Pages:
Author

Topic: There was no Big Bang, Truth shall set you free!!!! - page 8. (Read 11591 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
If I'm wrong I have Oblivion, If your wrong you have possibly eternal Judgement.

If clerics say the truth then we shouldn't worry about Judgement day. We'll all go to Heaven because God loves us.

You basing your idea of God and I guess the Christian faith on chick flicks. You might want to ask the question again assuming you don't understand the faith you are critiquing. The fact is if God is God he can do what the hell he wants, so forming a concept of God based on your ideas is silly. If God said only left handed people go to Heaven then that would be how it rolls, cause he's God. God cannot in the Christian faith as a holy god simply bring into him those not made holy. What do think the whole Jewish idea of the slaughtered animals and then the real sacrifice of Christ is about. The Christian faith simply tells us God will reject those who have rejected him.

Seriously name another religion that predicted something would happen hundreds of years later and it did.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
I don't think they all say that, otherwise what would be the point of hell?

Hell and Heaven are defining points. It's impossible to have a scale with one point only.

Also, there is such thing as apocatastasis. It's another proof that we will all be in Heaven, even Satan.

I'm pretty sure I've read rants by the Westboro Baptist Church promising Hell for gays and unbelievers. Are you saying they're wrong? And if they are wrong, how do you decide which Christian sect is correct?
donator
Poor impulse control.
I have been an atheist for the better part of my adult life, but there is a rather new religion that seems to answer all these questions for me. http://englishrussia.com/2010/02/17/russian-gadget-hackwrench-religion/

Eris is the only true goddess

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordianism
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

Hell and Heaven are defining points. It's impossible to have a scale with one point only.

Also, there is such thing as apocatastasis. It's another proof that we will all be in Heaven, even Satan.
legendary
Activity: 1064
I have been an atheist for the better part of my adult life, but there is a rather new religion that seems to answer all these questions for me. http://englishrussia.com/2010/02/17/russian-gadget-hackwrench-religion/
donator
Poor impulse control.
If I'm wrong I have Oblivion, If your wrong you have possibly eternal Judgement.

If clerics say the truth then we shouldn't worry about Judgement day. We'll all go to Heaven because God loves us.

legendary

legendary

Big Bang is only a theory that doesn't explain everything but it does explain a lot.

Gravity is only a theory. Quantum mechanics, what powers your laptop, is only a theory...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

Who or what instigated the Big Bang?

Obviously....

Ask where lighting came from 2500 years ago and you'll get an equally ridiculous answer.

Ask the Babylonians and they'll tell you Mardok killing Tiamat was the big bang. That predates the Abrahamic god. Shouldn't it be more valid?

Are you on crack? Seriously we are debating the origins of the Universe and you are comparing the originator or the BigBang as in the same realm as the source of Lightening. Seriously if you want a debate lay off the dumbjuice.

The Babylonians predated the Abrahamic God? Seriously? More crack. You are saying the origins of something are dated from the time we have recorded sources. Shit. So I guess Oxygen which was only 'discovered' and recorded was when Oxygen was started. Before we all simply died within a few minutes. In the words of Homer Simpson Dohhh!

Anymore embarrassing statements and you are dismissed from this adult debate.

I think his point was (although I'm not completely sure) is 'how do you choose which creation myth to believe?'.  

We aren't even talking religions....yet. Though I did in my first post explain my personal reasons for which one I believe is right and my rational.

But no he clearly was suggesting that deciding a BigBang origins is the same as man at one time thinking Lightening was from a God/Gods rather than a natural process (which involves a creator) which is very different. But of course if he wants to go down the whole we were dumb then but now we arent he actually destroys any argument he now has cause I can simply say in 3 centuries people will think your understanding of the world is caveman like and foolish. I've not got the heart to tell him though..
legendary
It is quite peculiar, that religious persons in this thread are actually against the big bang theory. The big bang theory presents the option of there being a God, as it doesn't try to specify exactly how the big bang came around in the first place, though two popular assumptions was that colliding universes created the cosmic egg that turned into the big bang, or that God set the big bang in motion.

The author of this thread and all those who argue against the big bang, are also arguing against your own religion and whatever god(s) you believe in. This new theory, http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html, explains that the Universe might be eternal, which means it never had a beginning and will never have an end. It also completely takes God(The Abrahamic) out of the picture, as it's stated in the bible, koran, and torah that God created the universe(Which means that the universe had a beginning) and that all things come to an end, both of which if this new theory is correct, would shown to be wrong.

Just to throw this out there. Are you really completely confident in the fact there is no God and the Abrahamic/Christian faith that includes Judgement from the creator is wrong when the Scientists are constantly coming up with new theories and are debating constantly about what is right.

Its like putting the potential of an eternal soul in the hands of a a bunch of geeks who wack off to Gillian Anderson on the XFiles. Shit I thought I needed to have faith. You guys are walking on millimeter thick ice. If I'm wrong I have Oblivion, If your wrong you have possibly eternal Judgement. I hope your a betting man that all I can say. You guys rock you're so brave!!!!
donator
Poor impulse control.

Big Bang is only a theory that doesn't explain everything but it does explain a lot.

Gravity is only a theory. Quantum mechanics, what powers your laptop, is only a theory...

Obviously....

Ask where lighting came from 2500 years ago and you'll get an equally ridiculous answer.

Ask the Babylonians and they'll tell you Mardok killing Tiamat was the big bang. That predates the Abrahamic god. Shouldn't it be more valid?

Are you on crack? Seriously we are debating the origins of the Universe and you are comparing the originator or the BigBang as in the same realm as the source of Lightening. Seriously if you want a debate lay off the dumbjuice.

The Babylonians predated the Abrahamic God? Seriously? More crack. You are saying the origins of something are dated from the time we have recorded sources. Shit. So I guess Oxygen which was only 'discovered' and recorded was when Oxygen was started. Before we all simply died within a few minutes. In the words of Homer Simpson Dohhh!

I think his point was (although I'm not completely sure) is 'how do you choose which creation myth to believe?'.  
legendary

Obviously....

legendary
It is quite peculiar, that religious persons in this thread are actually against the big bang theory. The big bang theory presents the option of there being a God, as it doesn't try to specify exactly how the big bang came around in the first place, though two popular assumptions was that colliding universes created the cosmic egg that turned into the big bang, or that God set the big bang in motion.

The author of this thread and all those who argue against the big bang, are also arguing against your own religion and whatever god(s) you believe in. This new theory, http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html, explains that the Universe might be eternal, which means it never had a beginning and will never have an end. It also completely takes God(The Abrahamic) out of the picture, as it's stated in the bible, koran, and torah that God created the universe(Which means that the universe had a beginning) and that all things come to an end, both of which if this new theory is correct, would shown to be wrong.

I guess you mean me even though i've made clear I don't believe in 'Religion' any more than you have a Religion. I simply think in all likelihood there is a God just like you don't think there is a God.

I'm pretty sure I didn't suggest a BigBang meant there is no God I simply based on 99% of people I have met who don't believe in God use the BigBang theory as proof there doesn't need to be a God. I was simply based on that making the point any BigBang needed to be instigated. I mean and event witnessed needs a cause right? That's Science. I don't have a problem with Science I have a problem with amateur scientists who think Science has somehow ruled out God.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
Who creates virtual particles?
Virtual creators.    Cheesy
legendary
Who creates virtual particles?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Obviously....

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

legendary

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

legendary
You can't state this fact or idea in a few sentences?

No.

Then either you don't understand it or its not really proof.

Your logic looks flawed to me.

Least I've stated it. Who would say well I know this amazing fact about the Universe as a logical fact (and be sure I'm not stating a fact i'm stating my logic to think/believe/suspose in a God/Power/Creator) but I simply can't explain it in a simple way. If its that convoluted maybe its a little 'fragile'?

Look matter, void, atoms, etc exist so to say they I guess your saying have always existed is a crazy position that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. And the most logic idea is there must be an eternal being, uncreated, outside of creation that instigated the Universe. If that being or power exists then I'm pretty sure we should be in awe and wonder and crumbling humbleness because to put it sarcastically, he's a bit better than us...

legendary
You can't state this fact or idea in a few sentences?

No.

Then either you don't understand it or its not really proof.

Your logic looks flawed to me.
Pages:
Jump to: