Pages:
Author

Topic: The no ad-sigs posters allowed topic - come and not be annoyed by rubbish posts - page 6. (Read 4970 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Whilst I think your method is probably now advised I do find it disappointing that the forum forces people who are actually of benefit (by posting very useful advice such as yourself) to have to spend much of their time clicking Ignore simply because the forum seems to think it is fine to just pile everything in a bunch of shit posts so some people can earn (very small amounts of) money from that.

I had tried other ways to "protest" about this before and each has been of no use - so having a "no ad-sig allowed" topic is perhaps my "last attempt" at trying to raise this issue.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
Many months ago I adopted a shoot first policy on members with ads in their sig.  I began reflexively clicking "ignore" on any poster that had an ad in their sig.  I only un-ignore when I encounter quotes of things that poster has said that indicate that they actually contribute useful, helpful, or interesting things.

This has made bitcointalk a much more useful and much more pleasant place to participate in.
legendary
Haven't heard anything on Ethereum from a while. Thought they ran off with our bitcoin and retired in Hawaii.

I did find one link about their "exchange application" (http://www.meetup.com/Ethereum-Denver/events/193412162/) but from what I can gather it really is nothing different to what Counterparty or Mastercoin already have (maybe I missed something though).

Also I just noticed that is an old posting (July 2014) so perhaps nothing at all new has happened with that.
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
Some interesting discussion might be about the fact that Bitcoin 0.10.0 has been released (with a lot of great new features from what I have read).

Also apparently Ethereum have announced a decentralised exchange (have only seen a youtube link about that so far so if there is a non-video link that would be of interest to me as youtube is problematic when you live in China).

Haven't heard anything on Ethereum from a while. Thought they ran off with our bitcoin and retired in Hawaii.
legendary
The lack of posting is telling in itself (it would be interesting to actually see the stats about just how many forum posts are from posters with ad-sigs).

I wonder if any of the admins are able to come up with a reasonable guesstimate?
legendary
Some interesting discussion might be about the fact that Bitcoin 0.10.0 has been released (with a lot of great new features from what I have read).

Also apparently Ethereum have announced a decentralised exchange (have only seen a youtube link about that so far so if there is a non-video link that would be of interest to me as youtube is problematic when you live in China).
legendary
I am getting so sick of seeing pointless, rubbish ad-sig posts in every single topic on this forum that I have started this topic just to allow others that have something that might be of any actual interest to others to post in.

Rules are:

1. If you have an ad-sig then I will delete your post no matter how "relevant" you think it is (go and post somewhere else - you have plenty of places to do that and I am sick of you guys trying to "defend yourselves").

2. If you post crap or abuse I'll delete that too.

Let's see if it is possible to actually have some enlightened posts on this forum again.
Pages:
Jump to: