Pages:
Author

Topic: The whales need no indicators! - page 6. (Read 921 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
October 23, 2018, 12:34:38 PM
The market seeing to make it own mind and that is to say the whales push it to any direction they decide at a particular time.

I encourage you to please read the below post to clear some misconceptions about the whales,

https://blog.chainalysis.com/reports/bitcoin-whales-oct

Hope this article will help you to understand that whales are not manipulators! I know my reply is little off-topic but the quoted statement made me reply here.
Activity: 602
Merit: 11
October 23, 2018, 09:56:53 AM
The whales and big investors did not need indicators both (technical and fundamentals indicators) before buying or selling Cryptocoins.  This has just made me to believe that the indicators are just there for me and you to lose money and not to make money as the price will still go against you no matter how intelligent you are in technical analysis.  The market seeing to make it own mind and that is to say the whales push it to any direction they decide at a particular time.
Yes, that is the power of money. They control the market in currency and the good or bad news does not affect the cost of Cryptocurrency. So many people think this is a sin market and I agree with that. Here, the only people who can make a lot of money!
i think they are like putting a trap to get personal desires. by creating fomo or fud, of course they get a lot of money. usually balanced with news, to influence mindset of other traders
Activity: 435
Merit: 100
October 23, 2018, 09:50:12 AM
The whales and big investors did not need indicators both (technical and fundamentals indicators) before buying or selling Cryptocoins.  This has just made me to believe that the indicators are just there for me and you to lose money and not to make money as the price will still go against you no matter how intelligent you are in technical analysis.  The market seeing to make it own mind and that is to say the whales push it to any direction they decide at a particular time.
Yes, that is the power of money. They control the market in currency and the good or bad news does not affect the cost of Cryptocurrency. So many people think this is a sin market and I agree with that. Here, the only people who can make a lot of money!
Activity: 61
Merit: 2
October 23, 2018, 08:26:43 AM
This has just made me to believe that the indicators are just there for me and you...

There is a lot of truth in this, because most indicators on open markets are basically something like a self-fulfilling prophecy. If a significant amount of traders believe in tribonacci, all of them will act the same way and that's the reason why it works (therefore self fulfilling). This knowledge can be gold if you know how to use it wisely.

A whale on the other hand can use the same psychological fundamentals, because he can actually provoke such patterns and trade on the most likely outcome in advance. Happens all the time
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
October 23, 2018, 08:20:07 AM
Yeah. Money always push everything so whales has the power to push the market also, remember the traders itself making the decision of the price. Well, whale do push it directly on what they decided.
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
October 23, 2018, 08:11:59 AM
if your statement is true and absolute then all we have to do is guess the direction the whale is moving, when we are behind them all will win even if you don't have any skills. Is that true?
If you can accurately guess the directions the whales are taking there is no way you will not make profits from the market.  Some times you have analyzed the market and the next thing you see is that the market is going against that analysis that you have made.  I think we just need to predict the whales's action and make profits instead of follow technical and fundamentals analysis that the whales can turn with just a click of mouse. 
The whales and big investors did not need indicators both (technical and fundamentals indicators) before buying or selling Cryptocoins. 
This has just made me to believe that the indicators are just there for me and you to lose money and not to make money as the price will still go against you no matter how intelligent you are in technical analysis.  The market seeing to make it own mind and that is to say the whales push it to any direction they decide at a particular time.

Do you call a person a whale based on what they call themselves? Then you are wrong. A whale is a big investor or a big buyer of coins. Can be your neighborhood "richboi of richdad" who bought crypto thinking its going up to moon while its a shitcoin going down. Thats also a whale. It can be a venture capitalist who take TA into account and has been watching the market like everyday and thought that this was a time to buy in.

You are a fool if you think TA is bullshit. This is a selective biased opinion of some people who have lost money and an expression of the hidden frustration of days of hodling and seeing red markets. If you cant handle it then you should not venture into crypto.
It is good you express your opinion without results to abusing word.  However,  technical analysis can only predicts the market not the mind of traders.  Those that has huge money,  moves this market to they favour.  It exists in every market and not because you analyzed an asset and you lose money at the end mean your analysis is wrong but you were not luck, and that is why the whales takes the other way.
Activity: 462
Merit: 11
October 23, 2018, 06:30:35 AM
if your statement is true and absolute then all we have to do is guess the direction the whale is moving, when we are behind them all will win even if you don't have any skills. Is that true?
Activity: 560
Merit: 145
October 23, 2018, 05:57:39 AM
I don't think so, a whale also needs a strategy to fight other whales. Indicators are deliberately created to influence followers, so many people are enchanted by seeing the indicators. Although basically everyone does not need an indicator to make a profit. However, when many people agree to use indicators, that is the art of trading. Whereas whales are full of creating they are own technical and fundamental indicators, so only a whale can create indicators, we as followers can only guess.
staff
Activity: 3038
Merit: 568
APP下载sbapp.io
October 23, 2018, 05:24:56 AM
If it is truly so easy to analyze the trading graph and the traders are able to make accurate price prediction on any crypto-currencies based on the candle movement on the trading graph, I guess every traders would have already become rich easily by trading crypto-currencies, trading is a risky activity that is similar to gambling as there is no one in this world who could predict the next price movement on any crypto-currencies just based on the trading graph.
Activity: 896
Merit: 253
October 23, 2018, 04:56:43 AM

This is true since those people can widely manipulate the crypto market whether they want it to go up or go down. But they also need the majority of people.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
October 23, 2018, 04:24:47 AM
The whales and big investors did not need indicators both (technical and fundamentals indicators) before buying or selling Cryptocoins. 
This has just made me to believe that the indicators are just there for me and you to lose money and not to make money as the price will still go against you no matter how intelligent you are in technical analysis.  The market seeing to make it own mind and that is to say the whales push it to any direction they decide at a particular time.

Do you call a person a whale based on what they call themselves? Then you are wrong. A whale is a big investor or a big buyer of coins. Can be your neighborhood "richboi of richdad" who bought crypto thinking its going up to moon while its a shitcoin going down. Thats also a whale. It can be a venture capitalist who take TA into account and has been watching the market like everyday and thought that this was a time to buy in.

You are a fool if you think TA is bullshit. This is a selective biased opinion of some people who have lost money and an expression of the hidden frustration of days of hodling and seeing red markets. If you cant handle it then you should not venture into crypto.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
October 23, 2018, 04:20:42 AM
Everyone needs analysis when trading, more so those who hold higher amounts.

Whales do not control the market they only have a degree of influence over it, and it varies depending on how much they hold and what currency is being discussed. Bitcoin for one is a currency that can resist manipulations to an extent, as it has a very high market cap.

There are notable cases of when whales have lost out when trying to manipulate the market.
Put up a low sell order for large amounts people bought up and still the price rebounded fee days later.

as the price will still go against you no matter how intelligent you are in technical analysis. 

This couldn't be more false.
Instead of dwelling in the stories you have been sold of whales and the market and manipulations.
Make an effort to research and read.
Whales are most times very rarely involved in active trading.
Everyday individuals are profiting from the market using technical analysis
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
October 23, 2018, 03:06:16 AM
Pages:
Jump to: