Pages:
Author

Topic: There was no Big Bang, Truth shall set you free!!!! - page 10. (Read 11591 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
I just love when God people try their thing. It's everywhere, come on get over your religions already. Maybe there is a god maybe there isn't (even a big bang must have been set off by something?) but the point is that you should just live your lives as you want instead of devoting them to an invisible beardman.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Existence of matter proves something created it.

Why do you think that matter exists? Deeper we go into the microcosm - more empty space we see inside it. Atom is made of void on 90%. Electron is made of void on 90%. And so on.

Its the most logical idea. I mean if I show you an ipad and say it never had a creator it just simply exists I'm sure you would say that's an insane proposition considering the complexity and order involved in its design. The more we know from Science is the Universe is so complex at the atomic level to the vastness of space then logic calls for a creator. To me its obvious but it maybe needs a bit of revelation I'm not sure. And to take the idea that there is no creator in such a complex universe is fine but I personally thinks it takes a bigger leap of faith and reason to believe it. If you have that faith then great but I can't get past the simple fact that if something exists then something must of created it.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Existence of matter proves something created it.

Why do you think that matter exists? Deeper we go into the microcosm - more empty space we see inside it. Atom is made of void on 90%. Electron is made of void on 90%. And so on.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
I'm no genius but Big Bang/No Big Bang evolution/no evolution, these are simply processes and don't prove or disprove a Creator God. Existence of matter proves something created it. Its so simple and obvious that only really stupid intellectuals wrestle with it while children understand it.

The next question is now has this God made any kind of sign of his/her/its existence? Well many people have popped up and said they know but only two religions span centuries and simply cannot be faked and put together by one person or group of people. That sign is the Jewish faith and out of that Jewish faith a messiah was prophesied, the description fits Jesus. What about Muslims you say? Well it was created by one man of violence scrambling up the Abrahamic faith and Jesus. So never trust a faith created by one person cause there are about a bazillion. Jesus never created Chrisianity he simply was the missing piece of another one spanning centuries and nations.

The last part is God it seems doesn't want to force anyone to come to him, he gives them choice. That is grace to simply take that choice and receive the Holy Spirit that teaches you your new life. When I became a believer I believed lots of religions were right and all paths lead to God etc but I got the revelation that if a god truly created the world why the hell would he need these tiny little things he made to do things for him. That pretty much sums up 99% of religions which consist of small acts to earn his favour, that includes even good stuff like being moral and good etc. Not wrong in themselves but pretty absurd that a God 'needs' this from his creation. So the choice everyone has to make in this life and possibly the next is will they come to God or not. And following a religion, putting oils on your head, observing fasting wont get you shit. All God wants is an Ok i'm coming from us.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
However, God would much rather that people look at His universe, see Him in it, and then according to His universal laws, come to Him.

I see him everywhere...

You need to get a little closer, like to where it starts to turn black.

Cheesy
legendary
However, God would much rather that people look at His universe, see Him in it, and then according to His universal laws, come to Him.

I see him everywhere...

legendary
People would remain in ignorance, rather than recognize that God exists, and then call an understanding that no God exists, something that is more accurate.

God wanted this, nothing happens without his permission.

Yes, but not the way you stated. God wants things to happen according to the natural laws he installed in the universe. If that includes people remaining in ignorance, then from that kind of standpoint, he wants it.

Smiley
legendary
People would remain in ignorance, rather than recognize that God exists, and then call an understanding that no God exists, something that is more accurate.

God wanted this, nothing happens without his permission.
legendary
There is nothing like the Bible. We may not understand many of the ways that it is the truth, but it definitely is the truth. It could not exist any other way.

How can you know that it is "definitely" the truth and cannot exist any other way if you admittedly do not understand it?  

The things that are understood are so overwhelmingly evident that the rest of it has to flow around them - truth.

Other religious writings don't have the strength of the Bible. They might have a little of it here and there, but not enough to make them to be impossible like the Bible. Fairytales have almost no strength whatever.

The content of the Buddhist sutras is generally considered to be more accurate over successive generations through monasticism.

This is so sad. People would remain in ignorance, rather than recognize that God exists, and then call an understanding that no God exists, something that is more accurate.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
There is nothing like the Bible. We may not understand many of the ways that it is the truth, but it definitely is the truth. It could not exist any other way.

How can you know that it is "definitely" the truth and cannot exist any other way if you admittedly do not understand it?  

Other religious writings don't have the strength of the Bible. They might have a little of it here and there, but not enough to make them to be impossible like the Bible. Fairytales have almost no strength whatever.

The content of the Buddhist sutras is generally considered to be more accurate over successive generations through monasticism.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Nice mental masturbation ITT.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
The Bible is a record; it has not changed much if any over thousands of years; it could not have come together the way it did (probability)

This is false. There are many different bibles available, each with slightly different wording and events.

Absolutely. The Roman Bible we know today may be unrecognizable to ancient Christians. There are perhaps a hundred gospels that did not make the official government Bible of Rome. I have sat in the room in Ephesus where they debated the stories and chose those that best reflected Roman sensibilities. They were much less interested in what Christians believed or thought than making a holy book that was acceptable to Rome's many polytheists. 
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
The Bible is a record; it has not changed much if any over thousands of years; it could not have come together the way it did (probability)

This is false. There are many different bibles available, each with slightly different wording and events.
legendary
nah   I read somewhere it was the tooth fairy that created the universe (it must be true if its in a book)
I agree. We can't keep throwing out the record of the tooth fairy tale. It holds truth in many ways. Lets, rather, figure out how we can make its records match the other things we observe without changing it. Because reality always must yield to the truths of some random collection of fairytales.

But, not to disrespect the OP; he is far more open to reality than some others of the crazy fringe here.A universe without singularities also has some mathematical elegance, but you would need some evidence or a possible observation of that early (long) pre-inflation state.

Until one looks at the evidence of the truth of the Bible, he/she may not know about it. The Bible is a record; it has not changed much if any over thousands of years; it could not have come together the way it did (probability); the thread of information that is its main theme does not change throughout; the traditions of the nation of Israel hold that it is the truth; It is dynamic - translated into many languages, spread around the world, recognized in the spiritual lives of multitudes of people as a great strength.

Even the history suggested by modern science is a religion, because most of it is based on "if" and "maybe." This is why the suggestions made by the OP have as much credibility as they do.

Smiley
Activity: 169
Merit: 10
ExToke - Fee Free Trading
nah   I read somewhere it was the tooth fairy that created the universe (it must be true if its in a book)
I agree. We can't keep throwing out the record of the tooth fairy tale. It holds truth in many ways. Lets, rather, figure out how we can make its records match the other things we observe without changing it. Because reality always must yield to the truths of some random collection of fairytales.

But, not to disrespect the OP; he is far more open to reality than some others of the crazy fringe here.A universe without singularities also has some mathematical elegance, but you would need some evidence or a possible observation of that early (long) pre-inflation state.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
nah   I read somewhere it was the tooth fairy that created the universe (it must be true if its in a book)
legendary
The "beginning" from, "In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth," might have an unique application. It might denote the beginning of this era that started 6,000 years ago as shown by the Bible - http://www.albatrus.org/english/theology/creation/biblical_age_earth.htm. But it might also denote countless eons of time before the beginning of this era.

The reason it might denote the countless eras of time is, time was changed in the great battle of the angels. All of the electromagnetic spectrum changed. Time changed along with it. Time as we know it was not stable beyond 6,000 years ago. Since the idea of time indicates at least a possible beginning, the beginning covered unnumbered eras of "time" since a true beginning, when God actually DID create the Heavens and the Earth.

Such thinking would explain how there could be things that seemingly are older than 6,000 years, while the idea of 6,000 years is still the truth. Time itself had not coalesced sufficiently prior to 6,000 years ago, from the turmoil in the great inter-galactic wars of the angels (as told mentioned briefly about in the Revelation).

After all, the things we examine and see, we still interpret as to their age. The key is the interpretation we place on things. Our basic interpretations are wrong on so many levels. We need to figure out a way to match all the evidence with a reasonable explanation/interpretation.

We can't keep on throwing out the record of the bible. It holds truth in many ways. Lets, rather, figure out how we can make its records match the other things we observe without changing it.

Smiley
legendary
... and the endings.  Smiley

It depends. Sempiternity <> eternity.

No, it depends on what exists.

The evidence is 2nd Law activity with no deviation from it. There might be all kinds of math that suggests random might be possible, but do we have anything other than possibilities?

The idea of deviation from the 2nd Law suggests that God exists. After all, since we don't have any evidence of such deviation in everything we have seen, if it exists, it must be something done by God, and maybe only at an initial beginning by God.

Smiley
Activity: 628
Merit: 500

that means that there is a really need to very different ways to be able to know the "beginnings"

or am I wrong ?  Sad

... and the endings.  Smiley

sure! Smiley
legendary
... and the endings.  Smiley

It depends. Sempiternity <> eternity.
Pages:
Jump to: