Pages:
Author

Topic: the Veil Project Mining- Privacy without Compromise - page 12. (Read 6062 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 506
What happens to the price? Why strong fall lately?
Already three times fell in dollars from the peak of the price against the background of the growth of the remaining tokens where there is a small capitalization.

When bitcoin pumps, it mostly hit lower valued coins. Because they have very low trade volume if 1-2 holder wants to switch to bitcoin that hits price hard. Higher volume coins take this hit softer but like veil, if you have low volume, dump is inevitable. But it is temporary. Bitcoin will stop pumping and money will return to alts.
Merit: 255
What happens to the price? Why strong fall lately?
Already three times fell in dollars from the peak of the price against the background of the growth of the remaining tokens where there is a small capitalization.
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
The coins in the wallet are for POS. It makes no sense to take a snapshot of the blockchain for yourself. Why do you need a snapshot when your wallet is already synced at this block height?

I think that you misunderstood me. I was thinking about creating a snapshot by myself, because I have read that sometimes the wallet can have issues in syncing, during the startup.

What made you say that? You don't require any number of coins for mining Veil using PoW. All you require is a hash power.

Also no need to create a snapshot of the blockchain because the official team members are doing it already and frequently.

I am relatively new to Veil, so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

Yes, it is possible to mine using PoW, but I don't have a GPU and I guess the CPU returns may be extremely low. And my laptop is not a high-end one. And I was thinking about creating a snapshot myself because it was taking too much time to download the snapshots that are shared in the website.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
BintexFutures

I read somewhere in the ANN thread that it is possible to create the snapshots on our own. So once I am able to download the full wallet, I will try creating a snapshot. I don't mind if it takes a few days. Because I have zero coins in my wallet, and unless I have 10,000 VEIL, I can't mine any of these coins using the PoW algorithm. Please correct me, if I was wrong.

What made you say that? You don't require any number of coins for mining Veil using PoW. All you require is a hash power.

Also no need to create a snapshot of the blockchain because the official team members are doing it already and frequently.
Activity: 250
Merit: 2
VEIL has really made an astonishing and outstanding name in the crypto ecosystem ever since they came into the game. In fact, I really respect this project based on the fact that they conducted no ICO, IEO but they gained community attention. That's what we call "love" for a project. I like the staking feature very much! You don't normally get privacy and staking mixed up, but Veil has provided that Smiley.
Activity: 708
Merit: 103
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
As soon as I get first VEIL tokens from the generous bounty campaign, I will start staking my coins. Good way how to get passive income and wait for the wider adoption.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
How many of you is staking Veil? With how much should I start? Any suggestions? Recommendations, I`m ready to get into it, but I would like to hear some informations from the first hand? I will appreciate all info you give me!
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
If possible buy a data(bandwidth) booster pack that will allow you to download the full blockchain snapshot at one go. This would help you a lot because sometimes the wallet just stops syncing.

I read somewhere in the ANN thread that it is possible to create the snapshots on our own. So once I am able to download the full wallet, I will try creating a snapshot. I don't mind if it takes a few days. Because I have zero coins in my wallet, and unless I have 10,000 VEIL, I can't mine any of these coins using the PoW algorithm. Please correct me, if I was wrong.

The coins in the wallet are for POS. It makes no sense to take a snapshot of the blockchain for yourself. Why do you need a snapshot when your wallet is already synced at this block height?
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
the Veil Project amongst its other uses can be mined as it has a double approach more of an hybrid setup as it combines both Proof of work mining and proof of stake mining. if you want to get started with mining, the following are the major pools and mining softwares to use and their links.

mining softwares

Suprminer (NVIDIA) - https://veilmine.com/
CryptoDredge (NVIDIA) - https://github.com/technobyl/CryptoDredge/releases
T-Rex (NVIDIA) - https://github.com/trexminer/T-Rex/releases
Wildrig (AMD) - https://github.com/andru-kun/wildrig-multi/releases/

Mining pools
Veilmine   --- https://veilmine.com/
Suprnova -- https://veil.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted

Block explorers
Mainnet — https://explorer.veil-project.com/
Testnet — https://testnet.veil-project.com/

For those who have mined or still mining,  let's share experiences

What could be the best mining software here. I am looking for something cheap, durable. I understand CryptoDredge and T-Rex are the best but I can still use some more advice

Activity: 798
Merit: 101
I have been at POS for a long time. I haven't dug one yet. I don't know if there is an error. Do other people have the same situation as me? Looking forward to the explanation.
If possible buy a data(bandwidth) booster pack that will allow you to download the full blockchain snapshot at one go. This would help you a lot because sometimes the wallet just stops syncing.

Activity: 393
Merit: 1
Coinsbit exchange
I am very grateful to the developers for making it possible to download a blockchain snapshot. This simplifies the process of synchronizing the wallet.
BintexFutures
I have downloaded the Veil wallet, but it is consuming a lot of bandwidth. I installed the wallet yesterday and it is downloading the blocks ever since. My daily quota of 3 GB was consumed for a second day straight and still around 50% is remaining. Is there a light wallet available for Veil, which I can use instead of the full desktop wallet?

For now, keep downloading the chain either by blockchain snapshots or through the wallet because according to their website they might soon release Veil wallet for smartphones.

Many thanks for the link, but my download failed. The snapshot file is some 8.8 GB and currently I don't have enough bandwidth to download this much data. Looks like I am left with few options. I will try downloading the full wallet. Hopefully within the next 4-5 days I will be able to complete this task. Looking forward to the release of Veil android wallet.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 534
No emission for staking and mining after years 19 and that means if the hardcap will have achieved by veil in the next 19 years from now. Remember after the hardcap has already achieved and no more emission will be produced and staking and mining will not get any reward from the block. I just got that from the veil.

Thank you very much Smiley BTW by hard cap you mean the total supply of VEIL that is mentioned on CMC right?
I think the total supply of the veils mentioned in the coinmarketcap will no longer increase which means that the total supply of veils should be limited and only 17,536,157 pieces of veils, because if the existing total supply increases then surely this will have a detrimental effect on veil prices.

What kind of retarded comment is this - are you high??

Why are you wearing the Veil Signature when your so clueless... You are either confusing people, or just increasing your post count with garbage spam... Seriously - stop thinking and speaking - It's embarrassing.

The Total supply you see on CMC will increase a whole bunch more.
What do you think Mining and Staking does?

In fact, the Supply of mining and staking emissions by the end of this year will bring the supply over 50mill.

"because if the existing total supply increases then surely this will have a detrimental effect" <- Satoshi Face Palm

People like you... and a HERO member at that... Roll Eyes
Merit: 255
I have downloaded the Veil wallet, but it is consuming a lot of bandwidth. I installed the wallet yesterday and it is downloading the blocks ever since. My daily quota of 3 GB was consumed for a second day straight and still around 50% is remaining. Is there a light wallet available for Veil, which I can use instead of the full desktop wallet?

For now, keep downloading the chain either by blockchain snapshots or through the wallet because according to their website they might soon release Veil wallet for smartphones.
this can be good news and I think this will have an effect on the movement of veil prices because when there are developments that can trigger veil demand to be higher then it will make the price of veils expensive and of course the veils will be used by many people for transactions.

A lightweight wallet for mobile platforms is a great solution. The main thing that everything was checked in advance and safely.
And most importantly, the developers understand that if already now the download is so long it is scary to think what will happen after. Without snapshots it will be possible to load month. The solution to this problem should be at the very top of what needs to be done.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

this can be good news and I think this will have an effect on the movement of veil prices because when there are developments that can trigger veil demand to be higher then it will make the price of veils expensive and of course the veils will be used by many people for transactions.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
The ability to synchronize the blockchain using a snapshot is a great opportunity. I myself have used these several times already. It is really very convenient!
BintexFutures

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113
There's no need to be upset

the not recommended way could be using an exchange wallet
but you could also try to get a better bandwith.
Pages:
Jump to: