Pages:
Author

Topic: The Mandela Effect - page 6. (Read 16200 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
August 20, 2015, 05:50:26 AM
They might be giants in Constantinople but not in Istanbul.

The capital of Turkey is now Ankara.
legendary
August 17, 2015, 07:49:53 AM
your personal viewpoint is fairly wonderful, even so use a much better method,you can check out this excellent website.FIFA 16 coins    within this space,you might buy a selection of FIFACOINS.

Google Search: FIFA

First two words output: FIFA Corruption

Linked corrupt companies in registered order: globalwitness.org, Coca-Cola, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin, Google, easports.com, Adidas, Panini

Linked corrupt countries in registered order: Germnay, Brazil, England, Chile, France

Linked corrupt associations in registered order: NBA, MLS

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
August 17, 2015, 02:53:06 AM
your personal viewpoint is fairly wonderful, even so use a much better method,you can check out this excellent website.FIFA 16 coins    within this space,you might buy a selection of FIFACOINS.

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
August 16, 2015, 08:34:03 PM
i think i read rumors that the old chinese actually landed in america (even before the vikings).

/tinfoil_on

that aside you guys should look up the cern conspiracies regarding dimensional and time shifting.
maybe it will give you guys some clues...  Wink

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_659_19-real-sinister-conspiracies-that-actually-happened/
legendary
August 16, 2015, 07:42:59 PM
New Zealand before the bear stain:

I remember New Zealand and Papua New Guinea being switched, but that I've chocked up to just forgetting. But I do remember looking up where New Zealand was specifically since I've visited Australia... but oh well. I never remember it to the west of Australia though.

The last time I recall looking at this part of the world on a map was after reading about ancient trans-oceanic voyages and a fleet of over a thousand Chinese bamboo ships the size of aircraft carriers; In 1421 Zhou Man's fleet was sailing past the north-east of New Zealand (as depicted on the map I crafted) when it got hit by a comet. That's improbable (to have your entire fleet destroyed by a comet?) I thought and pulled the area up on Google maps to check it out.

Ancient Treasure Ship

Ancient Navigator

Comet

Edit:

It's more than possible that my recollection of the area surrounding Australia is just backwards and upside down.
legendary
August 16, 2015, 12:03:48 AM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
August 16, 2015, 09:49:47 AM

I remember New Zealand and Papua New Guinea being switched, but that I've chocked up to just forgetting. But I do remember looking up where New Zealand was specifically since I've visited Australia... but oh well. I never remember it to the west of Australia though.
August 15, 2015, 06:21:55 PM
If the point of the thread was just random silliness, then I surely missed it. If it was about some phenomenon in reality, then pointing out a fact wouldn't be. You use a Mercator projection to guess size of places in the arctic. Another hint: any area including the north or south pole would be of infinite size in that map, The closer you get to each the more distorted it is.

You act smug, and smart, but you missed the point, and I'm wondering how to make it clear to you, because it should have been clear already....

Summary: The Mandela effect we are discussing currently is that there is a landmass called Svalbard, and people in category A wonder where it came from and have never heard of it before. People in category B believe it's always been there.

1. Category A people have grown up with maps, Google Maps being a big one.
2. Today, the Category A people look at a map that they usually use and see a new land mass named Svalbard
3. On their map, Svalbard looks as big or bigger than Iceland.

Conclusion. They would have noticed it if they had noticed Iceland, because they are similar in size and if they used Google maps (which is incredibly popular), they would have seen it even larger than Iceland, yet they only remember Iceland being there in their past.

So, this means the size of the landmass certainly matters, and you're talking about how it's smaller than Iceland is nitpicking and ignoring the reality that people would have noticed it because they would have used the same maps they had previously used and the popular maps certainly show it as being a large landmass (larger than it would have to be to have been missed)
Activity: 169
Merit: 10
ExToke - Fee Free Trading
August 15, 2015, 05:50:15 PM
If the point of the thread was just random silliness, then I surely missed it. If it was about some phenomenon in reality, then pointing out a fact wouldn't be. You use a Mercator projection to guess size of places in the arctic. Another hint: any area including the north or south pole would be of infinite size in that map, The closer you get to each the more distorted it is.
August 15, 2015, 05:04:52 PM
FTFY. But I need to be less subtle. Google is using fucking Mercator! Now what happens to area if you increase latitude?

Looks to me like they're very similar in size that way. Though Svalbard is more spread out there is some water in between. Your talking about the size of the country is completely missing the point of this thread.

The point that started this was, I know of Iceland and have never heard of Svalbard. If someone knows of one they should know of the other because they are close in size, and in the same area. To think one place that was that big (and it is bigger than Iceland on Google Maps so that's relevant), was missed every time anyone looked at a map (like Google Maps) is crazy. But this whole thing is crazy.

August 15, 2015, 04:54:02 PM
I got your hint, but you know, due to me being ignorant I ignored it.

Svalbard is in red.
FTFY. But I need to be less subtle. Google is using fucking Mercator! Now what happens to area if you increase latitude?
August 15, 2015, 04:48:00 PM
Well, a sovereign country, with its own language and culture, and unparalleled geology would be better known than an autonomizs province which doesn't have much but glaciers, landscape and polar bears...

You also didn't get my hint how it is smaller than Iceland....

And yes, no one would forget that some Yiddish name was spelled in an uncommon way, especially if their mother tongue is neither Yiddish nor German Wink

I got your hint, but you know, due to you being wrong I ignored it.

Svalbard is in red.

August 15, 2015, 04:38:28 PM
Well, a sovereign country, with its own language and culture, and unparalleled geology would be better known than an autonomizs province which doesn't have much but glaciers, landscape and polar bears...

You also didn't get my hint how it is smaller than Iceland....

And yes, no one would forget that some Yiddish name was spelled in an uncommon way, especially if their mother tongue is neither Yiddish nor German Wink
August 15, 2015, 02:23:11 PM
It's more than possible I've never heard of Svalbard or seen it on a map due to it being in an obscure location. Somebody mentioned it on r/MandelaEffect.

I find it hard to believe I have heard of Iceland but never Svalbard. But ignoring that...these Mandela effects are weird and are happening.

Yahoo had to do a story about this today because it's becoming more and more known.

Your Whole Life Is a Lie: It’s BerenstAin Bears, Not BerenstEin Bears

Of course they say it's just a bunch of people with bad memories, which is total crap.
legendary
August 15, 2015, 02:16:14 PM
It's more than possible I've never heard of Svalbard or seen it on a map due to it being in an obscure location. Somebody mentioned it on r/MandelaEffect.

edit:

"Illuminated art installation above the entrance to the Vault"

See the bear?
August 15, 2015, 01:30:02 PM
How is it bigger than Iceland?
Din't know if you are trolling as well, or only notmatman Wink. In case you aren't, here's a hint: what happens if you constantly follow a certain direction on a compass? Who would do that?
August 15, 2015, 12:15:21 PM
Q: Where are we going to store all these non-GMO seeds where all these useless eaters can't get their greedy round-up ready hands on them?

A: Lets create a country up north in the middle of nowhere out of thin air and call it Svalbard.

OMG. I thought you were kidding. Svalbard Global Seed Vault

How is it bigger than Iceland?
legendary
August 15, 2015, 11:45:17 AM
Q: Where are we going to store all these non-GMO seeds where all these useless eaters can't get their greedy round-up ready hands on them?

A: Lets create a country up north in the middle of nowhere out of thin air and call it Svalbard.

Activity: 714
August 15, 2015, 11:36:26 AM

Retroactive historical changes, it's been coined "The Mandela Effect" after South African President Nelson Mandela.

I read that earlier I'm the thread...this is some weird stuff & it's making my head hurt  Cheesy
legendary
August 14, 2015, 09:55:38 PM
I have no idea what the big deal is with all this... Can someone tell me what's going on

Retroactive historical changes, it's been coined "The Mandela Effect" after South African President Nelson Mandela.
Pages:
Jump to: