Pages:
Author

Topic: The reason people do not want to invest in crypto - page 32. (Read 18926 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
there is no way to ensure that this technology will not become obsolete for several months. T
Any other perspective technologies you've got on your mind that could replace blockchain?
If not, then why would you say it could become obsolete (especially in several months)?
New solutions (like Lightning network) are being developed over several years, and it definitely takes a lot of time to implement new technologies.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 295
GOD is TRUE
A lot of people are afraid of any innovations and dont want to take risks because they have already got used to the traditional system. I think it is a matter of time and in the nearest future everything will change
Yes, the two main reasons are fear and lack of knowledge. Many just heard about cryptocurrencies on TV, but they do not have any understanding.

I think it is our duty to teach them, everything about cryptocurrency comes from the courage to believe, in this case the government has not been so important to be a benchmark because they themselves still look confused, but make sure you have to absorb knowledge in general because a lot of investment which is detrimental, we must distinguish between investments that already have a market and on the other hand is a ponzi pattern.
Activity: 364
BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor
A lot of people are afraid of any innovations and dont want to take risks because they have already got used to the traditional system. I think it is a matter of time and in the nearest future everything will change
Yes, the two main reasons are fear and lack of knowledge. Many just heard about cryptocurrencies on TV, but they do not have any understanding.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
Crypto has too much bad news from bitcoin and ponzi investment sites. These are bad news and they focus on their bad, they do not look at the good of blockchain and the impact of crypto and blockchain on the future of humanity. They think that the crypto risk is too great and not the same as their investment experience.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Fluctuative price and high risk. I don't recommended that people invest their real money into cryptocurrency such as bitcoin or altcoin. But, if you are bounty hunter, you can invest some money to invest in crypto. Because, source of it not real money but payment from your work as bounty hunter.
Activity: 588
In my village many people not make invest in crypto because some people has negatif thinking with online investment, because many people here was get frauds with online HYIP and make them lose in big money. They thinking all online investment include crypto is frauds and just use ponzi scheme that will make them lose. They not really understanding what is blockchain technology and how does it work and they dont know the benefits of it.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
number one reason why people do not want to invest in crypto is that they have little or no knowledge about cryptocurrency and you cannot invest in something you do not know. secondly, I have discovered that a lot of people are afraid of losing their money and this has made them stop giving crypto investment a trial. thirdly, the previous failure is another reason why people do not want to invest in crypto anymore. trading crypto involves a lot of risks. in fact, there is just a little difference between gambbling and trading
Activity: 102
Merit: 5
Looking at where I am from, a lot of people still shy away from online investments as it is tagged because of the high rate of it being a scam and also their literacy level. Most people actually lack information. If they would only open up to new ideas and learn, the fear would be gone. This is because basically fear comes when you lack a know-how info.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
They do not want to invest their money simply because they do not believe in something that they cannot have a hard  proof and they cannot have it physically.  Cryptos are digital and it is difficult to persuade some maybe because it is not regulated by the government so they feel that there is no security at all.
many factors that prevent them from investing in ICO. well, maybe they see so many projects that fail, or become a scam, therefore they become afraid. or they see the price of the coin being dumped, and have acquaintances affected. they are all afraid of the risks.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
I think the issue here is more political than business. Politics is an important segment in any business, and if politicians are cautious about cryptocurrency, then the investor will also be the same.
A common person cannot grasp the idea of bitcoin and digital market. Technology is a cause of fear for many people because they are unable to use it and find it difficult to deal with. Old generation or he elders who have money, majority of it does not understand computer related inventions well. And as you have said, government is also playing a significant role in defaming bitcoin and altcoins.
Activity: 296
Merit: 13
They do not want to invest their money simply because they do not believe in something that they cannot have a hard  proof and they cannot have it physically.  Cryptos are digital and it is difficult to persuade some maybe because it is not regulated by the government so they feel that there is no security at all.
Activity: 44
Merit: 2
1. Blockchain has a long way to go to be a practical solution
Businesses will not miss the opportunity until the technology demonstrates its scalability. However, this can not be proven in the real world until the companies make the leap and produce a concrete result, not an experiment. Moreover, not all industries will benefit from blockchain, while other industries may face a costly and time-consuming conversion process so they choose blockchain over a network. now available.
2. Too easy to join
The real concern with a low barrier to participation is that there is no way to ensure that this technology will not become obsolete for several months. This is another reason why businesses have not implemented blockchain technology. Why invest in a blockchain while only a few months later will have a better blockchain next generation? Replacing and upgrading can be costly and time consuming.
3. Very few tangible means value of crypto.
One of the biggest misconceptions with digital currency is its mass acceptance of tokens, meaning that they are successful. Unfortunately, using a virtual currency does not necessarily generate revenue or profit for developers behind the token. Furthermore, blockchain technology tends to hold long-term potential values, not the token itself. Therefore, buying into a token that does not actually acquire ownership in the base blockchain does not make sense to the investor.
4. Tax situation is a nightmare
Investing in the crypto algorithm means that you need to track the increase and decrease in capital for each transaction. Even using your token to purchase goods and services will also serve as a taxable service, in line with the Tax Administration's tax guidelines.

Are you the author a Vietnamese with the name Tuan ?

I wish to add 1 more ridiculous reason from Vietnam. Here in my country, media calls cryptocurrencies "virtual money" (tiền ảo)

That cunning word makes people have really bad prejudice about cryptocurrencies and they do not want to learn or to care about blockchain nature of cryptocurrencies anymore. Many of the others hold or join cryptocurrencies just because they are greedy for a super profit.

I have a friend, an older friend. He joined Onecoin, Swisscoin, BEC, Bitkingdom ... all kinds of MLM "virtual money" scam and he does not have even a satoshi in his electronic wallet. He does not want to care Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple ... or anything I introduced. Because he thinks those things are not for sure and "guaranteed" profit. He loves the MLM commission and has no idea about genuine cryptocurrencies for years.

I am also a victim of the cunning media in Vietnam with their super word "virtual money".
In 2010, I began to notice Bitcoin. But I did not have much time to find or read about blockchain. So my initial interest was immediately extinguished after I read some news that called Bitcoin "virtual" money and warned the people about scam.
Just until 2016, I came to read about Bitcoin and blockchain. I knew it was a new era. But it was too late to make millionaire dream come true.

Yes, "virtual money" ! That is the word they call cryptocurrencies in Vietnam. Many of people think "WTH ? Even real money can be lost, how can virtual money be safe ?"
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
I think the reason why people do not want to invest in crypto because they dont have enough idea about the cryptocurrency, they are too scared to get scammed or to lose, and maybe they are not open-minded about it.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
Society in the world is not very positive about crypto, in 2-3 years it will no longer be a problem and many new investors will come in the crypto sphere.
I agree with your opinion. It must really take some time for society to get used to crypto. I think a maximum a year to wait.
Indeed, I, too, so believe. Society is very fearful configured. Especially in many countries do not know what bitcoin is.
Activity: 693
Not all people doesn't know about on crypto, or they don't really know how to use it, or on how to invest. Because not all people in a crypto world are really known how to join and to use or invest.
Yes, I believe that is the main reason too. Because not all people are aware about this new technology, the fact is that people born on 80's or even 90's are not so online hobbyist and other are others that afraid to invest because of security reasons for being a decentralized system is hard to recover asset if there is an error in handling for there is no third party for the recovery and lastly that bitcoin is internet based and there more hackers that can possibly steal one's asset if we are not so aware about internet security.
Activity: 372
There's many reason why they not want to invest in crypto some of them are have lack of knowledge about cryptocurrencies,scared to invest their money and scared to lose and scared to frauders/scammer. Some reason like that is the one of the reason of why don't want to invest because we all know that cryptocurrencies is decentralized is hard to recover our money if one person scam us.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
Bitcoin is very different than the traditional investment instruments. People believe there must be government behind any investment instrument. So they stay away from crypto currency.
Activity: 271
1. Blockchain has a long way to go to be a practical solution
Businesses will not miss the opportunity until the technology demonstrates its scalability. However, this can not be proven in the real world until the companies make the leap and produce a concrete result, not an experiment. Moreover, not all industries will benefit from blockchain, while other industries may face a costly and time-consuming conversion process so they choose blockchain over a network. now available.
2. Too easy to join
The real concern with a low barrier to participation is that there is no way to ensure that this technology will not become obsolete for several months. This is another reason why businesses have not implemented blockchain technology. Why invest in a blockchain while only a few months later will have a better blockchain next generation? Replacing and upgrading can be costly and time consuming.
3. Very few tangible means value of crypto.
One of the biggest misconceptions with digital currency is its mass acceptance of tokens, meaning that they are successful. Unfortunately, using a virtual currency does not necessarily generate revenue or profit for developers behind the token. Furthermore, blockchain technology tends to hold long-term potential values, not the token itself. Therefore, buying into a token that does not actually acquire ownership in the base blockchain does not make sense to the investor.
4. Tax situation is a nightmare
Investing in the crypto algorithm means that you need to track the increase and decrease in capital for each transaction. Even using your token to purchase goods and services will also serve as a taxable service, in line with the Tax Administration's tax guidelines.
You can see that from late 2017 to early 2018 the price of bitcoin and altcoin has been decreasing continuously, the market capitalization has only a time of just over 200 billion, which are signs that investors have Start taking profits and withdraw from the market. You can see that by the end of 2017 bitcoin prices have spiked and peaked at $ 19800 hook.
Society in the world is not very positive about crypto, in 2-3 years it will no longer be a problem and many new investors will come in the crypto sphere.
I agree with your opinion. It must really take some time for society to get used to crypto. I think a maximum a year to wait.
Pages:
Jump to: