Pages:
Author

Topic: This is why we should all use Bitcoin and no more credit cards. - page 7. (Read 931 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 4
I assumed you already have Amazon account when you bought Kindle Fire, but do you already have Audible account prior to it? If not and they asked you to sign up to Audible to get the free audiobooks, did Audible not send you an email when you sign up for it and before they start charging you for the next month? From what I know, they give one free audiobook upon signing up but then they charge you automatically the next, although they will email you first. I agree, though about using bitcoin for cases like this. If we used bitcoin, we would not have experienced autocharging into our accounts that websites and banks regulate.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
It does not matter how they do it, it should not be possible for ANY company or person to access funds on your account,

without your consent.  Angry Angry Angry Angry  The weirdest thing is that Amazon is directly associated with shady practices like

this. The actual point that I want to make is that Bitcoin is much better, because companies like this cannot get away with

FREE trial scams/Free shit like this, because they cannot automatically withdraw money from your Bitcoin address.  Angry
Wait what? How did they have access to your credit card in the first place? They required your credit card information for you to claim your free eBooks right?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
Easier said than done. I've probably done this if only I could go to our local store and use bitcoin. But unfortunately global adoption isn't THAT widely spread as of today; so most of us pretty much have no choice but to use fiat paper money and credit/debit cards because there's no alternative.

As for your incident, there were probably hidden charges for it. Something like free only for 14 days or something; shady practice, I know. Quite unfortunate.

It does not matter how they do it, it should not be possible for ANY company or person to access funds on your account,

without your consent.  Angry Angry Angry Angry  The weirdest thing is that Amazon is directly associated with shady practices like

this. The actual point that I want to make is that Bitcoin is much better, because companies like this cannot get away with

FREE trial scams/Free shit like this, because they cannot automatically withdraw money from your Bitcoin address.  Angry
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
Paldo.io 🤖
Easier said than done. I've probably done this if only I could go to our local store and use bitcoin. But unfortunately global adoption isn't THAT widely spread as of today; so most of us pretty much have no choice but to use fiat paper money and credit/debit cards because there's no alternative.

As for your incident, there were probably hidden charges for it. Something like free only for 14 days or something; shady practice, I know. Quite unfortunate.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
So, I buy a Amazon Kindle Fire, because I like to read. When you configure it for the first time, you have to login with your

Amazon account (obviously) and then you are presented with 2 x FREE audio books. I accept the 2 x FREE books, to test the

audio and also to experience audio books for the first time. (I prefer reading the ebooks, but I thought I would give it a try, to

see what it sounds like.)

A month down the line, I get a sms notification from my Bank, notifying me of a payment done to "Audible" so I phone my

Bank. They inform me that it is a monthly subscription to Audible.com. (I never gave consent for "Audible" to sign me up for a

monthly subscription) This is how they do it --->  http://prntscr.com/ksqxhv  (I never even saw that, when I was offered the

2 FREE books) !!!!!!!!  Why would I sign a subscription if I just wanted to listen to the so-called FREE books?  Huh

In any way, I logged in again and cancelled the subscription and it already billed me for next month.  Angry Angry Angry

Now, this will NEVER happen with Bitcoin, because nobody can automatically withdraw money from your Bitcoin address. You

have FULL control over your own money.  Cool I am not the only one - https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/audible.com
Pages:
Jump to: