Pages:
Author

Topic: Things getting interesting once we past $100 - page 7. (Read 17593 times)

Activity: 696
Merit: 500
How do I avoid uncle sam to stick its hand in my cookie jar and takes the tax share?
What if I don't report it?

Face to face trades.

Of course, not paying your share into a system that you benefit from makes you a freeloader (or at the very least a leech).
I'll gladly pay the transaction fees/withdrawal fees of trading my bitcoins into USD and then transfering USD to my bank account.
I'm paying  my share to the system I benefitted from, BTC that is. I didn't benefit from USD.
So you don't use roads?  You don't take advantage of the electrical grid?  You aren't protected by the US army?  You won't receive social security?

/devilsadvocate

You did not ask me, but I feel compelled to answer.

Roads: Irreverent. Fuel Tax, local extortion taxes pay for these things.
Electric Grid:  Irreverent. Electric grid is payed for and maintained by people who buy electricity.
US army: NO. The military in it's current state is currently creating a tangible threat to the US through current actions around the globe that protect corporate interests, not those of US citizens.
Social Security: NO.  Is payed for through your voluntary contribution into the SS system. I have never paid a dime into it therefor I am not eligible.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Trust me, these default swaps will limit the risks
@deathcode

Alright dude...for the last time. Coinabul. Check 'em out. You should be able to easily figure it out. Or you aren't as clever as some of your comments suggest.
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I don't think you're going to get BTC value into a bank account without the government noticing all this income into your bank account that you didn't pay taxes on.

If you want a decentralized exchange you could try Ripple's internal BTC/USD market (in Bitstamp IOUs for each), but it's rather thinly traded.

Well, the case is hypothetical as BTC is not yet trading at $100+ and I'm not sure I'll be selling then either.. it's just too tempting to give wells fargo a junk of cash and cancel my mortgage Smiley on the other hand, my APR is 4.6 so I guess BTC is "out-profiting" that APR ... Smiley

copper member
How do I avoid uncle sam to stick its hand in my cookie jar and takes the tax share?

Face to face trades.

Of course, not paying your share into a system that you benefit from makes you a freeloader (or at the very least a leech).
I'll gladly pay the transaction fees/withdrawal fees of trading my bitcoins into USD and then transfering USD to my bank account.
I'm paying  my share to the system I benefitted from, BTC that is. I didn't benefit from USD.
So you don't use roads?  You don't take advantage of the electrical grid?  You aren't protected by the US army?  You won't receive social security?

/devilsadvocate

This. What your trying to do is one of the main reasons government is against Bitcoin. Pay your shit like the rest of us and be thankful your in a country like the United States.

I pay my taxes every year, bitcoin however is outside the government control. Worst case scenario I will withdraw in a tax haven account.
So if everyone uses Bitcoin, then how will all the services that are paid for with taxes be completed?

And don't get me wrong - I think the government could easily be 1/10th the size it is now, but I do believe that SOME form of government is essential for maintaining services like fire dept, police dept, roadways, utilities, national defense, etc.

adapt, adapt, adapt....

did Mp3 killed the music industry? No, just tower records...
did movie streaming kill the movies industry? No, just blockbuster...
will bitcoin kill the governments? No, just some financial institutions...

everyone evolves and adapts...
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
I don't think you're going to get BTC value into a bank account without the government noticing all this income into your bank account that you didn't pay taxes on.

If you want a decentralized exchange you could try Ripple's internal BTC/USD market (in Bitstamp IOUs for each), but it's rather thinly traded.
copper member
Your title is wasting my time,

Why 100$ and not 47$, should simply be "avoiding Tax on USD withdrawal" or something UNinteresting.

If we hit $100 my btc capital will hit 6 figures. So please do stop reading if I'm wasting your time. Better yet, do not post anything else on this thread. Thank you
The title !  It has nothing to do with the OP !

Sue me!
copper member

Face to face trades.

/devilsadvocate

This. What your trying to do is one of the main reasons government is against Bitcoin. Pay your shit like the rest of us and be thankful your in a country like the United States.

I pay my taxes every year, bitcoin however is outside the government control. Worst case scenario I will withdraw in a tax haven account.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Why 100$ and not 47$, should simply be "avoiding Tax on USD withdrawal" or something UNinteresting.

If we hit $100 my btc capital will hit 6 figures. So please do stop reading if I'm wasting your time. Better yet, do not post anything else on this thread. Thank you

The title !  It has nothing to do with the OP !
Activity: 950
Merit: 1001
So if everyone uses Bitcoin, then how will all the services that are paid for with taxes be completed?

And don't get me wrong - I think the government could easily be 1/10th the size it is now, but I do believe that SOME form of government is essential for maintaining services like fire dept, police dept, roadways, utilities, national defense, etc.

Natural resource taxes, particularly land. You can hide your bitcoins but you can't hide a plot of land. Land taxes also feature negligible deadweight losses and limited maximum revenue, so the government will do less damage and "starve the beast" would actually start working.

Even farther in the future, there are private alternatives for those public goods:
* roads would be paid by tolls
* fire/police would be paid by insurance
* utilities are already privatized in some places
* national defense could be paid by crowdfunding
Those are just off the top of my head - I'd be willing to bet that the market will think of better solutions than us armchair economists can.
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
I would just do the following:

keep my funds (USD/BTC) always in exchange. sell coins when high, buy when low. Always keep my coins and funds with myself and exchange.

Take out Fiat as and when needed (and only that much) without depending on market of BTC.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Send it all to Coinabul, they will get your BTC profits squared away.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

Face to face trades.

Then why are you exchanging coins into USD?
legendary
Activity: 1400

Face to face trades.

/devilsadvocate

adapt, adapt, adapt....

did Mp3 killed the music industry? No, just tower records...
did movie streaming kill the movies industry? No, just blockbuster...
will bitcoin kill the governments? No, just some financial institutions...

everyone evolves and adapts...
Fair point.  Wink  It will indeed be interesting to see where Bitcoin takes us insofar as government attempting to enforce taxation on it.
copper member

legendary
Activity: 1400

Face to face trades.

/devilsadvocate

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Face to face trades.

/devilsadvocate

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
Yeah. Benefit.

As in Fire department, police, military, roads, education, food safety and other consumer protection, social safety net, etc.

I would argue that with the exception of fire department and roads, none of these listed here are beneficial for me in their form and the former two can be provided by other parties than the government.
legendary
Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
You won't receive social security?

/devilsadvocate

Most of us won't...that Ponzi scheme is unsustainable on its current course.

/reality

+1

I like the /devilsadvocate followed by /reality

sad but true !
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Turning this thread back on topic.

Things getting interesting once we past $100, because at that point the bitcoin has to rise a dollar a day, else it gets boring, and a dollar a day is also a nice alliteration, which is a mighty bullish signal.
Activity: 632
Merit: 500
Solution:  Avoid the dollar like the plague to humanity it has become.

If you're selling bitconi move to gold, silver, platinum, litecoin, namecoin (whichever you feel is the best deal).  Do it direct without ever touching the dollar.

If you're so pessimistic about the dollar, you should try using Argentinean Pesos for a while, you'll be back to loving the dollar in no time Smiley

I'm not only pessimistic, but ethically and morally opposed to all forms of enslavement.  Fiat enslavement being the most insidious.

That system can only exist if we support it.  I keep my wealth out of all forms of fiat, doing my part to starve that system to death.

Pages:
Jump to: