Pages:
Author

Topic: The Halving - Good or Bad for Bitcoin? - page 51. (Read 83082 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
March 22, 2016, 01:02:28 PM
I don't know about bitcoin but i know that the halving is bad for miners. Miners are first who welcome to deny halving. But halving is good for traders and people who holding coins for price increase i think.

if the price goes up high enough after the block rewards have been decreased to 12.5btc, then the miners won't complain at all. if the price stays at current price level, then still the large mining farms can make profit. it will be the smaller miners that will feel the pain if the price doesn't go up much. these miners will most likely leave temporarily. they will come back once the price goes up again.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
March 22, 2016, 12:55:26 PM
About bitcoin's growth or price jump on halving can't be predicted exactly. We can make rough predictions. Only time give us the answer. Lets hope for the best.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
March 22, 2016, 05:20:52 AM
That is really hard to say but we are all hoping that Bitcoin will be more worth and that can be very good. I hope that more people will have Bitcoin.
But you never know what can happen with the value after the halving. But I think personally that it will not rise that much after that.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
March 21, 2016, 05:09:15 PM
The halving is part of bitcoins since the begining ,if the miners liked it no ,for sure no.But the halving is a tool that makes bitcoin get a pression to make the price gets bigger soo its a usefull tool ,this halving should make the price jump to 600 dollars atleast till end of the year.Without the halving i believe we would be at 300 dollars or 400 end year.
Activity: 588
March 21, 2016, 02:03:47 PM
I don't know about bitcoin but i know that the halving is bad for miners. Miners are first who welcome to deny halving. But halving is good for traders and people who holding coins for price increase i think.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
March 21, 2016, 12:36:06 PM
It is impossible to answer this question.
In fact this question is too evasive...
Good or bad for what?
Good or bad for who?

I believe it is not good and not bad for bitcoin...it is just...(lol) ...what people want and believe.

Activity: 994
Merit: 500
March 21, 2016, 11:48:48 AM
In my opinion the halving for the bitcoin is very good because of this many people step in the bitcoin itself.
They are investing in it because they are believing the bitcoin is profitable and its true bit you will need some patience.
Its all a matter of time, the halving will be good and let the price rise for sure.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
March 21, 2016, 11:40:29 AM
Everyone is very hyped, I think it's a very safe bet to go and buy a lot of Bitcoin now and expect it to go higher in the next 2 months. I think the pump will not be right at the halving day, it will be 3 or 4 days before or after. How high? no one knows, sky is the limit in a tiny 6 billion marketcap asset like Bitcoin is now.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
March 21, 2016, 11:32:04 AM
That is hard to say, because you never know what will happen with the value later and that is the problem.
It is a currency so you never know what will happen and that can be quite risky. But I think it will not rise after the halving.

I too feel the same the price will give a big jump on halving. After the halving the price won't continue to increase. We can make speculations but we can't exactly fix what would happen on halving.

For us small timer in using bitcoin we can only speculate things but for the whales and chinese miners they already have a plan and they know what will happen to the price of bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
March 21, 2016, 11:26:49 AM
That is hard to say, because you never know what will happen with the value later and that is the problem.
It is a currency so you never know what will happen and that can be quite risky. But I think it will not rise after the halving.

I too feel the same the price will give a big jump on halving. After the halving the price won't continue to increase. We can make speculations but we can't exactly fix what would happen on halving.
Activity: 406
March 21, 2016, 05:42:58 AM
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
March 21, 2016, 03:19:08 AM
The halving will be good for bitcoin as it is part of its system to increase its value every halving.
Halving brings less and less bitcoin in every mine so the supply will be less each passing halve.

only the mining supply will be elss the bitcoin supply will keep growing, this is a common misconception about the halving

I agree with you, but I feel that "mining supply" is a poor term and "production" is better. In the case of bitcoin, "production" is the rate of change in the supply and that is what is halved, not the supply itself.

Depending on the context, "supply" means the number of bitcoins for sale at any particular price, or the total number of bitcoins. Since there is no difference between recently mined bitcoins and all the rest of the bitcoins, "mining supply" is misleading, and I think that using the term "supply" this way confuses people.

how can we call this? i think mined supply it's correct, it's the amount of coin produced per day, we can call it "new coin produced supply", but sound redundant and too long
Activity: 406
March 20, 2016, 03:30:32 PM
I don't really know good it or bad for bitcoin but i know that it's so bad for miners. A lot of miners will be out of game after halving. Still want to know what price will be after halving.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
March 20, 2016, 02:59:12 PM
The halving will be good for bitcoin as it is part of its system to increase its value every halving.
Halving brings less and less bitcoin in every mine so the supply will be less each passing halve.

only the mining supply will be less, the bitcoin supply will keep growing, this is a common misconception about the halving
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
March 20, 2016, 12:37:57 PM
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
March 20, 2016, 12:37:16 PM
As the title says, is the halving good or bad for the price of bitcoin?

The halving will decrease the supply of bitcoin, whole keeping the demand, so that would make bitcoin worth more.

But the halving will make mining profitibilty worse, meaning less miners, a higher trans. fee, and maybe causing a smaller demand.

What's your verdict?

I think bitcoin will still go up, as the fees might, let's say, double, but that's still a smaller transaction fee than through the banks...
i think the halving will give good effect for bitcoin,no more mistake like big fee or dlaying transaction so long,and bitcoin halving also will good for bitcoin price,bu i can make sure how much the price gonna rise.

Bitcoin halving will give good price increase as said by above mate. In future due to the advancement in internet connections the transactions and confirmation s will be made quick than now.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
March 20, 2016, 12:30:16 PM
As the title says, is the halving good or bad for the price of bitcoin?

The halving will decrease the supply of bitcoin, whole keeping the demand, so that would make bitcoin worth more.

But the halving will make mining profitibilty worse, meaning less miners, a higher trans. fee, and maybe causing a smaller demand.

What's your verdict?

I think bitcoin will still go up, as the fees might, let's say, double, but that's still a smaller transaction fee than through the banks...
i think the halving will give good effect for bitcoin,no more mistake like big fee or dlaying transaction so long,and bitcoin halving also will good for bitcoin price,bu i can make sure how much the price gonna rise.
Activity: 434
Young but I'm not that bold
March 02, 2016, 02:10:17 PM
I think halving is important for the life of bitcoin to keep the block mining reward for the longest period of time, without halving, all 21million btc would be mined in few years only.
About the halving affect on mining, if the price did not rise, their profit will decline but they will not stop mining
Activity: 378
March 02, 2016, 01:55:08 PM
i guess it gonne be hard for miners. but therem will also be a big price increase.. i hope  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
March 02, 2016, 12:36:16 PM
For miners i think it is good for miners also with us it is bad news also for other compitators.
Halving ended is the best for those who waiting to mine to be profitable also for those who waiting for the price increase to sell their bitcoins after halving..
Pages:
Jump to: