Pages:
Author

Topic: The pirate and the SEC - Alleged e-mails. - page 3. (Read 21301 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
September 26, 2012, 09:45:19 PM
Again, all BS and sarcasm aside.... my faith in the community and trust in general increase as I see Passthrough OPs go out of pocket to repay Bonds that were sold with NO Insurance...which, at the time of sale initially, many Investors had no problem purchasing and knew full well what they were getting into, yet still screamed SCAMMER TAG to those who are actually keeping in contact with them and trying to make things right at their own expenses.

Because of this, I have an extremely clear picture of those who I would never have a reason to question in future dealings.
I'm not going to sound like a fan-boi and drop names or give kudos to anyone in particular, but it should be pretty clear who those people are, based on their continued support of Investors, even though they don't have to......
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
September 26, 2012, 09:25:05 PM
Which was it supposed to be ?

For the record, I was being truthful.....NO sarcasm.

Corrected.
I heart thebaron
September 26, 2012, 08:49:56 PM
either you're sick and that's the best sarcasm I've ever seen from you.

Huh ?

either you're sick and OR that's the best sarcasm I've ever seen from you.

....or....

either you're sick and that's the best sarcasm I've ever seen from you......OR....

Which was it supposed to be ?

For the record, I was being truthful.....NO sarcasm.
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
September 26, 2012, 08:31:30 PM
I don't think that it's fair to simply call all 'banks' or savings plans that exist on the forum, an outright scam or cancer.
There are still a few honest guys that do a decent job of transparent lending/savings plans etc, so I would like to think that there is still a future for some of them.

The unfortunate fact of the matter is, most of the recent 'problems', are all tied to a single entity and the exposure that people had to it.

At the end of the day, some of these so-called 'Cancers' stand to lose far more than many average users combined, if a certain defaulted 'bank' does not repay, especially those who are currently going 'out of pocket' to repay their own Investors, even though the bulk of their funds are still missing currently.

This has been a huge lesson learned, for alot of people.

I still have high regards for those who are currently moving forward (perhaps operating 'with a limp') and repaying their Investors (even contrary to the terms that the Investors originally agreed to, ie. Default = 100% loss, no insurance...etc).

The past 6 Weeks has been a constant Witch Hunt and has ruined the reputations of more respected forum members than it should have.

either you're sick and or that's the best sarcasm I've ever seen from you.
I heart thebaron
September 26, 2012, 08:22:33 PM
I don't think that it's fair to simply call all 'banks' or savings plans that exist on the forum, an outright scam or cancer.
There are still a few honest guys that do a decent job of transparent lending/savings plans etc, so I would like to think that there is still a future for some of them.

The unfortunate fact of the matter is, most of the recent 'problems', are all tied to a single entity and the exposure that people had to it.

At the end of the day, some of these so-called 'Cancers' stand to lose far more than many average users combined, if a certain defaulted 'bank' does not repay, especially those who are currently going 'out of pocket' to repay their own Investors, even though the bulk of their funds are still missing currently.

This has been a huge lesson learned, for alot of people.

I still have high regards for those who are currently moving forward (perhaps operating 'with a limp') and repaying their Investors (even contrary to the terms that the Investors originally agreed to, ie. Default = 100% loss, no insurance...etc).

The past 6 Weeks has been a constant Witch Hunt and has ruined the reputations of more respected forum members than it should have.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1099
September 26, 2012, 02:52:49 PM
I hope they round up every ponzi and "bank" on the forum. They are a cancer on bitcoin, and make us all look bad.

Yep.

Activity: 700
daytrader/superhero
September 26, 2012, 02:44:43 PM
I hope they round up every ponzi and "bank" on the forum. They are a cancer on bitcoin, and make us all look bad.
legendary
Merit: 1099
September 25, 2012, 03:56:06 PM

It is positive for bitcoin as a whole, assuming the S.E.C. only targets those breaking existing laws, and not simply all bitcoin users.

There are many legitimate, lawful uses of bitcoin and it can only be a good thing for that to be on the record.

It was clear to anyone sane that Pirate's returns did not match anything in the known lawful universe.  Or to quote Gavin,

So-called high yield investments are (almost?) always dressed-up Ponzi schemes.

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
September 25, 2012, 03:28:22 PM
The investigator will not pick up the phone anyone else have luck? Next the FTC will be after butterfly labs lol
He did.  I talked to him.

Oh, they've been reached quite all right https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/got-off-the-phone-with-the-guy-from-the-sec-112438

The party boat is coming for pirate.
First off: Never in my phone call did he say pirate was going to prison.  They are investigating it, but anything can happen.

Wait, so Shavers was already convicted?
No, they are doing an investigation.  See above response as well.
Any chance we can get a rundown of your call?
http://pastebin.com/RPKW4XkK

Thanks, that's very interesting. This could have some impact on bitcoin indeed. Wonder what's next, but I guess the 12st of october have something to do with it.
Activity: 854
September 25, 2012, 03:23:27 PM
The investigator will not pick up the phone anyone else have luck? Next the FTC will be after butterfly labs lol

Oh, they've been reached quite all right https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/got-off-the-phone-with-the-guy-from-the-sec-112438

First off: Never in my phone call did he say pirate was going to prison.  They are investigating it, but anything can happen.

http://pastebin.com/RPKW4XkK
Activity: 448
September 25, 2012, 03:13:00 PM
I just called to make sure the email was not a spoof lol So he can change the title to Emails not alleged they are as real as can be. The thing is people here think I told him things he already did not know. If he had all those emails do you think they have already not started to dig?
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
September 25, 2012, 03:07:13 PM
I have no doubt that by the end of today, Philip Moustakis will have received emails describing every Bitcoin hack, theft and scam to date in great detail.

That would require a week long phone call
 Grin
Activity: 854
September 25, 2012, 03:06:51 PM

Sure.  I'll make a pastebin in a sec so that when people ask, I paste a link.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
September 25, 2012, 05:03:26 AM
I have no doubt that by the end of today, Philip Moustakis will have received emails describing every Bitcoin hack, theft and scam to date in great detail.

Which is to say, in greatly erroneous detail. The poor guy has a private emailed copy of knowyourmeme + SA by now.
legendary
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
September 25, 2012, 02:39:20 AM
And here I thought these forums were caveat emptor.  The moment you lose, though, you run crying to the Big Government you hate so much to clean up your mess for you.  I guess you'll start paying taxes on your bitcoin earnings now that you're defending them with federal socialized resources.
I think you don't understand what "caveat emptor" is. You may want to check out the wikipedia page. In particular, this portion: "The only exception was if the seller actively concealed latent defects or otherwise made material misrepresentations amounting to fraud."
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 25, 2012, 02:08:05 AM

Well, Pirate sure did great things for Bitcoin then, didn't he ?......

"just selling coins through out of the system"......"Dead Man's Switch".......FUCKING BULLSHIT.

I am a firm believer in the scorched earth way of doing business, so if I don't get my BTC back from him, I will make sure he doesn't get to keep them either.

I am very curious how you plan on doing that.

ALSO FTFY. Can't misquote the great pirate quotes LOL! PussyAt30.......
I heart thebaron
September 25, 2012, 12:00:57 AM

Well, Pirate sure did great things for Bitcoin then, didn't he ?......

"just selling coins through the system"......"Dead Man's Switch".......FUCKING BULLSHIT.

I am a firm believer in the scorched earth way of doing business, so if I don't get my BTC back from him, I will make sure he doesn't get to keep them either.
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
September 24, 2012, 11:54:28 PM
and this actually surprises people here?

It seems the problem for some people is they think the law of the land does not actually apply to Bitcoin, but believe me uncle sam does not care if your trading in Bitcoins or camel dung, he's going to get his piece of the pie.

Was that intentional?
Activity: 868
September 24, 2012, 11:50:50 PM
Activity: 896
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
September 24, 2012, 11:43:20 PM
and this actually surprises people here?

It seems the problem for some people is they think the law of the land does not actually apply to Bitcoin, but believe me uncle sam does not care if your trading in Bitcoins or camel dung, he's going to get his piece of the pie.

Pages:
Jump to: