Pages:
Author

Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin? - page 56. (Read 83082 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
February 07, 2016, 11:21:46 AM
I think this is good news. because of the presence of halving block will make the deployment of bitcoin is limited. bitcoin currency will be very valuable because it will not be produced again.

Halving will be good for bitcoins, but the only thing to worry is that the price should not fall down after halving or else people would start loosing trust in bitcoins and that would surely affect the future of bitcoins.

The price could go up suddenly because the supply will drop drastically.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
February 07, 2016, 11:04:39 AM
I think this is good news. because of the presence of halving block will make the deployment of bitcoin is limited. bitcoin currency will be very valuable because it will not be produced again.

Halving will be good for bitcoins, but the only thing to worry is that the price should not fall down after halving or else people would start loosing trust in bitcoins and that would surely affect the future of bitcoins.

Price fell down even when previous halving took place, price fell down when it reached $1k, did people lose trust in bitcoins yet???
Halving will have a tremendous effect on Bitcoin's price, but not on people's trust...
Activity: 896
Merit: 115
February 07, 2016, 09:33:23 AM

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
February 07, 2016, 08:15:26 AM

it is not a news...it was known since the first day of bitcoin life...
It is why it will not change the bitcoin price much,because it is not a news.
I say this "good news" and not "news", you try to watch back what I said. This is the "good news". Wink
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
February 07, 2016, 07:12:47 AM

it is not a news...it was known since the first day of bitcoin life...
It is why it will not change the bitcoin price much,because it is not a news.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
February 07, 2016, 06:58:01 AM
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
February 07, 2016, 06:55:40 AM
I would say let's see what will happen. We see arguments on both sides why the price will rise and why not.
In the end we all will have to wait what will happen.WIll be very interesting to see how people will react if either one or the other happens. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
February 07, 2016, 06:46:21 AM
This year halving won't have a serious impact on the price of bitcoin. These days the price is increasing and dropping based on the market situation. i think even after or on halving also the same scenario can be observed.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
February 07, 2016, 06:19:49 AM
Everyone expecting a big rise in the price of a bitcoin after the halving should take a good look at the recent Litecoin halving. The price dropped from the pre-halving bubble high of about $6 down to $3 just before the halving, and 6 months later it is still $3.

Wow thanks for that data. I was not aware as I don't follow news about lite coin.

This is exactly my opinion! Everyone expects a huge rise after halving but there was already a rise! Few weeks (two or three months) before the price was at 280$ so it's already a 100$ increase!

Not sure the price will increase after the halving, for me the price will decrease. Everyone is holding their coins waiting for the halving to dump!
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
February 07, 2016, 04:33:33 AM
Everyone expecting a big rise in the price of a bitcoin after the halving should take a good look at the recent Litecoin halving. The price dropped from the pre-halving bubble high of about $6 down to $3 just before the halving, and 6 months later it is still $3.

again with this no-sense argument, litecoin halving is different it went from 50 to 25, not from 25 to 12.5, so miners have still an overkill profit with litecoin, that's why the pump is not needed, it was an overkill

and anyway the pump happened before, so it's true that at each halving you get at least one big pump, also litecoin is a bit of a doomed coin, not accepted in any store like bitcoin...
February 06, 2016, 05:21:13 PM
Normally a halving is good, since it can increase the price of bitcoin.
But these days it's hard to say what will happen. It won't surprise me if the price will stay the same.

I find it hard to believe the price will stay at sub $400 levels when we are seeing the block halving being completed. By that time we'll most likely see a price of above the $500 price level. If it indeed turns out that the price is staying below $400 by that time, then a lot people will get disappointed for sure.

Exactly, it should atleast cross $500 mark after halving but in case if gets stable at $400 then lots of people would start loosing their faith in bitcoins, and would surely sell all their coins.

Which means the halving is a risk for bitcoin, cause if everyone starts selling there coin, it gonna drop the price too.

I'm really afraid of the snowball effect, as EVERYONE is holding their coins for the halving... What will happen? If everyone wants to sell just after the halving to profit the price rise, well the price isn't going to rise. At all. It'll even drop at the risk of fucking up the btc.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
February 06, 2016, 05:19:00 PM
the halving is interesting for the bitcoin but unintersting for the miners...

price of bitcoin will then go a little up
mining difficulty will go a little down...because less miners.
many miners will give up because cost for mining will be higher than income.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
February 06, 2016, 05:05:13 PM
But these days it's hard to say what will happen. It won't surprise me if the price will stay the same.

I find it hard to believe the price will stay at sub $400 levels when we are seeing the block halving being completed. By that time we'll most likely see a price of above the $500 price level. If it indeed turns out that the price is staying below $400 by that time, then a lot people will get disappointed for sure.

Exactly, it should atleast cross $500 mark after halving but in case if gets stable at $400 then lots of people would start loosing their faith in bitcoins, and would surely sell all their coins.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
February 06, 2016, 05:01:07 PM

Activity: 350
February 06, 2016, 04:35:46 PM
February 06, 2016, 04:02:36 PM
I am not sure whether it is good for Bitcoin, but it is good for me, because I make money.

I dont mine btc so im think is goid but for minners think its bad they will use same aount of electricity and will receieve less coins

I am quite sure that the mining farms will keep mining as they will make profit even when the price doesn't go up. If the price does go up, then it's just an extra bonus for them. Also, the Chinese exchanges Huobi and OKCoin are definitely up to something. If the price doesn't go up as much from the genuine demand, then these exchanges will come through with a "helping hand". And other exchanges will follow China as usual.

Think so? I heard that before halving if price goes below 300 dollars miners will start loosing money!

So if their earnings is cut in half, I'd say that there MUST be a price increase else they'll lose money no?

Price will surely increase after halving that is for sure and that is the reason many of us are holding their bitcoins and waiting for halving so that they can sell their bitcoins when the value of bitcoins is higher.

Hmm... your answer is a reasoning showing not a rise but a lower price.

If everyone is holding before halving (and I think it's the case) then they'll all sell after the halving. So the price will drop.

Call me a fool but I bet the price will significantly rise before the halving, then decrease just after!
Activity: 196
February 06, 2016, 03:50:32 PM
I am not sure whether it is good for Bitcoin, but it is good for me, because I make money.

I dont mine btc so im think is goid but for minners think its bad they will use same aount of electricity and will receieve less coins

I am quite sure that the mining farms will keep mining as they will make profit even when the price doesn't go up. If the price does go up, then it's just an extra bonus for them. Also, the Chinese exchanges Huobi and OKCoin are definitely up to something. If the price doesn't go up as much from the genuine demand, then these exchanges will come through with a "helping hand". And other exchanges will follow China as usual.

Think so? I heard that before halving if price goes below 300 dollars miners will start loosing money!

So if their earnings is cut in half, I'd say that there MUST be a price increase else they'll lose money no?

Price will surely increase after halving that is for sure and that is the reason many of us are holding their bitcoins and waiting for halving so that they can sell their bitcoins when the value of bitcoins is higher.
February 06, 2016, 11:46:45 AM

Activity: 196
February 06, 2016, 11:38:56 AM
It is definitely good for the people that have invested in Bitcoin, but it is bad for miners.

Yeah, halving is good for the people who have invested their money in recent past as after halving the price would be much higher, so that they can make some money out of it, if halving will have positive effects then it  would benefit many of us.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 306
February 06, 2016, 11:27:31 AM

The big mining farm will keep on mining as their electricity price will be lower than most people. They planned well before building the farms.
Pages:
Jump to: