Pages:
Author

Topic: The return of ICOs - page 5. (Read 2866 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 100
August 05, 2020, 03:31:40 PM
Of course, return ICO is possible. But after the disappointment it has brought to many investors, I don't think it will be easy to gain trust. People are learning from their mistakes and are now choosing a safer method of investing in a project.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 105
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
August 05, 2020, 11:33:52 AM
I do hope a better approach to raising funds in the space would be discovered and utilized.
of course there will be other ways to sell tokens, maybe binance will make a new way, we don't know. what we need to do now is keep investing in IEO on the top exchange and forget ICO
I think it is not necessary to create new ways to sell tokens. IEO will be the best and safe way for all participants, as long as it is done by large exchanges, I believe that investors will always be profitable with IEO.
Activity: 1063
Merit: 253
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
August 05, 2020, 11:06:32 AM
I'm of the opinion that ICO's are gone for good. The Cryptocurrency industry once gave it a shot and it was compromised by several scam projects who parted away with investors funds and gave the industry a bad reputation. Since people have lost trust in ICO's, we were introduced to the IEO and that's also on the verge of extinction. I do hope a better approach to raising funds in the space would be discovered and utilized.
Indeed, ICOs have made many people lose. So I believe that no one will ever venture to invest in it again. In 2018 I lost more than $ 12k just because of ICOs, and I never trust any ICOs since then.
If that's your own decision I respect what you have been taking but I just realize if the fact that some icos have been starting to get a lot of funds again from the market. That means if everything is still fine right now but the investors actively DYOR to the any ICO.
Activity: 561
Merit: 101
https://imgur.com/cUCkVsv
August 05, 2020, 10:35:47 AM
I do hope a better approach to raising funds in the space would be discovered and utilized.
of course there will be other ways to sell tokens, maybe binance will make a new way, we don't know. what we need to do now is keep investing in IEO on the top exchange and forget ICO
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
August 05, 2020, 10:29:55 AM
I'm of the opinion that ICO's are gone for good. The Cryptocurrency industry once gave it a shot and it was compromised by several scam projects who parted away with investors funds and gave the industry a bad reputation. Since people have lost trust in ICO's, we were introduced to the IEO and that's also on the verge of extinction. I do hope a better approach to raising funds in the space would be discovered and utilized.
Indeed, ICOs have made many people lose. So I believe that no one will ever venture to invest in it again. In 2018 I lost more than $ 12k just because of ICOs, and I never trust any ICOs since then.
copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
August 05, 2020, 08:49:19 AM
It would be nice to have ICO's return back to the cryptocurrency industry. Though they were once popular before the advent of IEO. I know IEO are very expensive for the projects. I know projects that paid substantial sums for IEO and didn't get any sales. The best exchange to be used for tokensales are the big exchange like binance and others. They guarantee a good buy within short periods of time.
Activity: 271
August 05, 2020, 08:13:23 AM
I feel ICO never left

Exactly. ICO had to lay low for a while, while some quality projects succeeded, and cleared its reputation, which was bad because the scam projects in 2017, 2018.
The success of ICO will be determined by the project itself whether it will have filled all of expectations that have already putted by investors. The investors will become the real judgement for the credibility of ico to be used as an investment place.
copper member
Activity: 210
August 05, 2020, 07:50:24 AM
copper member
Activity: 93
Merit: 0
August 05, 2020, 06:58:32 AM
I feel ICO never left

Exactly. ICO had to lay low for a while, while some quality projects succeeded, and cleared its reputation, which was bad because the scam projects in 2017, 2018.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
August 05, 2020, 06:56:06 AM
yes you are right but to join IEO you should choose the top exchange because if we choose an IEO that is done on a small exchange then it will be very easy for the token to be dumped even more worthless

If your entire budget for the project is in the $2 million - $5 million range, then it won't be viable to list the tokens in major exchanges. Because exchanges such as Binance and Huobi have increased their listing fee very steeply. They ask for up to $5 million for a single listing. And this amount can be more than the project pool. Smaller and medium sized projects can't afford to list their tokens with these exchanges.
Activity: 672
Merit: 109
August 05, 2020, 06:33:15 AM
I believe that ICO can return in some way but probably it will be STO with SEC permission for accredited investors and it will be hard for usual person to take part in this sales.
Activity: 1183
Merit: 251
August 05, 2020, 05:28:22 AM
ICO are bad idea nowadays, investors don't trust them anymore, if any new project have to use ICO to raise fund for development it should have better exposure and better partnerships for investors to develop interest
It looks like you didn't even realize if there was a bunch of icos that have been getting funded by investors and you should see the truth that was happening. I think that investors will be putting only their money into the ico that has already showed a very good progress but it's not yet dead.
Activity: 728
August 05, 2020, 01:04:28 AM
I am sure ICO is not possible to return again, because investors no longer believe and are no longer interested in investing
in the ICO project. Now investors prefer investing in IEO projects which are safer, because it is definitely listing on exchanges.
So once the promotion or sale of tokens ends, we can immediately open trading.
yes you are right but to join IEO you should choose the top exchange because if we choose an IEO that is done on a small exchange then it will be very easy for the token to be dumped even more worthless
Activity: 1876
Merit: 318
August 04, 2020, 11:53:19 PM
I am sure ICO is not possible to return again, because investors no longer believe and are no longer interested in investing
in the ICO project. Now investors prefer investing in IEO projects which are safer, because it is definitely listing on exchanges.
So once the promotion or sale of tokens ends, we can immediately open trading.
Activity: 38
Merit: 2
August 04, 2020, 11:24:25 PM
I feel ICO never left
Activity: 26
August 04, 2020, 08:53:06 PM
With this Defi hype, yes, I believe ICO's comeback is possible. People started investing in projects once again, and almost every Defi project is raising money from the ICO sale, not IEO! Oikos Defi was sold more than 50% through ICO; even they raised 2 Million USD from the presale! Recent DIA Defi managed enough investors for their private sale and bonding sale! People left ICO because scammers ruined that, but when good startups are coming with unique technology, people do not fear to invest in those ICO sales!

Agreed! We should not stop counting on the ICO model just because some scammers used to ICOs*, and use it for the personal financial gain.

* ICOs plan and program became 'the same for every project'. As a template. List of documentation, airdrop, bounty, 2-3 ICO raising stages, and that's it. Without putting effort into security, technology innovations and product. Scammers oversaw it, and used to this 'roadmap' and many ICO pages built on the Wordpress instead of custom coded web-page (security)...and used the situation. It can happen and will happen all the time. But this should be only the motivation for projects - how to overcome scamming situation and offer even better ICO mode and roadmap to the community.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 103
COMBO 2.0
August 03, 2020, 07:45:45 PM
ICOs basically ruin Cryptocurrencies and also made investor fear Crypto IEOs are fixing their mess So basically I think we should stick with The IEO I mean most IEOs these days are really successful Just check out Binance IEO They do make huge returns and they are really good
Activity: 686
Merit: 125
August 03, 2020, 07:16:30 PM
Still ICO are most likely are fraud. There are few quite good project but it is hard for them to find due to the fact that there are many scam projects. This is why finding them would need extra time.and patient. One should.not decide to join without checking first the project carefully studying it and also asking the team and see for yourself how they will respond. Most likely scammers offer huge amount of.bounties to which we can say that it is nearly impossible for them to.give that kind of bounties.
Activity: 573
August 03, 2020, 06:06:31 PM
 it looks like IEO has completely replaced ICO due to what investors were facing with many ICO who never made it to any exchange after  collecting money from investors. Some who got listed dumped the token on investors and exit scam . But presently IEO has taken over and serious  minded developers are successfully raising fund using some good exchange for IEO.
Activity: 377
Merit: 13
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
August 03, 2020, 05:11:05 PM
Most of ICOs are scam. Why should anyone take risk investi on ICOs, when they have oppourtunity to invest on IEOs? IEOs token might be dump but investors atleast sell that token on exchange and can get a little amount of money. On the contrary, ICOs would scam everything from investors. So return of the ICOs is not possible cause nobody would accept it anymore
Pages:
Jump to: