Pages:
Author

Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin? - page 60. (Read 83082 times)

legendary
Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008
northern exposure
January 08, 2016, 10:59:28 AM
The halving will be really good for bitcoin, will be a really important step and we will see how the price value will be increased, HW company miners are aware about it and they didn't stop by releasing more and more HW, why?

The price will raise and it will equilibrate the economy of the bitcoin, at least IMHO, in the end, what is expected, will happen.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 08, 2016, 10:43:01 AM
TThe halving could be a positive thing or a negative thing to bitcoin because it make maners mine less and it could also increase the value of bitcoin
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
January 08, 2016, 10:39:42 AM
I think it will be good for bitcoin, halving will happen and a lot of people here, including myself think that bitcoin will reach a new ATH.
It will get harder and harder for the miners to keep mining more bitcoins, I hope things will go smoothly for them and that they will make profits as well, besides those transaction fees.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
January 08, 2016, 12:50:18 AM
The halving is good because it was part of the design. 

The coins also become more rare so that is good also. 

Fees may increase but that is to be expected.

All good by my standards.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
January 08, 2016, 12:38:14 AM
As the title says, is the halving good or bad for the price of bitcoin?

The halving will decrease the supply of bitcoin, whole keeping the demand, so that would make bitcoin worth more.

But the halving will make mining profitibilty worse, meaning less miners, a higher trans. fee, and maybe causing a smaller demand.

What's your verdict?

I think bitcoin will still go up, as the fees might, let's say, double, but that's still a smaller transaction fee than through the banks...
New ATH cause of halving
Activity: 532
January 07, 2016, 09:54:42 PM
bad for the miners, this time the reward for the mining is fewer, many miners are out and switched professions
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
January 07, 2016, 07:55:00 PM
Like you said, bitcoin price will keep going up and the fees will probably double, which I can understand.

Even if the fees goes up, it will still be cheaper than a bank transaction. The miners have to make some money somehow, I think this will be their only option.
I would be wary about increasing fees. Bitcoin could be potentially the best way to manage microtransactions - a killer app for that segment of market.
Increasing fees - even a tiny bit will kill idea of micro payments, kill faucets and micro tipping. Bitcoin will be almost the same as PayPal - looking at the fee level.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
January 07, 2016, 04:05:22 PM
Good for the price and for Bitcoin itself. We could use some price jump to at least half of the ATH ($550). If you still haven't got any coins you may call it bad  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
January 07, 2016, 03:39:05 PM
These days i was thinking that halving is good for the bitcoin community but it is not good for the bitcoin collector because the price will be increased when the supply is being decreased every 4 years.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
January 07, 2016, 03:27:21 PM
I think the halving would be good for the value of bitcoin, bad for the miners out there. I think some might quit once it gets harder and harder to mine bitcoins.
They are most likely depended on the fees, which is not much at all. I wonder if it would be worth it for them to keep on going.

Miners won't stop mining just because of the halving. The price that will go up will compensate the lower block rewards. If we go up to $600-$700 around the halving, then miners will definitely not stop their hardware. They will be more than happy to mine.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
January 07, 2016, 01:06:07 PM
it depends, if the amount is reduced maybe it would be good news for bitcoin, because it may increase the price of bitcoin, whereas if it is for a reduction in price, then it is bad news
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
January 07, 2016, 12:34:23 PM
Good. That was the way it is designed to be. Limited in quantity. I think the price will also rise so it will also be positive in the value-way for Bitcoin.
Activity: 434
January 07, 2016, 11:19:32 AM
I think the halving would be good for the value of bitcoin, bad for the miners out there. I think some might quit once it gets harder and harder to mine bitcoins.
They are most likely depended on the fees, which is not much at all. I wonder if it would be worth it for them to keep on going.
Activity: 672
January 07, 2016, 11:06:58 AM
Off course Halving is very good for Bitcoin.It will help the price to be more higher and stable.After what the process of halving will be done the minimum price should be somewhat at around $ 500.There are just good things ahead relating to halving.
Activity: 448
January 07, 2016, 10:52:17 AM
Like you said, bitcoin price will keep going up and the fees will probably double, which I can understand.

Even if the fees goes up, it will still be cheaper than a bank transaction. The miners have to make some money somehow, I think this will be their only option.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
January 07, 2016, 07:41:46 AM
It keeps inflation in check and slows the rate of growth but provides less incentive to mine so investors,traders and the like might see it as positive while some miners may have a more negative opinion
Activity: 159
Merit: 102
January 07, 2016, 07:32:25 AM
Even after the halving the miners will continue as they will get huge rewards. Halving is a protocol of bitcoin, it is good for bitcoin ecosystem to stay intact.
actually the miners will get less reward but the value of what they make increases in my opinion

The difficulty has risen a lot recently. If the price does not rise after the halving, some miners will make a loss.
Activity: 770
November 27, 2015, 09:44:31 AM
Even after the halving the miners will continue as they will get huge rewards. Halving is a protocol of bitcoin, it is good for bitcoin ecosystem to stay intact.
actually the miners will get less reward but the value of what they make increases in my opinion

Yes. I hope so. But the halving will have much less effect in the future when the reward is small any way.
when the halving lowers the reward to zero, all miners will live depend on fee and it is still profitable in my opinion
Activity: 1022
Merit: 306
November 27, 2015, 05:13:02 AM

Yes. I hope so. But the halving will have much less effect in the future when the reward is small any way.
Activity: 770
November 26, 2015, 09:13:29 AM
Pages:
Jump to: