is getting higher and higher everyday and expecting more the effect until december.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
The result is out. As you can see the halving soared the bitcoin price to $570+.

Take example of a normal demand supply chain. Halving means decreased mining rewards (decreased supply) but the demand is going stronger day by day. So the end result is increase in price. And that is what exactly happened.
Activity: 476
U will never know the true answer, before you try

you are wrong, the effect of halving will make bitcoin prices in the long term, until the end of the year, even in 2017 will continue to feel the rise in prices of halving
Activity: 714
I am surprised, that you are Full member and you don't know about the halving?
You know halving is now on our head, and everyone is talking and asking about it, and most of the threads are here, where people are talking about the halving, also here in this topic, you can read it and you know well about it. its really guide you.     

Thanks,your answer helped me alot! Cheers
Activity: 588
I am surprised, that you are Full member and you don't know about the halving?
You know halving is now on our head, and everyone is talking and asking about it, and most of the threads are here, where people are talking about the halving, also here in this topic, you can read it and you know well about it. its really guide you.     
Activity: 714
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

I don't think so.
The less coins can enter the market due to the block reward getting cut in half each 210000 blocks, the more the coins will rise in value if demand stays the same or keeps moving upwards.Therefore it's a long term effect.

I think he was referring to a positive affectation, Agree, ie will have a price increase and effectively due to the drastic reduction of the block reward the prices will keep moving upwards.
Pages:
Jump to: