Pages:
Author

Topic: The pirate and the SEC - Alleged e-mails. - page 2. (Read 21301 times)

donator
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Assholier-than-thou retard magnet
September 30, 2012, 10:07:49 PM
Don't ask for a bitcoin economy which isn't regulated or enforced by anyone or anything then expect the government of the united states of america (who all of you apparently detest with a vengeance) to bail you out.

Just saying it's extremely hypocritical and makes libertarians look even more like a bunch of whiners.

There are no libertarians.

People get upset about the government (of any country, but the USA > rest of solar system) but it's just a bunch of people.  Believing that many people with their own motives and incentives are "aligned" with any single agenda is kind of silly and juvenile.  Of course they're going to be whiners.

The government is just emergent behavior.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
September 30, 2012, 08:59:09 PM
Don't ask for a bitcoin economy which isn't regulated or enforced by anyone or anything then expect the government of the united states of america (who all of you apparently detest with a vengeance) to bail you out.

Just saying it's extremely hypocritical and makes libertarians look even more like a bunch of whiners.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 30, 2012, 04:53:51 PM
I got exactly the same email an hour ago...
Here is the full copy: http://pastie.org/4791945

- Anyone know what is this about?
- How did they got my email address?

I didn't invest with Pirate, so I honestly don't know why I am receiving this anyways.

Did you give him a rating on OTC?  It seems that everyone getting it so far has rated Pirate on OTC.
I have received this email, from a legitimate .gov address. AFAIK they got my address from OTC somehow... I rated him -10 for "defaulted on large loan."

Not sure if I agree with you. I also rated him -10 and my email can be found on my public key(just like yours) and I didn't get any email.
Don't know what to tell you :/
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
September 30, 2012, 03:41:31 PM

I didn't invest with Pirate, so I honestly don't know why I am receiving this anyways.

Did you give him a rating on OTC?  It seems that everyone getting it so far has rated Pirate on OTC.
I have received this email, from a legitimate .gov address. AFAIK they got my address from OTC somehow... I rated him -10 for "defaulted on large loan."

Not sure if I agree with you. I also rated him -10 and my email can be found on my public key(just like yours) and I didn't get any email.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
September 29, 2012, 09:12:56 PM
I am a Marine "once a Marine always a Marine" I got my booklet from Marine Federal Credit Union today they issue once every 4 months. I open it up and behold Zeek Rewards scheme lexington NC lol. Just thought it was funny and would share that fact.
Activity: 854
September 29, 2012, 05:53:53 PM
Its sad to see there's people that still have the response that danieldaniel had, ignorance is bliss am i right?

Im not attacking you personally daniel, im just stating that your conditioning from living within the states is showing.
No offense taken, and I completely understand.  However, I wouldn't consider myself ignorant on what happened.  I was more trolling when I laughed than anything.

I do, mostly, understand what happened.  Banks were making really shitty loans to people who wouldn't pay back, then AIG insured everything (I know this isn't everything; trying to be concise).

And I lied about the no offense taken, I was offended, I just understand that from what you read I may have appeared ignorant on the situation.  Also, if you don't believe that I was trolling, take a look at the #bitcoin-otc logs... I troll.  A lot.
September 29, 2012, 05:50:24 PM
People who did not get the joke, buy and read The Big Short before posting again.
I only read, like, the first half of it and I get it.
* danieldaniel laughs

Yeah, but someone must have spoiled the ending for you.
Nope.  I just know that they were insuring peoples mortgages who ended up not paying them back.

You didn't notice that whole housing bubble, recession, bank crash thing in the news?
I was so young!  I didn't really care back then.  All I cared about is whether I could get that new iPride.
Activity: 367
September 29, 2012, 05:44:09 PM
I think there's far too much going on in modern times for people to know much of anything.  All that, AND the glut of entertainment and luxury that we live in.  It's disappointing sometimes, but makes a lot of sense.

That's my excuse, anyway.

(and I feel bad for getting into this AIG thing and getting off topic of the thread's original purpose)
Activity: 322
September 29, 2012, 05:37:12 PM
Its sad to see there's people that still have the response that danieldaniel had, ignorance is bliss am i right?

Im not attacking you personally daniel, im just stating that your conditioning from living within the states is showing.
Activity: 367
September 29, 2012, 01:17:07 PM
Nope.  I just know that they were insuring peoples mortgages who ended up not paying them back.

it's far more than just that.  there are several documentaries on the subject (i.e. Inside Job, https://www.google.com/search?q=documentaries+recession+2008).

AIG had implemented several questionable insurance offerings such as allowing people to
- insure the same security/event multiple times (huge leveraged liability in case of failure)
- insure securities they did not own (wow.. just wow)

things like this created a massive (if artificial) liability that AIG could not handle when the housing mortgage bubble popped.  and since AIG was integral in insuring and backing up all manner of other things, including underwriting most other insurers of other insurance systems, and they were "too big too fail", the US Gov't got to bail them out.
Activity: 784
0xFB0D8D1534241423
September 29, 2012, 11:37:37 AM

September 29, 2012, 10:54:34 AM
People who did not get the joke, buy and read The Big Short before posting again.
* danieldaniel laughs

Yeah, but someone must have spoiled the ending for you.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 29, 2012, 07:01:06 AM
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
September 28, 2012, 10:18:48 PM
The unfortunate fact of the matter is, most of the recent 'problems', are all tied to a single entity and the exposure that people had to it.

Which comes down to risk management.  If you have significant enough exposure to an investment that its failure would cause you significant liquidity problems then you shouldn't lend money to others to place in that same investment because if it collapses there's a high risk that they'll default and you'll get squeezed from both sides.  This isn't a novel concept.

Are we talking about pirate or AIG?

Neither I think. Sounds like he is talking about usagi's CPA.

I'm talking about bitlane's comment regarding the problems being tied to a single entity (pirate).  The cascade effect is because people who already had exposure to pirate also lent funds to others to invest with pirate.  Those people are down two lots of money - the money which they didn't receive from pirate and the money from borrowers who invested funds with pirate and are now in default. That kind of double exposure to pirate was an insane risk to take.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 28, 2012, 08:31:40 PM
The unfortunate fact of the matter is, most of the recent 'problems', are all tied to a single entity and the exposure that people had to it.

Which comes down to risk management.  If you have significant enough exposure to an investment that its failure would cause you significant liquidity problems then you shouldn't lend money to others to place in that same investment because if it collapses there's a high risk that they'll default and you'll get squeezed from both sides.  This isn't a novel concept.

Neither I think. Sounds like he is talking about usagi's CPA.
September 28, 2012, 04:53:18 PM
My comment was a joke. AIG insured practically anyone against default on mortgages leading up to the 2008 crisis. Their inability to price the systemic risk in their mortgage default insurance was a key component in the liquidity crisis we are still facing. Every large bank had massive exposure to them in their mortgage backed securities, and AIG had no realistic way to repay what they owed before the federal government stepped in.

I just saw an interesting parallel.

* danieldaniel laughs
Activity: 588
firstbits.com/1kznfw
September 28, 2012, 04:35:02 PM
I'm talking about bitlane's comment regarding the problems being tied to a single entity (pirate).  The cascade effect is because people who already had exposure to pirate also lent funds to others to invest with pirate.  Those people are down two lots of money - the money which they didn't receive from pirate and the money from borrowers who invested funds with pirate and are now in default. That kind of double exposure to pirate was an insane risk to take.

My comment was a joke. AIG insured practically anyone against default on mortgages leading up to the 2008 crisis. Their inability to price the systemic risk in their mortgage default insurance was a key component in the liquidity crisis we are still facing. Every large bank had massive exposure to them in their mortgage backed securities, and AIG had no realistic way to repay what they owed before the federal government stepped in.

I just saw an interesting parallel.
Activity: 868
September 27, 2012, 12:41:05 AM

Activity: 588
firstbits.com/1kznfw
September 27, 2012, 12:25:37 AM

Activity: 868
September 26, 2012, 09:56:56 PM

Pages:
Jump to: