Pages:
Author

Topic: The legends of bitcointalk should make our own altcoin together, thoughts? - page 9. (Read 9221 times)

legendary
Activity: 1139
Merit: 1000
TRUSTplus Dev
i think they already releasing scam coins daily anyways

What if the coin could only be mined one-to-one with a BTC ??  Problem with these new AltCoins is they are backed by a promise and very little asset.
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
i think they already releasing scam coins daily anyways
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
I think one of the things holding back so many long-termers getting together is the fact that all the ones really capable are already working on different Coins and do not want to abandon their own projects or create new projects in which would further dilute the investment base.

^^^ This and also probably that there are enough coins already. Let's start making some of the good ones great, and quit making new coins.

I see all this talk about legends, but all I see here are heroes.

Cool Cheesy

Hi Friend! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
I liked coinssources Dev recognition http://www.coinssource.com/coins-source-introduces-proof-honor-poh-nominate-vote-win/  Proof of Honor was an excellent program.

The next phase of Bitcoin is SideChaining, secure public one-to-one sprocket to bitcoin.  Currently, a new pegged coin would require a central coin holder to distribute as people peg their alts to BTC.  The problem lies in creating new coins without centralization.  Best solution I can come up with is creating instance of a new coin each time you peg to BTC, and weaving these instances around our individual alt coins.

If we can create a group on GIT, starting with a hackcoin SHA256 (Bitminers) and all agree on the leading integer not related to our coins, we could make a hell of an adapter for BTC with AltCoins.

I think one of the things holding back so many long-termers getting together is the fact that all the ones really capable are already working on different Coins and do not want to abandon their own projects or create new projects in which would further dilute the investment base.

I really liked the Proof of Honor program myself, I had nominated Kingscrown from Exclusivecoin but voted for Sunny King (creator of Proof of Stake). What I didn't like about it was that you only had one choice, I would have liked to have been able to vote for more than one person.
legendary
TRUSTplus Dev
A lot of us seniors of the bitcointalk community have made a decent amount of bitcoin over our time here. By way of selling goods, trading altcoins etc. My thoughts are for some of the powerplayers to come together and create a new altcoin that makes some real profit for all of us involved and also for the rest of the community, I want this coin to leave all the others in the dust. I want this coin to be cutting edge and provide great features to the crypto ecosystem and be a real competitor in the space.

To be involved in this project you have to have some seniority in the bitcointalk community (or bitcoin community in general) and you need to have 5 bitcoins to put towards the project to show your serious (These terms may be able to be waived if you have some other extremely useful skill) . Note* I will not be controlling other group members bitcoins so you don't need to have any fear in me scamming you.

So what do you say? Legends of bitcointalk we may have had arguments with each other before but this right here is our chance to really make it big to make more profit then we have ever had before.

Some people say the glory days of altcoins are over, I say they've just begun. Leave a reply and message me if you're interested.

Not needed anymore.
We have Monero.

Monero is  an awesome brand.  How do we create a mechanical connection with MONERO and BTC?  We all agree BTC is what we are measured against.  If we were successful in using our blockchains to "Gear-Up" to BTC, we potentially will bring depth to BTC, and reduce its load.  Our individual efforts will still be rewarded by offering more services by our brand.

The idea is not to create a new coin, but a coin to bridge all coins mechanically.
legendary
TRUSTplus Dev
I liked coinssources Dev recognition http://www.coinssource.com/coins-source-introduces-proof-honor-poh-nominate-vote-win/  Proof of Honor was an excellent program.

The next phase of Bitcoin is SideChaining, secure public one-to-one sprocket to bitcoin.  Currently, a new pegged coin would require a central coin holder to distribute as people peg their alts to BTC.  The problem lies in creating new coins without centralization.  Best solution I can come up with is creating instance of a new coin each time you peg to BTC, and weaving these instances around our individual alt coins.

If we can create a group on GIT, starting with a hackcoin SHA256 (Bitminers) and all agree on the leading integer not related to our coins, we could make a hell of an adapter for BTC with AltCoins.
legendary
1.  TALK is the bitcointalk coin and has been around for 16 months.  Any legends wanting to talk the time to download can have a fistfull (from me).  Heros can have some too.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864994.0

2.  Cannabiscoins are in talks towards getting together and support one project.   https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-the-epic-420-alliance-joint-force-united-we-stand-874423

3.  If CON wants to focus on the extremely famous and/or notorious persons of BCT, I support that idea.  It looks like there is a growing team of talent actively working on CON.  

I would really like that to have the more famous and/or notorious people to help me with working and shaping CON. I do not want to have it where people assume that it is my Coin because that would ultimately hinder it's progress, it only tends to be that way because I put so much work into leading it. I want people to throw down ideas and help make it great because the people that hold it and have been involved are the already the most upstanding people in Crypto. Any information you guys might want I can provide if you think it might help facilitate the process.
legendary
I think whatever you choose to do, it would be better to just get involved in a current Coin rather than starting a new one or to do a project that can benefit current Coins and create profit as a result.

Just a bit of information, if you want to get listed on Bittrex, they want you to pay them 3 BTC, Block explorers generally cost 0.2 BTC and then hosting of nodes and mining (if POW), and then advertising, paying for developers and then the whole question of how it will be able to create profit after the initial pump.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
1.  TALK is the bitcointalk coin and has been around for 16 months.  Any legends wanting to talk the time to download it can have a fistfull (from me).  Heros can have some too.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/talk15bitcointalk-est2014yr4-btc-864994

2.  Cannabiscoins are in talks towards getting together and support one project.   https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-the-epic-420-alliance-joint-force-united-we-stand-874423

3.  If CON wants to focus on the extremely famous and/or notorious persons of BCT, I support that idea.  It looks like there is a growing team of talent actively working on CON.  
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
A lot of us seniors of the bitcointalk community have made a decent amount of bitcoin over our time here. By way of selling goods, trading altcoins etc. My thoughts are for some of the powerplayers to come together and create a new altcoin that makes some real profit for all of us involved and also for the rest of the community, I want this coin to leave all the others in the dust. I want this coin to be cutting edge and provide great features to the crypto ecosystem and be a real competitor in the space.

To be involved in this project you have to have some seniority in the bitcointalk community (or bitcoin community in general) and you need to have 5 bitcoins to put towards the project to show your serious (These terms may be able to be waived if you have some other extremely useful skill) . Note* I will not be controlling other group members bitcoins so you don't need to have any fear in me scamming you.

So what do you say? Legends of bitcointalk we may have had arguments with each other before but this right here is our chance to really make it big to make more profit then we have ever had before.

Some people say the glory days of altcoins are over, I say they've just begun. Leave a reply and message me if you're interested.

Why not get together and support one existing legit project...?  I was gonna say Cannabiscoin...  The Cannabis industry is gonna be big.  But the people behind Cannabiscoin are going through a little bump right now.  Maybe next year.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Crypto Knight
I see OP joined bitcointalk last February.

What is your definition of "legends"?

leg·end
ˈlejənd/

an extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field.
"the man was a living legend"
Activity: 686
I see OP joined bitcointalk last February.

What is your definition of "legends"?
legendary
Activity: 1876

Cool Cheesy

hero's are only 100 or so spam away from being legends  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

Cool Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 938
Leaving out profit that it can generate to investors,I consider that the legends have a "prestige" won and respect. Coin could be a succesfull or in the case opposite only fail. You can imagine if someone decide launch same but on newbie version but with very good improvements and take a better place that it coin, It could be shamefull, In addition there are very  good  projects with years ahead with excellents devs working each day.
If you are really convinced you could do this trust, Announcing an roadmap at least, Or at least you could speak about how many BTC you need at least to begin to do something really out of the ordinary like to BTC for example.
legendary

i agree you haven't denied or tried to cover up that your motive is to make money (funny here is one place that can be used both literally and figuratively)

man, you got some serious identity issues bro!! aren't you a day trader ... what a fucking joke ...

you're like one of those sexually confused guys who can be literally sucking a strangers cock in a public toilet at 10pm, then goes 'poofter bashing' at midnight.

you're here trading cryptos to make 'honest' money without scamming anyone, right? so why go hating on another guy who might be doing the same?

there's guys actually like that? guess you and i hang in different circles Wink

seriously though you do know how modern currency get their price (and without they'd have no value)?

i can say (with all consistency) that i've never made a cent of fiat out of my crypto trading. nore any fiat out of my crypto testing and development.
Activity: 1540

i agree you haven't denied or tried to cover up that your motive is to make money (funny here is one place that can be used both literally and figuratively)

man, you got some serious identity issues bro!! aren't you a day trader ... what a fucking joke ...

you're like one of those sexually confused guys who can be literally sucking a strangers cock in a public toilet at 10pm, then goes 'poofter bashing' at midnight.

you're here trading cryptos to make 'honest' money without scamming anyone, right? so why go hating on another guy who might be doing the same?

strong username to post content. made me spit my coffee the moment I looked at your username
Activity: 1540
it could be good idea depends on who is in "legendry" team.

Issue is that once altcoin reaches certain amount people start getting greedy and doing it online with other people can come bite you in the ass. If you want to create an altcoin do it with people who live around you so you can have face to face chat and monitor each other to make sure other person don't get greedy.
Activity: 190
Merit: 10

legendary
Legends of bitcointalk we may have had arguments with each other before but this right here is our chance to really make it big to make more profit then we have ever had before.

Huh with motives like this kinda defeats the whole purpose of geniune alt currency creation  Roll Eyes

Why is making money shunned upon so much? Just because we'll be making money doesn't make our efforts any less genuine.

because alts created to make the devs money are the very definition of a scamcoin, again whats the point in being an alterative to the greedy banker controlled fiat, if we ourselves become the greedy bankers, but thats lost on alot of people around this place.

I don't think you understand what a scam is. We are in know way stealing anything we are just providing a service and profiting off of it.

while certainly there are win win scenerios in many comercial endeavours, creating crypto currencies certainly aint one of them ie here in order for you to make profit someone has to make a loss, so you are basically suggesting legendary members use their status create a coin to profit of newbies.

you can go on,and on with a defensive arguement, now, any way you like,use whatever semantics you like, but its the underlining truth to your OP.

So you're saying this is a scam coin because some people could make a profit and other people could make a loss? The same thing is true for literally every other coin and every stock on the stock market.

for every coins todate 99.9% of the time mostly yes (up until this point in time), for stock market many many win win situations with profit making commercial ventures so no not true in that case.

but tis all irrelevent, you can argue all day long but you stated your motives crystal clear in the OP.

Yes I said I wanted to make money and no were have I denied that since. Why are you trying to make it look like I'm trying to cover up that making money is a motive?

Pages:
Jump to: