Pages:
Author

Topic: The Story of Bob Surplus - page 13. (Read 54986 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
December 22, 2014, 06:51:27 PM
This story is THE reason I chose to go with NOBL.

Why?  Is NOBL a BOB coin.

It's not and we'd like to keep it that way.

99.9% of the alts out there are not and will never be a BOB coin so I guess that makes ShitCoin and NUGGETS a Super Strong Buy.  haha!
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
December 22, 2014, 06:33:57 PM

It's not and we'd like to keep it that way.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
December 22, 2014, 06:32:58 PM

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
December 22, 2014, 05:13:11 PM
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
December 22, 2014, 01:41:28 PM
I doubt any one of them cares about redemption, they have made their profit.

Fantastic piece, a must read for any newbie entering the world of alt currencies.
well, if some noobie wants the executive summary, here it is:
Don't trade with scammers,
Don't join p&d group, you will likely be scammed by your "leader" who will ask you to pump, while he dumps
(that what happen in every p&d group as "foot soldiers" are the main buy support  Grin)
Don't buy IPO coin, they are manipulated by p&d group
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
December 22, 2014, 01:10:24 PM

Very interesting story.  Not many  posts that long worth reading but this one is.
Activity: 639
Merit: 500
December 22, 2014, 12:39:52 PM
I doubt any one of them cares about redemption, they have made their profit.

Fantastic piece, a must read for any newbie entering the world of alt currencies.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
meow
December 22, 2014, 10:24:27 AM
Bob Surplus will be in the history books.

Once the US passes a law to prosecute all past scammers, we'll see some justice.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
December 22, 2014, 08:50:36 AM
Activity: 656
Buy a gun!
December 22, 2014, 07:16:51 AM
I will buy a crypto story book to read to my kids. Super heroes (if there are any) and villains.
legendary
December 21, 2014, 09:13:53 PM
If anyone has more stories like this http://thecryptonewsnetwork.com/ has just launched with anonymous chat and anonymous posting. If people would like to write this way for the altcoin community please contact me on chat on the site.

Welcome to Thecryptonewsnetwork

It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
Activity: 1082
Merit: 505
A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.
December 21, 2014, 09:05:45 PM
If anyone has more stories like this http://thecryptonewsnetwork.com/ has just launched with anonymous chat and anonymous posting. If people would like to write this way for the altcoin community please contact me on chat on the site.
Activity: 714
December 21, 2014, 09:01:22 PM
That's crazy. I've made no friends on here or chatted to anyone about any coins. I made shitloads of money on these coins not realising all that was going on in the background lol. Too easy to predict the action based on simple forum psychology.

You guys should remember that there are real players in this game too. Your story fails to account for everyone not in the treehouse club.

Awesome write nevertheless! Want to read more!
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
December 21, 2014, 08:55:18 PM
+10, B.

Though I don't think J is actually the Messiah, probably just a very naughty boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af9EHtQMMc4
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
December 21, 2014, 07:58:12 PM
We are, as in many cases, at the part of the narrative where a messiah is awaited.

I believe the messiah has been around for a while now. It's James Lee, Jdl777.

And he can afford to play straight and not die at all.
legendary
December 21, 2014, 07:36:52 PM
How existential this has turned.
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
December 21, 2014, 06:05:58 PM
Regarding the recent discussions of greek vs christian mythology:

In, our tale, there was no redemption. The Salamander escapes, yes, but it is quite doubtful to me that he returns redeemed.

My guess is that the greek paradigm what is past is prologue will carry the day over any optimistic, christian redemptive  attempts at rescuing the Salamander - or ourselves, for that matter.

My guess is, the Salamander will return, and it will be same shit. Different day.

Yes I agree. I don't think that the Salamander will return redeemed. That is not within the curve of the narrative.

Also, if he were to be redeemed, he would first have to return for vengeance, only to find himself transformed - perhaps despite himself - into the other.

But I don't think that people get redeemed when someone decides to embark on a mission to redeem them. It is too difficult to contrive circumstances appropriate to the task. The protagonist has to set himself against the martyr. The martyr is not the sort of character to deceptively make himself the enemy of the protagonist, since premeditated deception is never in keeping with love. So it has to happen organically. And it probably won't.

The narrative of Christendom isn't specifically one of redemption though (that's something the Hollywood pop-pysch peddling scriptwriters got wrong). It's a narrative of death and resurrection. That's what real protagonists go through - at least metaphorically, and out of love - in narratives with any real lasting power.

I cannot give you a better moral world than you are yourselves creating, in this, your only waking moment. Don't expect thieves to -  out of nowhere  - bring morality to your amoral picnic.

You are very right about this. We are, as in many cases, at the part of the narrative where a messiah is awaited. We have ransacked Bitcointalk, and crypto is a wasteland. Thieves will certainly not bring morality to our "picnic." Until someone is prepared to die for their enemies, there will be nothing new under the sun.

legendary
December 21, 2014, 05:50:02 PM
Gentle readers.

Greetings from the darkness.

It was not my intention to speak again. When the words the end are spoken, one must have good reasons indeed to speak again.

So many fine words written from all of you. So many kind words. Thank you.

In, our tale, there was no redemption. The Salamander escapes, yes, but it is quite doubtful to me that he returns redeemed.

My guess is that the greek paradigm what is past is prologue will carry the day over any optimistic, christian redemptive  attempts at rescuing the Salamander - or ourselves, for that matter.

My guess is, the Salamander will return, and it will be same shit. Different day.

To my gentle readers who murmured, the end seems somewhat hasty  i can only concur. You are right.

I grew physically ill from the tale. Its telling, its complete lack of any moral redemption.  

My less than gentle readers attempted to hurl this very amorality back upon me.You said, yes, a fine piece of writing, but you are just glorifying thieves.

My question to them remains unanswered: why are BitSwift and BitBay still trading at the same level? Why are those devs still fully in control, supported by their communities?

I cannot give you a better moral world than you are yourselves creating, in this, your only waking moment. Don't expect thieves to -  out of nowhere  - bring morality to your amoral picnic.

Some of you are convinced that i am the Salamander. I am not. A second read of the story will surely clear that up for you.

As for Bob, the story is perhaps not over. After all, unpaid soldiers become ronin. And ronin do not simply disappear.

If it isn't Ryan himself, then it is someone really close to him... maybe even "Holly, from Taiwan", a somewhat key piece in this simple puzzle and, definitely, the key to the undoing of both Robert and Ryan. Don't lose her trail because, for sure, this isn't the last we have or will hear of her.

As for TheSound and the Fury, your tale is wonderfully framed and written, precisely because there's no redemption. There can't be any. This is Ripley (from Plein Soleil, not from Alien) and Brutus, make no mistake about it, not Jordan Belfort. Belfort had balls. He refused to be sheep and assumed the risk that went with it, much like Vito Corleone. Here, just a bunch of cowards plotting in the dark on unruled (yet) territory, assuming no risk whatsoever. There are no "soldiers" here. Not even mercenaries, just a bunch of despicable, cowardly plotters. Lets forget distracting euphemisms. If there's any redeeming quality here, it belongs solely to Robert, Bob, Bobby. Everyone knows who he is. When law enforcement comes calling, guess who's gonna have a rather buffed cell companion for quite a few years? Maybe Ryan will fall also. Zimbeck the Turd? No way. He will weasel his way out of this by staying somewhere in Asia or even Europe, the Halo and BC and BAY a distant nightmare and still trying to con his way out and not working for a living, but I doubt in jail where he belongs.

The cowardly plotters will.... plot, of course. Always in the dark. Always behind a flickering screen. Spraying lies as abject as they can concoct -or as they are told- hoping for the wages of sin and, on a much more secondary level, some pathetic cyber-revenge. Maybe charging a few Walmart items on Bob's credit card.

Some ronin.
Activity: 30
Merit: 70
December 21, 2014, 04:15:26 PM
Gentle readers.

Greetings from the darkness.

It was not my intention to speak again. When the words the end are spoken, one must have good reasons indeed to speak again.

So many fine words written from all of you. So many kind words. Thank you.

To my gentle readers who murmured, the end seems somewhat hasty  i can only concur. You are right.

I grew physically ill from the tale. Its telling, its complete lack of any moral redemption.  

My less than gentle readers attempted to hurl this very amorality back upon me.You said, yes, a fine piece of writing, but you are just glorifying thieves.

My question to them remains unanswered: why are BitSwift and BitBay still trading at the same level? Why are those devs still fully in control, supported by their communities?

Some of you are convinced that i am the Salamander. I am not. A second read of the story will surely clear that up for you.

As for Bob, the story is perhaps not over. After all, unpaid soldiers become ronin. And ronin do not simply disappear.

legendary
December 21, 2014, 03:38:30 PM
edit: wondering as well "what christianity did to the roman empire" (and how that compare to what Mandela did to apartheid)...

Christianity transformed the Roman Empire into itself, from within.

Mandela transformed South Africa into a nation in his own image - one founded upon a narrative of humility, forgiveness, and celebration of diversity.

Incidentally, Ghandi's nonviolent protest did the same basic thing: it transformed the colonials into individuals who could do nothing but respect their victims as human beings, and in so doing see them as like each other.

Add to this the great archetype of self-sacrificial love: Jesus.

The process in each case is the same:
- treat your enemies in a self-sacrificial way
- don't oppose your enemies; don't fight them; don't hate them; give them respect and sacrifice yourself for this
- at some point the enemies start to adopt the same stance toward you that you take toward them
- henceforth, they can no longer be your enemies; you've transformed them - at your own expense
- the revolution is thus complete; the narrative concluded, leaving no fallen mighty ones to rise up again and wreak revenge.

Nice essays. But not even par with the course with The Sound and the Fury's "story" which leaves obvious clues as to who The Salamander is and who the narrator may be. As the only main character not called by his real name, it is blatantly obvious, it is Ryan Wrights. The fixer. Is he the narrator too? That's for you, the reader, to decide. Does it matter? Not really. The piece is priceless as literature
Shocked  Grin  3 pages with a rushed ending... When was the last time you saw a real book ?  Grin

By "real book" you probably mean Jackie Collins... in which case a very long time ago. Appropriately enough one of my most recent has been a (third) read of "Chronicle of a Death Foretold".... but you wouldn't know the difference between that and the behind the scenes story of the Kardashians.
Pages:
Jump to: