Author

Topic: The UFC Info and Prediction Thread - page 125. (Read 93518 times)

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
August 02, 2023, 07:21:48 AM
I am giving credits to Pereira and I had my doubts about him going one division higher after losing from Adesanya, but he proved me wrong.
I think it's time for Tony Ferguson to finally retire after losing so many fights in a row, it is sad to watch him like this and Dana is just milking him for more money.
Derrick Lewis is back with a win and I was sure he was going out similar way like Ferguson, but maybe we are going to see few more good fights from him.

It's really hard to win after a loss especially when you get knocked out by your past opponent because the emotional damage will be the main problem for you to not to focus and be scared to attack in your next fight. Thankfully he handled it well and managed to beat his opponent in the upper weight class and he should be staying there for a while in order to be comfortable until getting a worthy opponent once again. As for Tony Ferguson, he has done a good job to accept that fight but that's not gonna work well just like that, and losing that fight might gonna be considered for him to finally retire for real.
Activity: 882
Merit: 792
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
August 02, 2023, 07:10:46 AM
How similar was Justin Gaethje kick to Leon Edwards' kick. It was an awesome finish. He was in the same hall when Edwards kicked us, by the way, this cage has magical results every time. The hit and fall were almost the same. Justin got the BMF belt, he finished fiziev before, now it's Dustin Porier's walk to a very solid summit. The finish was pretty flashy, I think it might be the best finish of his career. Next will be a bigger test for Justin. Charles and Islam are getting pretty hot again in the lightweight to match the cauldron of the match. Wow, that's a pretty good card. Head kick City Hell.

Was it Justin Gaethje that Conor McGregor was talking about with his tweet promising he’d be able to knock him out with one shot? It seemed a bit like this was the fight to decide who gets to face off against McGregor at the end of the year. I expected Gaethje to lose if I’m being honest, but now it seems like a Gaethje vs McGregor bout is likely what will happen next. Right?
That fight wouldn't decide who would face off against Conor McGregor because Conor already wanted to fight to Dustin Poirier because he thinks that the result of 3rd match wasn't fair because he broke his leg when he was fighting Dustin. By the way, he was so disrespectful against Poirier that he isn't going to fight with Conor anymore.
Btw, I wanted Dustin to win this fight against Gaethje.

I just watched the fight on youtube. Looked like a fairly even fight going into round 2, Gaethje jad a little cut on his eye but other then that noone looked dominant. That kick that ended it in round 2 came outta nowhere. I'm sure we will see the trilogy soon for these guys. Poirer IMO will take the 3rd match if Gaethje gives him the rematch.
After fight with Khabib, Dustin mastered to block leg kicks (there are memes about this) but Gaethje's kick was so brutal, omg, I was really shocked. Rematch between them will be very interesting and I think that will happen because right now the score is 1-1, 3rd match will decide who is the goat.
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1476
August 02, 2023, 04:47:59 AM
Are you sure about that 3/6 fights thing? I vaguely recall some fighter saying that they got an initial contract for 10 fights, but that was looong time ago, so it might have changed.

First time hearing someone has 10 fight contract. With UFC bondage deals (contract) 10 fight contract is like slavery. But 3/6 fight contract are their default contracts.

Dont know why, but last years every time Ferguson fights, I feel sorry for him. Tony dont want to admin that he is no longer El Cucuy and cast fear to all division. At least he is not in top15 lightweight anymore. I really want UFC give him a farewell fight, but I dont know who would agree to step in and lose, or if he would be given a real underdog, would he accept him as a challenger and would the crown accept this fight to be a fair farewell fight.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
August 01, 2023, 11:56:53 PM
The BMF belt is retarded. I don't like seeing UFC moving further away from the sport towards some WWE-type entertainment.  

That might be the UFC's new tactic for marketing hehehe. WWE and the UFC has merged to become one company operated by the Endeavor Group. The CEO of Endeavor Group is Ari Emannuel who is a super agent who represents the biggest stars in hollywood movies.

Vince McMahon’s World Wrestling Entertainment has agreed to merge with UFC to form a new publicly traded company controlled by Endeavor Group, the companies announced Monday morning.

Endeavor will own a 51% stake in the new combat sports and entertainment company, while WWE shareholders will have the remaining 49%, according to the terms of the agreement.

Source https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/wwe-agrees-merge-ufc-create-new-company-run-ari-emanuel-vince-mcmahon-rcna77880

Also, does anyone know the old HBO show Entourage? The characters are based on real people. The agent in this show is based on Ari Emanuel and the main character is based on Mark Wahlberg hehe. Mark Wahlberg is also a holder of some shares in the UFC.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
August 01, 2023, 05:29:08 PM
The BMF is not really that important but I think some fighters really want to claim it just to be called the BMF, for some reason Conor McGregor wants some additional belt on top of the Championship belt, Many belt much better,

The BMF belt will have a short life if Justin gets the title fight, which he should and that's what he's after. So if the BMF is put on the line it'll get unified with the lightweight title. If UFC want it to be a thing, they'll have to come up with some special rules on how it is to be passed on.

He is on a 6 losing streak now, for sure it is really up to him if he really likes to still fight then he likely is free to do so, it is just me I would likely not forcing him I am really waiting for the day he would likely lay the gloves off that was all,

As I said, he's past his prime, there's no question about that, but if he still feels like he have a couple more fights in him - why not?
And what people tend to forget that 6 losing streak was to guys from the very top, while his 12-win streak was earned mostly on low/average-rated guys. So looking just at wins/losses record can give you a bit distorted picture.

I really looks like his contract is over. UFC either give 3 or 6 fight contracts. If we divide his UFC record to 3 or 6, it would be a round number, which makes he has no more fight. Maybe UFC will offer him sort of a farewell fight, as he said he has lost current mostly due to accidental eye poke (but we have seen the fight and Tony was dominated in every round).

Are you sure about that 3/6 fights thing? I vaguely recall some fighter saying that they got an initial contract for 10 fights, but that was looong time ago, so it might have changed.
And sure, if Tony decided to retire and wanted to do a farewell fight, I'm sure UFC would get that arranged. But it doesn't seem like that's what he's after.

Lewis is pretty old at this point. I don’t know if it is going to be a great performance from him after this. I suspect he might decline in terms of success.

Age is not as important in the heavyweight as it is in the lower divisions. Lewis is still an exciting fighter and that's what the UFC heavyweight desperately needs right now, especially when it's probable that Jon Jones may retire after the Stipe fight.
I'm sure UFC will make Lewis 'some' offer, but it might be worse than what he previously had, and he's at the end of his career so might want to squeeze as much as possible, so if he gets a better offer from elsewhere, he'll probably go for that.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1282
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
August 01, 2023, 01:13:00 PM
This was UFC event with very unexpected results for me, my money was on Jan Błachowicz and Justin Gaethje to do the job a nd win but they both lost  Tongue
I am giving credits to Pereira and I had my doubts about him going one division higher after losing from Adesanya, but he proved me wrong.
I think it's time for Tony Ferguson to finally retire after losing so many fights in a row, it is sad to watch him like this and Dana is just milking him for more money.
Derrick Lewis is back with a win and I was sure he was going out similar way like Ferguson, but maybe we are going to see few more good fights from him.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617
August 01, 2023, 12:25:16 PM
Was it really his last fight on the contract? I know Derrick Lewis in now free agent, but I can't imagine UFC not offering him a new one. As for Tony, I don't know, he still has a big name and could potentially move to other organisation and even get a better money fighting easier fights. But there's no question that his prime years are now gone.
I really looks like his contract is over. UFC either give 3 or 6 fight contracts. If we divide his UFC record to 3 or 6, it would be a round number, which makes he has no more fight. Maybe UFC will offer him sort of a farewell fight, as he said he has lost current mostly due to accidental eye poke (but we have seen the fight and Tony was dominated in every round).
A lot of people still want to see him fight and Lewis obviously still wants to fight under the UFC's banner, so I guess if he doesn't have any medical issues, Dana White and Hunter Campbell could still give him another contract...  I'd expect some announcement in a couple of months.

As for Tony Ferguson, uh man...  I think he should retire.  He isn't the same guy after the beating he got from Justin Gaethje.  That was a solid beating.

Lewis is pretty old at this point. I don’t know if it is going to be a great performance from him after this. I suspect he might decline in terms of success. But I do agree with @tokeweed that a lot of people would still want to see Lewis fight. And of course he’s also going to be interested to fight in the UFC. Because even though a lot of people are saying that that UFC does not be enough money, they are the ones who pay the most. So obviously he’s going to want to stay in the UFC.

It is actually sad to see the turn that the career of Tony Ferguson took. And I also agree that this happened after fight against Justin Gaethje. At this point, it is actually painful to see how he is getting wrecked in the cage. I think he should think about his retirement seriously.

Lewis talking like that on the media when in fact discussions like that are supposed to be in closed doors makes me wanna think he deliberately announced he is a free agent. He must have been given a chance to make good results that's why he worked hard to have those abs and then did the best performance of his life with the flying knee. Announcing he is a free agent probably meant he is open to other promotions. Or probably boxing as well. Though old, he is considerably popular to be part of an exhibition fight.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 301
*STOP NOWHERE*
August 01, 2023, 11:50:24 AM
Was it really his last fight on the contract? I know Derrick Lewis in now free agent, but I can't imagine UFC not offering him a new one. As for Tony, I don't know, he still has a big name and could potentially move to other organisation and even get a better money fighting easier fights. But there's no question that his prime years are now gone.
A lot of people still want to see him fight and Lewis obviously still wants to fight under the UFC's banner, so I guess if he doesn't have any medical issues, Dana White and Hunter Campbell could still give him another contract...  I'd expect some announcement in a couple of months.

As for Tony Ferguson, uh man...  I think he should retire.  He isn't the same guy after the beating he got from Justin Gaethje.  That was a solid beating.

Lewis is pretty old at this point. I don’t know if it is going to be a great performance from him after this. I suspect he might decline in terms of success. But I do agree with @tokeweed that a lot of people would still want to see Lewis fight. And of course he’s also going to be interested to fight in the UFC. Because even though a lot of people are saying that that UFC does not be enough money, they are the ones who pay the most. So obviously he’s going to want to stay in the UFC.

It is actually sad to see the turn that the career of Tony Ferguson took. And I also agree that this happened after fight against Justin Gaethje. At this point, it is actually painful to see how he is getting wrecked in the cage. I think he should think about his retirement seriously.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
August 01, 2023, 08:49:38 AM
He is 39, which is a death sentence for lightweight. What makes me sad, that knowing what kind of person Tony is, he will continue fighting and getting all those strikes to the head, and UFC will keep using his name, even though it was his last fight on the contract.

As for Tony Ferguson, uh man...  I think he should retire.  He isn't the same guy after the beating he got from Justin Gaethje.  That was a solid beating.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 248
August 01, 2023, 05:06:47 AM
I just watched the fight on youtube. Looked like a fairly even fight going into round 2, Gaethje jad a little cut on his eye but other then that noone looked dominant. That kick that ended it in round 2 came outta nowhere. I'm sure we will see the trilogy soon for these guys. Poirer IMO will take the 3rd match if Gaethje gives him the rematch.

for me watching the fight, Justin Gaethje is setting up the whole round 1 calculating and readying for an opening he is setting up with those low kicks and Gaethje with those punches so he would not make a defense for that high kick, well it was set up pretty well by Justin Gaethje that cut on his eye was really nothing, to just he could set up a trap for Dustin Poirier, for me Justin Gaethje has set it up pretty much perfectly even if Poirier could guard the kick he would guard it with just 1 hand, So it was set up smoothly by Justin Gaethje,

I feel so bad for Tony Ferguson. It is so hard to see him fighting now. Once he hold a record of 12 straight wins, but now he is on a 6 lose streak. Yesterdays fight showed that he no longer has speed, reflexes, dont understand how his cabin still survives all those strikes. He is 39, which is a death sentence for lightweight. What makes me sad, that knowing what kind of person Tony is, he will continue fighting and getting all those strikes to the head, and UFC will keep using his name, even though it was his last fight on the contract.

He is not the same anymore even though he is very iconic in my opinion it just doesn't feel the same Tony Ferguson anymore he is just a husk of his old self, even though he still have the technique and skill but the speed and timing was not almost an uterly different person, but knowing Tony Ferguson he would still continue in fighting in the UFC and no one is stopping him for sure but father time,

legendary
August 01, 2023, 02:35:16 AM
He is 39, which is a death sentence for lightweight. What makes me sad, that knowing what kind of person Tony is, he will continue fighting and getting all those strikes to the head, and UFC will keep using his name, even though it was his last fight on the contract.

legendary
Merit: 1169
July 31, 2023, 07:59:04 PM

McGregor will be fighting Chandler next, I believe the fight is already contracted even if there's no date set up yet. It won't be until 2024 as McGregor will have to return to the USADA testing pool, which have six-month testing periods (that could be waived in exceptional circumstances).

The BMF belt is retarded. I don't like seeing UFC moving further away from the sport towards some WWE-type entertainment.  

For some reason, I have already forgotten about the Michael Chandler fight because of The Ultimate Fighter 31 series the two have some beef with each other and really want to
fight in a more profitable manner as you have said UFC is likely beginning to embark on a WWE kind of thing which is why there are some realistic kinds of stuff that likely not really entertaining for me because I don't really watch this kind of reality kind of thing if it's really reality, but sure thing many will watch that because of their show,

The BMF is not really that important but I think some fighters really want to claim it just to be called the BMF, for some reason Conor McGregor wants some additional belt on top of the Championship belt, Many belt much better,

Why though? If he wants to carry on, so be it. I don't subscribe to the opinion that you should quit at your peak or shortly after. Let him retire on his own terms.

He is on a 6 losing streak now, for sure it is really up to him if he really likes to still fight then he likely is free to do so, it is just me I would likely not forcing him I am really waiting for the day he would likely lay the gloves off that was all,

legendary
July 31, 2023, 04:19:45 PM
After I saw this one that Conor McGregor wants the BMF belt I surely doubted that he can win against Dustin Poirier or Justin Geathje, for sure, even if this is a huge profit for the organization because it is Conor McGregor, but yeah Gaethje doesn't want someone that is on drugs well I guest Justin Gaethje just don't want Conor to be involved anymore but for me, I think if Gaethje and McGregor fight now Justin Gaethje will be victorious,

McGregor will be fighting Chandler next, I believe the fight is already contracted even if there's no date set up yet. It won't be until 2024 as McGregor will have to return to the USADA testing pool, which have six-month testing periods (that could be waived in exceptional circumstances).

I'd likely want to see him announce his retirement,

Why though? If he wants to carry on, so be it. I don't subscribe to the opinion that you should quit at your peak or shortly after. Let him retire on his own terms.
legendary
Merit: 1169
July 31, 2023, 02:35:38 PM

Apex will be jampacked once Conor hype the fight with his mouth especially that BMF title doesn't really need much hyping. Gaeth refused Conor though saying he doesn't want to fight someone on drugs. But even if Gaethje agree I think he can beat Conor, it would be an easy defence fight for him to be added under his win record. But probably Gaethje would leave it to Porier to fight Conor.

Gaethje vs Islam might just be.

After I saw this one that Conor McGregor wants the BMF belt I surely doubted that he can win against Dustin Poirier or Justin Geathje, for sure, even if this is a huge profit for the organization because it is Conor McGregor, but yeah Gaethje doesn't want someone that is on drugs well I guest Justin Gaethje just don't want Conor to be involved anymore but for me, I think if Gaethje and McGregor fight now Justin Gaethje will be victorious,

I feel so bad for Tony Ferguson. It is so hard to see him fighting now. Once he hold a record of 12 straight wins, but now he is on a 6 lose streak. Yesterdays fight showed that he no longer has speed, reflexes, dont understand how his cabin still survives all those strikes. He is 39, which is a death sentence for lightweight. What makes me sad, that knowing what kind of person Tony is, he will continue fighting and getting all those strikes to the head, and UFC will keep using his name, even though it was his last fight on the contract.

I'd likely want to see him announce his retirement, but I want him to win just 1 fight, just 1, and I think he can part ways with the UFC, man that fight was really something Bobby Green stepping inside the ring rolling with athleticism looking at the fight Ferguson is like slow without head movement whatsoever in his arsenal and now having those takedowns at the 1st round but you can surely see that Ferguson still got his touches now with that eye poke it was a near No contest again for Bobby Green but knowing Tony Ferguson has a heart of not backing down he continues in fighting well for me both veterans did a great job with their respective fights Dang even with that Submission Tony Ferguson did not tap out,

legendary
July 31, 2023, 01:49:00 PM

As expected, really good fight and none of them held back. I feel a bit sorry for Poirier, he spotted that kick and tried to block it but he was a split second too slow.
The trilogy would make sense. I don't think any of them want to fight anyone below the top 5. Gaethje might get a title shot next and after that they might go for the 3rd time.

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 4370
🤑 Free Bets have been credited 🤑
July 31, 2023, 01:12:39 PM
Sportsbet.io - UFC on ESPN 50 - Multi Master Challenge - (Saturday)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sportsbetio-ufc-on-espn-50-multi-master-challenge-saturday-5461607
legendary
July 31, 2023, 08:50:41 AM

Here's next event's roster...  Decent card for a Fight Night imho.

Once again you have to do whole work yourself Cheesy

Mther fkers...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
July 31, 2023, 08:28:17 AM
I think not many of you expected that Derrick "Black Beast Jorge Masvidal" Lewis would start the fight with a flying knee Cheesy Even though de Lima blocked it or Lewis did not manage to connect properly, but that still dazed. 33 seconds, isnt it faster knockout in UFC heavyweight division?

Once again you have to do whole work yourself Cheesy
legendary
July 31, 2023, 08:15:42 AM
Here are the result of my picks for the UFC 291

Dustin Poirier (1.69) VS Justin Gaethje (2.28) - LOST

Pretty much it is a great fight and congrats to Justin Gaethje he proves that he can surely up his game so much that he can become more technical with his fight, and for this fight he surely knows what Dustin Poirier will do and that punch kick combo is surely amazing just like on the Leon Edwards VS Kamaru Usman fight but in here Dustin Poirier surely doesn't have any defense for that kick he got a counter for that punch but for that kicks that Justin Gaethje is releasing it was really devastating for Poirier,

Yup, it was looking like it was gonna be a close match until the head kick.  :/  As for the trilogy, I think there are words going around that Poirier already approached Gaethje and said he'd like another rematch and that Gaethje agreed...  Not sure if it's true tho.  Sometimes those guys at Twitter like to make stuff up.

Anyway 290 was one of the best events of the year.  Just two fights went the distance.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/101214-ufc-291

And here's the post fight press conference.

UFC 290:  Post Fight Press Conference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOzC9xi4BEc

Date:  Saturday, Aug 5
Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+):  8:00pm EST
Preliminary Card (ESPN/ESPN+):  6:00pm EST
Venue:  Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Texas

Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+)
Catchweight (140 lb):  Cory Sandhagen vs Rob Font            
Women's Strawweight:  Jéssica Andrade vs Tatiana Suarez            
Light Heavyweight:  Dustin Jacoby vs Kennedy Nzechukwu            
Featherweight:  Diego Lopes vs Gavin Tucker            
Light Heavyweight:  Tanner Boser vs Aleksa Camur            
Lightweight:  Ignacio Bahamondes vs Ludovit Klein

Preliminary Card (ESPN/ESPN+)
Featherweight:  Billy Quarantillo vs Damon Jackson            
Bantamweight:  Kyler Phillips vs Raoni Barcelos            
Welterweight:  Jeremiah Wells vs Carlston Harris            
Featherweight:  Sean Woodson vs Jesse Butler            
Flyweight:  Cody Durden vs Jake Hadley            
Flyweight:  Ode' Osbourne vs Assu Almabayev   
Activity: 1918
Merit: 535
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
July 31, 2023, 07:58:19 AM

I think there comes a point when a fighter should understand that he should step aside from the fighting game. I believe for Tony Ferguson, that moment is now. He should definitely start. He is not in his prime anymore.

And of course he is still a big name in the UFC. So the company is definitely going to use his name to sell fights. I understand that he is a little arrogant. Everyone is.

But at this age, he should say think about retiring from the fighting game. And otherwise it could be a problem for him in the future. All those strike on the head is going to give him Parkinson’s disease very soon if he does not retire to be honest. We also what happened with Muhammad Ali at the late stage of his life.
Jump to: