Pages:
Author

Topic: The Mandela Effect - page 8. (Read 16198 times)

legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016
June 09, 2015, 03:57:00 PM
Funny how this misspelling is extremely close to the the original, it's almost as though people have been misreading the name for years, and and then when the name appears in in a context where it is read and examined closely, the mistake is is noticed. It would be more compelling if the name had been changed drastically, for instance if if half the population thought Hamlet was a lesbian cyberpunk romance written by the famous playwright Megatron.

Now read my post again, this time more carefully. There are 5, did you spot them all?

Wink

5? Yes, now, but I only caught the "is is" during the first read-through, perhaps because it resembles ISIS that's recently in the news.

I remember in school writing before as befor and today as to-day, per teacher's instructions.

Haha I had some dumb teachers too. A geography teacher once told us that the tide comes in in the day and goes out at night. No word of a lie.

But yeah, what I was trying to show is that what we read/see/hear is an interpretation, not fact. And memories themselves are not concrete, they can be twisted and changed by our brain.

Occam's Razor applies here: If someone thinks that peanut butter used to be called Jiffy but now it's called Jif, they're probably remembering it wrong.

For those that are interested I just found a sub-reddit about this shit: http://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/

Have fun you mentalists.  Grin
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
June 07, 2015, 07:50:09 PM
I loved this show as a kid, always used to remember waking up and watching this  Grin
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
June 07, 2015, 07:14:32 PM
Funny how this misspelling is extremely close to the the original, it's almost as though people have been misreading the name for years, and and then when the name appears in in a context where it is read and examined closely, the mistake is is noticed. It would be more compelling if the name had been changed drastically, for instance if if half the population thought Hamlet was a lesbian cyberpunk romance written by the famous playwright Megatron.

Now read my post again, this time more carefully. There are 5, did you spot them all?

Wink

5? Yes, now, but I only caught the "is is" during the first read-through, perhaps because it resembles ISIS that's recently in the news.

I remember in school writing before as befor and today as to-day, per teacher's instructions.
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016
June 07, 2015, 06:41:10 PM

Wink
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
June 05, 2015, 07:15:32 AM
Mrs Buttersworth syrup is now Mrs Butterworth’s.

For the love of pancakes I can assure you this memory is firmly entrenched.
legendary
June 05, 2015, 04:41:44 AM
The youtubevideo posted above shows the spelling as  - Story by stan and jan Berenstain  and not Berenstein.

The fact that the bear-n-stein bears are now the burn-stain bears is a reality I'll just have to accept.  Undecided
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 05, 2015, 02:54:31 AM
The youtubevideo posted above shows the spelling as  - Story by stan and jan Berenstain  and not Berenstein.
legendary
June 05, 2015, 01:33:34 AM
Looks like there's a website devoted to this.  Huh
http://mandelaeffect.com/major-memories

here's a few changes I see listed that I've been subjected to:

Berenstein Bears.
Mandella died in prison.
Chartreuse is a reddish color.
52 states in the USA.
"Jiffy" peanut butter.

The site mentions PS1 games that no longer exist but they don't list any names.  Angry  I'm curious now what's gone and what's been added, there could be "new" old games out there.  Cheesy

WOW! http://mandelaeffect.com/51-52-united-states

Last month I recall reading a post by Vod claiming that he's goin' to sale sail the east coast of the US. Now, it's the west coast.

Edit: I thought I wrote sail.

Is it possible that The Mandela Effect is growing exponentially?

IMO it's in your best interest to forget about Hawaii and Florida, 50 states is a nice round number.
legendary
June 04, 2015, 10:25:50 PM
I'm probably just confusing DC and Puerto Rico for states but Jiffy Peanut Butter is clear as day, in fact I can remember commenting to somebody years ago after seeing a tub of "Jif".

EDIT:

On a side note Smuker's has donated half a million dollars to fight GMO labeling.
legendary
Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012
howdy
June 04, 2015, 09:50:19 PM
I always thought it was the Bear-stein bears.  Undecided
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
June 04, 2015, 05:04:02 PM

Berenstein Bears.
Mandella died in prison.
52 states in the USA.
"Jiffy" peanut butter.

The site mentions PS1 games that no longer exist but they don't list any names.  Angry  I'm curious now what's gone and what's been added, there could be "new" old games out there.  Cheesy

WOW! http://mandelaeffect.com/51-52-united-states

Last month I recall reading a post by Vod claiming that he's goin' to sale sail the east coast of the US. Now, it's the west coast.

Edit: I thought I wrote sail.

Is it possible that The Mandela Effect is growing exponentially?
legendary
June 04, 2015, 07:34:49 AM

Berenstein Bears.
Mandella died in prison.
52 states in the USA.
"Jiffy" peanut butter.

legendary
June 03, 2015, 01:50:01 PM
This is like the Simpson's episode where Homer travels through various strange parallel universes. In the final scene he thinks he's made it back home to his universe until he sees the rest of the family has forked tongues. Homer's response is "Bah, close enough". LOL
Activity: 269
Merit: 250
June 03, 2015, 01:04:32 PM
It was definitely Berenstein...wtf?!!!
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
June 03, 2015, 10:44:49 AM
Its spelled Berenstein... wtf is going on?
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
June 03, 2015, 10:37:07 AM
I think it is spelled not like that.
legendary
June 03, 2015, 09:26:59 AM
edit:

"The Mandela Effect is a theory put forth term coined by writer and “paranormal consultant” Fiona Broome ..." -- Google

OP:

Berenstæin Bears

Pages:
Jump to: