Pages:
Author

Topic: The no ad-sigs posters allowed topic - come and not be annoyed by rubbish posts - page 5. (Read 4970 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Hehe - my guess is that it probably uses a NOT IN clause which will start to cause problems if many users have ignore lists in the thousands.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
you have to either spend most of your time clicking Ignore for every ad-sig poster (which could eventually cause performance issues depending upon how that is actually implemented)

Actually, I'm hoping for that.  If we all ignore nearly all the posters that have sig ads, and if that eventually causes significant performance issues on the bitcointalk servers, it might force Theymos' hand into either better moderation, or better tools to deal with such individuals.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
You know you can hide all user sigs, right?

That's a horrible idea.

Then how would I know who to click "ignore" on?
legendary
So is not it better to disable the sig view and let people write (and you will delete all the not constructive posts)?

And that is the issue - if you want a "nice experience" on this forum now you have to either spend most of your time clicking Ignore for every ad-sig poster (which could eventually cause performance issues depending upon how that is actually implemented) or create a self-moderated topic like this one and monitor every post like a hawk (I have already deleted around 6 and that's in a topic that specifically says "no ad-sig posters allowed").
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

This has been brought up many, many times. It is not the sigs themselves but the pointless posts that is the issue.

So is not it better to disable the sig view and let people write (and you will delete all the not constructive posts)?
legendary

This has been brought up many, many times. It is not the sigs themselves but the pointless posts that is the issue (there is no option to "hide all posts by ad-sig posters" which would be something I'd gladly use if it were available).
legendary
You'd probably best to ask Vasilis or one of the Burst team about any issues you are having with AT.

Whether one idea is "better" than another is a very subjective thing (and not something I am going to wade into).

The Ethereum project has a lot of funding and some very talented people working on it (more than the AT project as we have very little funds and therefore pretty much only volunteers).
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
legendary
Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021
CIYAM are you the guy on the BURST dev team?

I help them with AT (but I am not paid by them or anyone else).

i have the wallet but i don't see any AT's when i click the AT button on sidebar, all i have is a 'create AT' button... am i doing something incredibly wrong?

Also, have you worked on the Ethereum project at all? which one is better?
legendary

I help them with AT (but I am not paid by them or anyone else).
legendary
Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021
legendary
For things of "high value" (such as say property titles) then IMO the Bitcoin confirmation time is of no issue (so those things a very suitable to work as "coloured coins" backed by the power of the Bitcoin blockchain).

For things of much "lower value" I think less powerful blockchains (that have faster confirmation times) might be more suitable (and that doesn't mean I am championing any particular "alt").
We have seen some interesting stuff already with coloured coins in regards to Counterparty and Mastercoin.

From the perspective of "smart contracts" the main issue I think is just going to be one of performance (i.e. confirmation times).

thanks for your answer, I'm also think the colored-coin feauture will work only for the "little part" (maybe "private" contract).
legendary
It is funny that when even asked to simply not post in one single topic - they just can't (maybe they fear I might actually have some effect and reduce their pointless post income).

This is the kind of problem that the posting on this forum has come to (no topic can escape being spammed with ad-sig posts even if explicitly stated that that is not acceptable).
legendary
Activity: 977
Merit: 1000
Well, first time I used the block button on this forum also. Children lol Roll Eyes
legendary
Some people just don't seem to understand the difference between having a "sig" (which might have a link to a topic or a Bitcoin address or GPG key) and an ad-sig but I think most of us who are sick of the pointless posts *all see this*.
legendary
Activity: 977
Merit: 1000
Agreed. Never had a paid signature in mine. Infact, I haven't changed my sig since I even started this board. I don't even offer my vanity address service any more; I sold my rig.

Probably should change it.

I've even noted a while back that most posts from really stupid threads are probably from the same person just grinding the paid advertisements by themselves. After I noted it in a certain thread, it stopped on that one and started on a new one lol: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9776174
legendary
We have seen some interesting stuff already with coloured coins in regards to Counterparty and Mastercoin.

From the perspective of "smart contracts" the main issue I think is just going to be one of performance (i.e. confirmation times).
Some interesting discussion might be about the fact that Bitcoin 0.10.0 has been released (with a lot of great new features from what I have read).

Also apparently Ethereum have announced a decentralised exchange (have only seen a youtube link about that so far so if there is a non-video link that would be of interest to me as youtube is problematic when you live in China).

What do you think of the colored-coin ? Will be it a great feature or not ?
legendary
Again the rules are clear (yes I expected ad-sig posters to try and defend themselves) - so ad-sig posters just post everywhere else (I think you can restrain yourselves not to post in one topic or can't you?).

And no - my sig is not part of any ad-sig sponsor campaign (obviously as no-one else has it in their sig and the only links are to GPG and a Bitcoin address).
Pages:
Jump to: