Pages:
Author

Topic: The "What Black Arrow does not want you to know" thread - page 4. (Read 18116 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
I love a witchhunt as much as the next guy, but blackarrow already responded to this issue, and removed the images...

Source

Picture of the X1 is an artist's impression. The original file was another Photoshop and not an actual still image. We have asked a graphic designer to help us with the images as we need to let our customers have an idea how the product will look like. This is how we intend the product to look like. As we are in production stage all we have now are artist's impression and soon rendered images with the proposal that was accepted and we go further with. However, also the rendered images will still be artist's impressions until we will have the machines in hand, out from the factory. Then and only then, we will be able to take still photos. We are afraid the process of creating a product follows this path.

Personally, I bought one of their units, just to see how it plays out.  After chastising them for emailing me my account password in plaintext, of course ... (they fixed that immediately after I brought it up, so props there).

Real engineers or even good managers must know already that design doesn't matter in bitcoin mining so asking someone to make some pretty renders of possible boxes tells me that you are focusing on the wrong stuff. Designers know shit about cooling and airflow and other stuff. They should be sourcing parts and workforce and other stuff not make useless renders and also saying that you can't have a still photo of a case that is supposed to be already present long before chips arrive makes me wonder how can they manage a proper assembly chain. Their chips might be legitimate, but everything else is way wrong.
Activity: 560
Merit: 517
I love a witchhunt as much as the next guy, but blackarrow already responded to this issue, and removed the images...

Source

Picture of the X1 is an artist's impression. The original file was another Photoshop and not an actual still image. We have asked a graphic designer to help us with the images as we need to let our customers have an idea how the product will look like. This is how we intend the product to look like. As we are in production stage all we have now are artist's impression and soon rendered images with the proposal that was accepted and we go further with. However, also the rendered images will still be artist's impressions until we will have the machines in hand, out from the factory. Then and only then, we will be able to take still photos. We are afraid the process of creating a product follows this path.

Personally, I bought one of their units, just to see how it plays out.  After chastising them for emailing me my account password in plaintext, of course ... (they fixed that immediately after I brought it up, so props there).
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
MOAR renders! Today i was considering Black Arrow, but this just made stop considering them for obvious reasons.
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
Haven't you ever hired someone to do images or a website only to find later that they ripped off the images / the site ?
There's a huge difference between e.g. the generic fotos of computers that CoinTerra uses on their website compared to a full-fledged photoshopped image of what appears to be your final product, given the context.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Haven't you ever hired someone to do images or a website only to find later that they ripped off the images / the site ?

-MarkM-

I'm sure that's what happened. Also has anyone heard of pirateat40 lately? I think he might have forgotten to pay out dividends for a while. I sure hope he's okay.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
anyone who rips off another site's image is likely unethical already if not a scammer.

besides the fact that any mining machine that is not much bigger than a PC mouse is going to be 'too small' to be profitable with all the casing, lcd, etc.

Activity: 297
Merit: 250
anyone who rips off another site's image is likely unethical already if not a scammer.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
I am not seeing this render anywhere on their site...
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/prospero-x-1.html
It was there. Probably they've taken the image down for obvious reasons.
Because it was a render? No where did they state that was the final product. Says that right on the order form.
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
It was there. Probably they've taken the image down for obvious reasons.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Wow, that actually is some good editing.

Maybe not try to scam, and get a job doing editing?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
Nice, I had many posts deleted from that thread, gave up!
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
That's some quality photoshopping BlackArrow did there. Good Job Grin
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Re: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/black-arrow-28nm-100ghash-bitcoin-asic-from-049ghs-294197

I'll just leave this here:

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Oh God, how did this get here? I am not good with computers.

"Black Arrow Bitcoin Mining ASIC Prospero X1"

CompuLab Fit-PC2

Enjoy.
Pages:
Jump to: