Pages:
Author

Topic: There was no Big Bang, Truth shall set you free!!!! - page 7. (Read 11591 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Well in the bible...

Which translation? The King James version, which you think is the only one to exist, 1611, that pretty recent for a revision. God fucked up the original? Omnipotent supreme being needs editors and rewrites?
legendary
He probably doesn't want to.

Let's add "even if he wants" in the end.
legendary
God came as a man to earth, I think that shows his compassion and desire to bring all men to himself.

If Jesus didn't stay dead, how could His death have been a REAL sacrifice?  Grin
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
The fact is if God is God he can do what the hell he wants.

Can he create a stone that he can't lift?  Grin

He probably doesn't want to.
legendary
The fact is if God is God he can do what the hell he wants.

Can he create a stone that he can't lift?  Grin
legendary
I'm pretty sure I've read rants by the Westboro Baptist Church promising Hell for gays and unbelievers. Are you saying they're wrong? And if they are wrong, how do you decide which Christian sect is correct?

Apocatastasis grants salvation to every being. It's irrelevant if they are wrong or right.

Are you on crack? Seriously we are debating the origins of the Universe and you are comparing the originator or the BigBang as in the same realm as the source of Lightening. Seriously if you want a debate lay off the dumbjuice.

The Babylonians predated the Abrahamic God? Seriously? More crack. You are saying the origins of something are dated from the time we have recorded sources. Shit. So I guess Oxygen which was only 'discovered' and recorded was when Oxygen was started. Before we all simply died within a few minutes. In the words of Homer Simpson Dohhh!

Anymore embarrassing statements and you are dismissed from this adult debate.
So you need to be on crack to understand the most basic logic analysis? What else should you use in order to date any myth and religion but its recorded sources? Its own claim taken own face value? If yes, then there were buddhas billions of years before your god created your world, and you lose spectacularly.

He cant follow a simple analogy, that before scientific discover all natural phenomena was based on a deity.

I got he was making an analogy, what I said was it was a ridiculous one to make. 

You are arguing the god of the gaps fallacy. Study the smallest bit of history or philosophy and you will see this argument made countless times. Aristotle's prime mover. Are you more clever than he was?

The analogy applies and was simple enough that all other posters understood it.
Here's how it works.

Natural phenomena lighting - > without known causal agent - > god
Natural phenomena lighting - > with known causal agent - > static electricity
Natural phenomena inflation theory - > without known causal agent - > god

This is where we are now.

You may find this link useful
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/linguistics-and-philosophy/24-241-logic-i-fall-2009/
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Seriously name another religion that predicted something would happen hundreds of years later and it did.

HG Wells predicted that man would go to the moon, and we did. So did Bitcoin (does that count as twice?).

I actually was going to say prophesied, I kind of thought someone might pull me up on using prediction. They are two very very different things.  

Can you explain the difference?

Yes. Well in the bible if a prophet talks about a coming messiah who will ride into Jerusalem on a donkey and his name will basically mean 'God among us' then its not the same as I recon this or this might happen based on the situation I see progessing. I mean Nostrodamus, ridiculous and vague as he was, was Prophesying. He didn't say I recon this might happen.

I got to go to bed. its late here.
donator
Poor impulse control.
Seriously name another religion that predicted something would happen hundreds of years later and it did.

HG Wells predicted that man would go to the moon, and we did. So did Bitcoin (does that count as twice?).

I actually was going to say prophesied, I kind of thought someone might pull me up on using prediction. They are two very very different things.  

Can you explain the difference?
legendary

Are you on crack? Seriously we are debating the origins of the Universe and you are comparing the originator or the BigBang as in the same realm as the source of Lightening. Seriously if you want a debate lay off the dumbjuice.

The Babylonians predated the Abrahamic God? Seriously? More crack. You are saying the origins of something are dated from the time we have recorded sources. Shit. So I guess Oxygen which was only 'discovered' and recorded was when Oxygen was started. Before we all simply died within a few minutes. In the words of Homer Simpson Dohhh!

So you need to be on crack to understand the most basic logic analysis? What else should you use in order to date any myth and religion but its recorded sources? Its own claim taken own face value? If yes, then there were buddhas billions of years before your god created your world, and you lose spectacularly.

He cant follow a simple analogy, that before scientific discover all natural phenomena was based on a deity.

I got he was making an analogy, what I said was it was a ridiculous one to make. 
legendary

He cant follow a simple analogy, that before scientific discover all natural phenomena was based on a deity. And yes the origins of myth are dates from their historical records. Deities are not natural phenomena, the are myth. They all necessarily can't exist simultaneous, by definition of omnipotence, hence, logically, all are wrong.
donator
Poor impulse control.
I don't think they all say that, otherwise what would be the point of hell?

Hell and Heaven are defining points. It's impossible to have a scale with one point only.

Also, there is such thing as apocatastasis. It's another proof that we will all be in Heaven, even Satan.

I'm pretty sure I've read rants by the Westboro Baptist Church promising Hell for gays and unbelievers. Are you saying they're wrong? And if they are wrong, how do you decide which Christian sect is correct?

Ok so you might be happier about Hell for Pedofiles or mass murderers? Firstly Hell is debated by believers but generally you might want to avoid it even if it is just eternal separation from God and knowing you could of been with him.

No as a Believer all men have fallen from the perfection of God. So gays, pedofiles, murderers are all welcome in Heaven if they repent and believe. No sin I believe will condem you but also even believers will be judged for the good they did. Trust me God is way more gracious than humans ever could be. We are the first to bay for blood when we are wronged. God came as a man to earth, I think that shows his compassion and desire to bring all men to himself.

Huh. I just thought you were religious but now I starting to think you're crazy intolerant too. What have gays ever done to incur your wrath? Why do you hate them and believe they need to repent? Of what do they need to repent? Something bible related?

legendary

You know Buddhas was by his own description just a man who claimed no supernatural powers etc..right?

donator
Poor impulse control.

legendary
I don't think they all say that, otherwise what would be the point of hell?

Hell and Heaven are defining points. It's impossible to have a scale with one point only.

Also, there is such thing as apocatastasis. It's another proof that we will all be in Heaven, even Satan.

Ok so you might be happier about Hell for Pedofiles or mass murderers? Firstly Hell is debated by believers but generally you might want to avoid it even if it is just eternal separation from God and knowing you could of been with him.

No as a Believer all men have fallen from the perfection of God. So gays, pedofiles, murderers are all welcome in Heaven if they repent and believe. No sin I believe will condem you but also even believers will be judged for the good they did. Trust me God is way more gracious than humans ever could be. We are the first to bay for blood when we are wronged. God came as a man to earth, I think that shows his compassion and desire to bring all men to himself.

None. I win.
Activity: 169
Merit: 10
ExToke - Fee Free Trading

Pages:
Jump to: