Pages:
Author

Topic: The kill/trade game - page 4. (Read 9259 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I am Citizenfive.
May 21, 2013, 11:40:49 PM
Poor camel, if you get matched with me I'll give you a free kill.

and yes viscera..  It's a trap!  Smiley

Yeah... At this point Ekaros is down x3 in the ethical trades counter. The Alliance will issue an official statement soon but really, the biggest value the Alliance offers is, it tracks historical data regarding ethical trades and posts a recommendation. The rules of the Alliance and the data it uses is all public knowledge, it's just compiled in one, easy-to-access place, requiring zero legwork by the reader unless the reader wishes to verify the calculations. There is no secret sauce... It is somewhat analogous to an open-source police force.  
Activity: 308
decentralizedhashing.com
May 21, 2013, 09:59:23 PM
Poor camel, if you get matched with me I'll give you a free kill.

and yes viscera..  It's a trap!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
May 21, 2013, 08:29:38 PM
You know, you two, (wdmw, FenixRD) I'm still waiting on your round 4 responses.

Shit sorry... got so carried away with delusions of Alliance grandeur I forgot to send a PM Wink

Sending now.

You know, I'm getting your PMs way after I make my pick. I'm already planning my moves two or three ahead, so I vote on my position almost right away. So, um, just saying to take you down a peg.

Lol. Easy big fella. I like you. You have ethics (even if you experiment counter to them) and you have a lot more time on this forum than I do. My comment regarding "delusions of Alliance grandeur" was meant to be self-deprecating. I don't take myself very seriously, so, I'd request that you consider doing the same! (Regarding me. Don't take ME seriously. Take yourself as seriously as you wish.)

Don't take me seriously either. There was supposed to be a  Wink after the "peg."
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
May 21, 2013, 08:07:06 PM
Are you a game theorist by any chance?

This sounds alot like the prisoners dilemma, albeit with a small reward for a draw
This is indeed an iterated prisoner's dilemma. I want to try some variations, mess with the rules a little bit, later.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
May 21, 2013, 07:24:39 PM
Are you a game theorist by any chance?

This sounds alot like the prisoners dilemma, albeit with a small reward for a draw
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
May 21, 2013, 07:23:24 PM
Its a trap!
Activity: 728
May 21, 2013, 09:57:49 AM
ok, I've PM'd for round 5... match me up... though I don't expect it's possible to catch up from here... unless it's weighted somehow

I promise to trade with you in first round, let's have a deal.
May 21, 2013, 09:53:45 AM
Round Four:
Players: 8
Maximum societal points: 64
Maximum individual points: 12

0 Rassah <--> Foxpup 3
Trade
Kill

2 Elwar <--> Cameltoemcgee 2
Trade
trade! Smiley

2 FCTaiChi <--> FenixRD 2
trade
Trading with FCTaiChi.

1 wdmw <--> Ekaros 1 (sorry, killing twice doesn't get double points)
Kill...
Kill, I fear him!
(Apparently, since you tried to kill him twice)
Kill

Societal total points: 56
Point totals:
Foxpup: 9
FCTaiChi: 8
Elwar: 8
wdmw: 8
Ekaros: 7
FenixRD: 6
Rassah: 6
Cameltoemcgee: 4

Round 5 Roster:
Viscera <--> Ekaros
wdmw <--> Elwar
Cameltoemcgee <--> myrkul
Foxpup <--> FenixRD
FCTaiChi <--> Rassah

Have fun!
May 21, 2013, 09:19:47 AM
I'm matched up with Ekaros.  Is he on the naughty list?

Not sure, you might be...

Let's just trade  Grin
May 21, 2013, 09:14:55 AM
I suppose you could check yourself, but FenixRD has thoughtfully counted things up for you:

So, in order to "pay off the marker" on you [Ekaros] (you personally, based on your current "ethics balance"), you must allow your partner to choose Kill whilst you choose Trade, TWICE. Once this occurs, you will be eligible for the same protections the alliance offers to its members, should you so choose.
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
May 21, 2013, 09:07:51 AM
I am Citizenfive.
May 21, 2013, 07:03:25 AM
ok, I've PM'd for round 5... match me up... though I don't expect it's possible to catch up from here... unless it's weighted somehow

Yeah don't sweat it. If you wanted you could correct for missing rounds by calculating points as a % maximum available to you. As an example, I did not play round 1; Myrkul did. Likewise with you joining he will again play until we have an even number of players again.
I am Citizenfive.
May 21, 2013, 06:59:10 AM
I'm in for "lulz", so I might switch to coin flips at somepoint too Grin

who's to say some of our global leaders don't do that nowadays.. I sometimes wonder..

It is curious.

BTW, it is funny to be catching flak for promoting an ethical Alliance, which has zero greater benefit to me than to anyone else who participates. Feels a bit like tall poppy syndrome. This is doubly ironic because I did not even start the Alliance... I was just the chosen mouthpiece lol. The founder is only lurking! (Presumably he (she?) may join after watching who plays how? Idk.)
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Now they are thinking what to do with me
May 21, 2013, 06:25:09 AM

who's to say some of our global leaders don't do that nowadays.. I sometimes wonder..
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
May 21, 2013, 03:48:37 AM
though I don't expect it's possible to catch up from here... unless it's weighted somehow

The object isn't to get the most points, just as many as you can.
Activity: 660
May 21, 2013, 01:48:47 AM
May 21, 2013, 12:57:08 AM
At the end of the day, it's just a game.

Some people's idea of fun in games is doing the wrong thing and seeing if you can get ahead.
Some people like to imagine themselves at the head of a grand alliance.

It's all good fun. 

Yeah, the alliance is all grand, but don't I end up in same spot if I identify those following the principles and do right thing with those. Though I do lose some in kill-kill matches... So basicly on should only pick up justfied killings and go on in at it when ends come near. If it was know...

Merit: 253
May 21, 2013, 12:48:26 AM
At the end of the day, it's just a game.

Some people's idea of fun in games is doing the wrong thing and seeing if you can get ahead.
Some people like to imagine themselves at the head of a grand alliance.

It's all good fun. 
I am Citizenfive.
May 21, 2013, 12:19:06 AM

Shit sorry... got so carried away with delusions of Alliance grandeur I forgot to send a PM Wink

Sending now.

You know, I'm getting your PMs way after I make my pick. I'm already planning my moves two or three ahead, so I vote on my position almost right away. So, um, just saying to take you down a peg.

Lol. Easy big fella. I like you. You have ethics (even if you experiment counter to them) and you have a lot more time on this forum than I do. My comment regarding "delusions of Alliance grandeur" was meant to be self-deprecating. I don't take myself very seriously, so, I'd request that you consider doing the same! (Regarding me. Don't take ME seriously. Take yourself as seriously as you wish.)
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
May 20, 2013, 11:54:24 PM

Sending now.

Pages:
Jump to: