Pages:
Author

Topic: The official MacMiner thread [BTC/LTC-CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC] - page 14. (Read 166698 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Besides a SMC error I need to fix this is all I see in Console.

1/13/14 9:37:44.562 PM MacMiner[22680]: I'm sploding!

Thats after quitting the application. Starting the app, and doing anything during shows nothing in the console.
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
Thanks for the feedback, glad it's working after you start at least - it should start on app launch, if it fails you should see an error message from MacMiner in the Console app in the Utilities folder in the main window (may need to refresh that window) If so could you post it here please?

I pay close attention to feature requests and that's not the first time that one has been made so auto-start is top of the list now!
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
I tried restarting my computer as if I was not there, and MacMiner starts as normal, when I press start on MobileMiner nothing happens, I guess because the ASIC window is not open. Even if I open the ASIC window, MobileMiner does not work. I guess MobileMiner only works after a signal is received from MacMiner, stating that MobileMiner can now control it?

If there is already a feature to auto start, then that would clear up everything, because MobileMiner would be active, and if anything happens when away from the computer it will auto mine.

MobileMiner is all "pull", no "push". Basically, MacMiner (or any miner) says, occasionally, "got any commands for me"? I'm not sure what kicks off that loop in MacMiner but it sounds like it may not be happening on startup.
MobileMiner buttons Start and Restart are working for me. The Stop button stops MacMiner, but the button on MacMiner stays the same, so then it automatically thinks it is suppose to be mining and starts up again. Not that I would ever use the Stop button, but just letting you know.

I was wondering if it was possible to have MacMiner automatically start with the FPGA/ASIC window and auto start mining? As in, if I was away from my computer and it restarts, it would automatically start mining. I already have MacMiner to open when OSX starts, I just need it start mining automatically in the ASIC window. I tried restarting my computer as if I was not there, and MacMiner starts as normal, when I press start on MobileMiner nothing happens, I guess because the ASIC window is not open. Even if I open the ASIC window, MobileMiner does not work. I guess MobileMiner only works after a signal is received from MacMiner, stating that MobileMiner can now control it?

If there is already a feature to auto start, then that would clear up everything, because MobileMiner would be active, and if anything happens when away from the computer it will auto mine.

Thanks.... tips coming soon once I get some payouts.
MacMiner 1.5.8 has been released, this version:

Allows MobileMiner to control the FPGA/ASIC Window (more to come!)

Updates cgminer to 3.10 and bfgminer to the latest from Github

antminer over clocking now uses format:
--set-device antminer:clock=x0981
Just switched over to MacMiner and loving it. Using MobileMiner as well and everything is working like a charm. Just wanted to thank you!
Awesome, thanks for letting me know! Now I need to figure out what's going wrong for other people Smiley

I don't want to give you any false information here, so what I mean by working is that MobileMiner shows all my devices, and the speeds they are running at correctly. I had it already set up from when I was using Asteroid, so I just put in my key in MacMiner. BUT, I cannot use the start, stop and restart buttons in MobileMiner.

Is that the problem others are having, or worse?

That's actually because I haven't coded the buttons in yet, it needs to take account of the different miners in MacMiner but it's right at the top of my priority list so it'll be in one of the next updates - what you're seeing is what I'd like everyone to be seeing as the app stands, other people aren't seeing a thing unfortunately
Just switched over to MacMiner and loving it. Using MobileMiner as well and everything is working like a charm. Just wanted to thank you!
Awesome, thanks for letting me know! Now I need to figure out what's going wrong for other people Smiley

I don't want to give you any false information here, so what I mean by working is that MobileMiner shows all my devices, and the speeds they are running at correctly. I had it already set up from when I was using Asteroid, so I just put in my key in MacMiner. BUT, I cannot use the start, stop and restart buttons in MobileMiner.

Is that the problem others are having, or worse?
ah, the setting for bfgminer is actually

--set-device antminer:freq=0881

Heads-up: once this is merged in with bfgminer the format will be:

Code:
--set-device antminer:clock=x0881
Activity: 15
Merit: 0

the default frequency is 0781 and you can try 0981

make sure you cool the device properly!

I can confirm this is now working, from the terminal. Still can't get it running from the GUI, though. Thanks either way!
The "--set-device antminer:freq=0A81" doesn't seem to be working. It still seems to be overclocking just at 2.0 GH/s, rather than 2.2.

I'm tweaking the code now to make overclocking more reliable. Seems timing related.
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
The "--set-device antminer:freq=0A81" doesn't seem to be working. It still seems to be overclocking just at 2.0 GH/s, rather than 2.2.
Sorry about that, I need to update MacMiner to support over clocking antminer - it'll only be a few minutes now!

Well, a "few minutes" is about the fastest bug fix I've ever seen. I'm watching the thread, so I'll be happy to test it when you post the next build.
Thanks, I'd appreciate that! it's fixed now here:

http://downloads.fabulouspanda.co.uk/MacMiner.app-1.5.7b.zip

If you get a chance to test out the MobileMiner integration too I'm looking for reports on that btw Wink

Downloading. Will begin testing. It'll probably take be 10 minutes or so to get accurate averages.

FWIW, I couldn't get MobileMiner to work.

OK, thanks for the help - I'll put a debug button in the MobileMiner preferences in version 1.5.8 that will open a window showing it trying to send a post to MobileMiner, please give that a shot in a few days!

After about 20 mins, average speed now with "--set-device antminer:freq=0981" is 1.953 GH/s. That sounds about right, since it's supposed to be 2.0 at that overclocking. With a USB fan pointing at it and my other miners, I would say it's slightly warm and no warmer than my other miners. I'll maybe run this for a few hours than consider overclocking to 2.2.
Sorry about that, I need to update MacMiner to support over clocking antminer - it'll only be a few minutes now!

Well, a "few minutes" is about the fastest bug fix I've ever seen. I'm watching the thread, so I'll be happy to test it when you post the next build.

If you get a chance to test out the MobileMiner integration too I'm looking for reports on that btw Wink

Downloading. Will begin testing. It'll probably take be 10 minutes or so to get accurate averages.

OK, thanks for the help - I'll put a debug button in the MobileMiner preferences in version 1.5.8 that will open a window showing it trying to send a post to MobileMiner, please give that a shot in a few days!

the default frequency is 0781 and you can try 0981

make sure you cool the device properly!

I'm putting in "--set-device antminer:freq=0981" into the manual flags field and then getting an error in the ASIC output window, "ANT 0: set_device is not implemented (trying to apply rule: antminer:freq=0981)", and then seeing standard rates (1.6 GH/s).

What am I doing wrong? I've been discussing it in r/bitcoinmining here: http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/1uu3a8/antminer_on_mac_xpost_rbitcoin/cen5r77
Pages:
Jump to: