Pages:
Author

Topic: The Wasp Project Collective Information thread. - page 9. (Read 38672 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

How are you getting that much hashing power out of so few bitfury chips?

I

BitFury Wasp Prototype

+  16 to 24 chips  for 300 gh/s to 440 gh/s depending on the configuration.
+  4U Server configuration
+  Design for the power on the Wasp currently being down so 3d renders for the prototype are a week away.
+  By December the prototype testing video should be out.
+  By December the prototypes shipped to a datacenter for longer term testing and troubleshooting.
+  The DIY & Licenced Production could start as early as January for these units should there be a market for them.

We are using A1 Chips. No bitfury chips currently in our design we had to shelve the multiple chip design for the prototypes and go with the A1s as we have that as priority for the WPC have chips in hand and we need them made into miners ASAP. We have lost weeks fighting with the CAD software so we have had to drop a few things to get things done sooner. We will probably revisit and build a Bitfury Wasp if chips go back on sale. Still none to see right?

4 Chip 4U Modular Design

25 gh/s per chip.

4 chips per Wasp.

8 Wasps per Hive.

32 chips x 25 Gh/s = 800 Gh/s estimate 4U (Our module holds the Hive and the Wasps and will fit 4U.)

6 Chip 5U Modular Design

25 Gh/s per chip.

6 chips per Wasp.

8 Wasps per Hive.

48 chips x 25 Gh/s = 1200 Gh/s.

We are looking to work on the "modules" and an Ice Wasp that could potentially allow for overclocking up to the 40 Gh/s if we can keep the Wasps cool enough. We will keep everyone informed as we proceed with that. We are still keen on getting hold of Black Arrow chips and work those into our larger 5U Wasp concept.
Activity: 361
Merit: 250

How are you getting that much hashing power out of so few bitfury chips?

I

BitFury Wasp Prototype

16 to 24 chips  for 300 gh/s to 440 gh/s depending on the configuration.
+  4U Server configuration
+  Design for the power on the Wasp currently being down so 3d renders for the prototype are a week away.
+  By December the prototype testing video should be out.
+  By December the prototypes shipped to a datacenter for longer term testing and troubleshooting.
+  The DIY & Licenced Production could start as early as January for these units should there be a market for them.
Thanks!

Please contact Beastlymac via PM he will put you on the list to keep you in the loop on when we expect to release the gerbers and the BOM as well as the firmware and software to run the miners. Note that we are merely licensing our miners out others are producing these for the marketplace. If you would like to sit in at next weeks meeting with the EE and the rest of the WPC then contact Beastlymac and he can arrange it.

Our meeting yesterday was somewhat fruitful but there will be weeks not days until we have something to show that is production worthy. It seems many who are producing their own variants of the A1 miners are running into any number of issues with power and the PCB layout. It is a tricky one this mofo that anyone doing a design can atest to. From what I can surmise the only one that has "shipped" an A1 product based miner is Marto74. It goes without saying that this build will tax any team. Our issues haven't been with the hardware and getting it to work but getting our CAD software to play nice.

Our latest revision means a much more conservative 4 chip board, this simplifies our design work and time to fab prototypes, put into a 8 slot backplane for a 800 Gh/s machine that can be enclosed in a 4U size unit. We are looking at an 4 week hard date to get these units done because the EE is taking some much needed vacation time in the tropics! We are also going to do a revision after we get this initial miner done with a larger 6 chip board into the the 8 slot backplane for 1200 Gh/s machine. Multiple server PSU's will be required especially for the 1.2 Th/s rig. We are also contemplating an Ice Wasp module for cooling. We are hopeful that we will soon enough have some hardware to touch taste and feel as well as send to the Firmware team members for to work on that.

The reasoning behind a more conservative chip number per board is simply an inductance issue and where adding more  chips to our design and limited space doesn't play well. We have opted for a modular design so that we can adjust board sizes accordingly but ultimately we are looking at the black arrow and future chips that will require more power in the same square footage and that means we have to make allowances in our current design for future chips without having to change too much other than the chip traces. Anyhow we are happy that some of our CAD issues seems to have cleared up and we are back on track after losing weeks and nearly a month to CAD crashes etc.

As far as the provision server and licensing we are close to having that being tested in emulated form soon as well. Our website is waiting for that to be completed and then our pool is still being tweaked and revised and we hope to have that available to public this month.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain
We are interested in support the project and to buy miners.

Please let us know how we can help.

All the best!
http://www.coindesk.com/gavin-andresen-bitcoin-companies-support-open-source/

Lead developer Gavin Andresen chided the commercial bitcoin community for not getting involved enough in core bitcoin development and testing this week. In a mail to the bitcoin developers list updating the community on some bug fixes in the code, he called companies out for not giving back.

Time to give back?

But the community has to play ball, Andresen said, by helping to test the fixes out, rather than just running services on top of the latest version of the code and hoping that the team had fixed problems for them.

“Or, in other words: do not treat the core development team as if we were a commercial company that sold you a software library,” he wrote. “That is not how open source works; if you are making a profit using the software, you are expected to help develop, debug, test, and review it.”

-----

And in design news we have a little Wasp P0rn, buck regulator close up we can see light at the end of the design tunnel.

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
This sounds like a very interesting project and I am interested in purchasing. I will keep this page bookmarked. Looking forward to seeing the prototype!
Wasp

With issues still related to the Allegro PCB which are continually hounding the EE he has taken the step to cut out anything that could add time to the design, as it is hard to fight with this program version, he will put together a simplified 6 chip A1 board for bring up & prototyping rather than 3 different or 2 different chips on a single bring up board. This will not affect the Hive and other projects moving forward. We will see something from the fabricator this week hopefully and a full prototype to follow. Although these delays are really a software issue the members are keen on moving forward and we will do what we can to move from Cadence / Allegro PCB to something that isn't prone to kill weeks / months in fighting with the CAD.

More updates coming soon...
Just curious,

Will you be maintaining a list of vendors who have licensed your design so we know where to buy from?

Thanks!

Ben

We will do what we can on that front and let the community know who has licensed with us. Fabricators may pass licensing onto end users as well and we are prepared to  offer licenses to anyone that has a Wasp and Hive  in either case.
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
Just curious,

Will you be maintaining a list of vendors who have licensed your design so we know where to buy from?

Thanks!

Ben

I believe they are, yes.
Activity: 742
Just curious,

Thanks!

Ben
As soon as we have working units and they are fabricated by you or other fabricators, then you can license those units with us. Just follow what Beastly said and he will keep you updated.

Please pm me your email address to be included on the list. Information going out to people soon.

Thanks

p.s. i will updated everyone with our social networking accounts soon. We can also be contacted on them. Thanks
Activity: 40
Hi Bicknellski,

We are a young Australian team and want to develop the miners based on Bitmine A1. Can I buy your A1 project license?
My email address [email protected]

Thanks

Jacob
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
Please pm me your email address to be included on the list. Information going out to people soon.

Thanks

p.s. i will updated everyone with our social networking accounts soon. We can also be contacted on them. Thanks
Wasp

Rather than being a Wasp update this will read as a product review of Cadence software... long story short !@#$%^&*( shit is a nightmare and we are so deep into building up component libraries we don't have the time or resources to simply switch out. Our EE has, yet again, had to fight tooth and nail with the latest version of Allegro(OrCad) just to get a things back to where he started as the software seems to like to revert things back even after resolving specific problems in the design. So in an effort to cut out time we dropped a row off the design to make placement of traces easier and increased the length of the board nearly 2.5 cm. This has again delayed the bring up PCB board. We are trying a number of steps to see if we can port the design out with minimal issues to another software but via another EE while the original EE continues working on the existing software. At this point we are certain after getting done with Wasp Hive for the A1 / BitFury we will move to a new software.

Hive

The Hive will have modifications continuing in an effort to support the changes in the Wasp. The design should be ready in the coming week and we are looking at the fabrication cost of this unique design and should have an estimate coming in on this soon for this Beta version of the Hive.

Firmware & Software

Further tests have moved on manually feeding blocks to the emulator and it has been successful. EE's will work on two 'flavors' of the firmware.

Website

Currently the website is being tweaked for color and logos. A share exchange system is also being started this week.

Mining Pool

Back End & Front End Coding for the pool and it is still going through security and full testing. We are working on the DGM and possibly PPNLS if we are not happy with the DGM configuration after we live mining next week.

PR & Marketing

PR and Marketing is starting to add social media sites and to contact our fabrication partners or those interested. Please PM Beastlymac if you want to get on our newsletter / mailing list of fabricators. We want to keep you in the loop as we get close to testing the Wasp. We want to make sure that fabricators can start their fab as soon as possible after we have put out working designs.

License Fee

We are still refining pricing at this time taking into account the various types of chips and their pricing structures will figure into our fee pricing.

Provisioning Server

We are nearly done on the work for the server just waiting on the Wasp completion.

---------

Thanks to Pinkfloyd11, Lucko and VS3 for sitting in on the meeting on Saturday. We all hope we were good hosts and you were able to get the information you needed from the meeting.
Hello
I have sent a PM but still not have received reply from you.
My email is [email protected]
Thanks

I sent you my email. Please contact me via email.
Activity: 56
Hello
I have sent a PM but still not have received reply from you.
My email is [email protected]
Thanks
PinkFloyd11 please send me an email with a short profile. I will see what I can do to get you in the meeting tomorrow and see what we need moving forward on the Project. We are in need of Firmware work as we are looking to add a number of features over the coming months. In terms of hardware we might have a number of new chips to work on to develop into Wasps so another EE or two might be very much what we need moving forward but we can discuss that on Saturday.
Activity: 56
Hello

I'm senior EE and would help you in your project.

Say me what I could do for help

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Wow good job dude!

I will stay in touch. Want to see the prototype  Grin

For sure will buy if possible.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'