Pages:
Author

Topic: Things getting interesting once we past $100 - page 9. (Read 17593 times)

Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
You won't receive social security?

/devilsadvocate

Most of us won't...that Ponzi scheme is unsustainable on its current course.

/reality
copper member
Activity: 1428
Merit: 253
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Check with a proper accountant. I pay 16% on BTC income which is not bad at all compared to the usual 60% we're forced to pay on other activities (eg. being employed in a company).

%60? I work in a company and I don't get taxed %60.. hell not even the highest tax brackets in the US get taxed %60.
Are you a slave?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Check with a proper accountant. I pay 16% on BTC income which is not bad at all compared to the usual 60% we're forced to pay on other activities (eg. being employed in a company).

%60? I work in a company and I don't get taxed %60.. hell not even the highest tax brackets in the US get taxed %60.
Are you a slave?

try to come to italy Wink

60% is rather good here.
And yet they still have to confiscate a portion of Italian's savings accounts despite the insane tax rates.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

Are you a slave?

try to come to italy Wink

60% is rather good here.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
See the FinCEN statement? If you use bitcoin to directly buy things, you don't need to pay anything Cheesy
copper member
How do I avoid uncle sam to stick its hand in my cookie jar and takes the tax share?
What if I don't report it?

Face to face trades.

Of course, not paying your share into a system that you benefit from makes you a freeloader (or at the very least a leech).
I'll gladly pay the transaction fees/withdrawal fees of trading my bitcoins into USD and then transfering USD to my bank account.
I'm paying  my share to the system I benefitted from, BTC that is. I didn't benefit from USD.
So you don't use roads?  You don't take advantage of the electrical grid?  You aren't protected by the US army?  You won't receive social security?

/devilsadvocate

Yes, I do... that's why I have a regular job that tax me %28 of my income so, the money that I invest in buying mining equipment or btc has already been taxed...
Activity: 886
Merit: 1013

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Another block in the wall
buy goods and service with bitcoin directly.

Agreed.

That's the cost of transferring your wealth into "uncle sam" system.

Use Bitcoin directly. Now is a good time for a real BTC debit card.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
How do I avoid uncle sam to stick its hand in my cookie jar and takes the tax share?

Face to face trades.

Of course, not paying your share into a system that you benefit from makes you a freeloader (or at the very least a leech).
I'll gladly pay the transaction fees/withdrawal fees of trading my bitcoins into USD and then transfering USD to my bank account.
I'm paying  my share to the system I benefitted from, BTC that is. I didn't benefit from USD.
So you don't use roads?  You don't take advantage of the electrical grid?  You aren't protected by the US army?  You won't receive social security?

/devilsadvocate
copper member

Face to face trades.

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
tax bankers first
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero

Face to face trades.

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
buy goods and service with bitcoin directly.
copper member
So now that there's another "bubble" at full speed, I'm reaching a point where crossing $100 will mean that me as well as others are making some serious money (I'll leave up to you to define what serious money is)
My concern now is, what if i want to sell and withdraw the money to my US Bank Account.
What if I transfer small amounts ($1000 at a time ever week or so..)
Any accountants in the forum to help me do the laundry? Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: