Pages:
Author

Topic: This School Accepts Bitcoin ! - page 4. (Read 6295 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
:)
November 17, 2016, 07:24:01 PM
Wow even school now accept bitcoin now. I hope my school accepts also bitcoin as payments .
Bitcoin is for the whole world . what if the bitcoin is the money for the whole world?
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
November 17, 2016, 07:18:30 PM
Even if I had the opportunity to pay school with btcs I wouldn't. You will waste a lot of btcs paying the school, next 2 or 3 months, the btc price can increase a lot and all of them went to the school. They made all the profit and you just lost your coins.

It's not time to spend a lot of them, at least I wouldn't do that.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
November 17, 2016, 06:14:31 PM
Dharwad International School in Karnataka is the first school offering a facility of Bitcoins for their annual fees. The population of 1.25 billion, is set to overtake China’s by 2022 – and India’s remittance industry is calculated at a massive $50-70 billion. Experts are touting India as home of the next Bitcoin boom.

Didn't know that earlier, do other schools also accept bitcoins ?

Edit : link to article : http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Article.aspx?eid=31808&articlexml=Buying-with-bitcoins-31082015010046

This is a good move and I think that other schools, universities should make this decision and start accepting bitcoin instead of cash /fiat only. If I had such a chance to pay in bitcoin I would feel like a boss and people will look at me what am I doing lol.
Activity: 490
Merit: 520
November 17, 2016, 05:22:27 PM
Dharwad International School in Karnataka is the first school offering a facility of Bitcoins for their annual fees. The population of 1.25 billion, is set to overtake China’s by 2022 – and India’s remittance industry is calculated at a massive $50-70 billion. Experts are touting India as home of the next Bitcoin boom.

Edit : link to article : http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Article.aspx?eid=31808&articlexml=Buying-with-bitcoins-31082015010046
Well, I guess India is really serious about considering Bitcoin as an alternative to the state-run currency. Surprising that they already have a school accepting it; I would have expected for it to be a lot more commonplace throughout India society before they would really do anything as ambitious as this.

This can't be related to the larger Indian banknotes being taken out of circulation, right?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io
November 17, 2016, 05:15:30 PM
This initself is not all that interesting, for me at least , because it's in India and probably won't really catch on in the rest of the world.

But I could see potential for it, for example in universities who are willing to do courses with Bitcoin/cryptocurrency as a subject.
It would make sense for them to also accept tuition in Bitcoin, so it could be used during those classes.
That actually makes a lot of sense, there is no University offering a course in it and there actually needs a course. There is to much confusion regarding Bitcoin. But I feel this is a positive start, and especially if you are reading news btc is selling at a high premium in India so looks like India is racing ahead with Bitcoin.

I don't think that schools here in my country will be accepting btc as a mode of payment specially the tuition. Maybe a big plan if government will do a program in order to adapt this kind of currency which is the crypto currency. This is the new and modern way of introducing to people how money works in different ways, however it do educate students and even teaches students to do jobs online specialy in forum board postings if they do have knowledge of bitcoin in the future.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
November 17, 2016, 12:09:37 PM
This initself is not all that interesting, for me at least , because it's in India and probably won't really catch on in the rest of the world.

But I could see potential for it, for example in universities who are willing to do courses with Bitcoin/cryptocurrency as a subject.
It would make sense for them to also accept tuition in Bitcoin, so it could be used during those classes.
That actually makes a lot of sense, there is no University offering a course in it and there actually needs a course. There is to much confusion regarding Bitcoin. But I feel this is a positive start, and especially if you are reading news btc is selling at a high premium in India so looks like India is racing ahead with Bitcoin.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
November 17, 2016, 12:04:16 PM
Great interesting! It is actually very nice that even schools starts to accept them, at this moment there are no schools in my country that accepts bitcoins, but i hope this will change in future
Well I hope so too, I'm looking forward to the future where bitcoin is widely accepted not just in a small number of schools like right now but it's good to hear that a school has started using bitcoin. This is one of the very first steps of bitcoin to reach out to the world and spread the awareness to people. 
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1018
Cashback 15%
November 17, 2016, 11:52:23 AM
In my country there were also some schools who currently are accepting bitcoin as payment but i wasn't really sure if they directly accepts bitcoin because i only saw it on the online wallet that i've been using even some bills like electricity this certain online wallet can somehow provide which is a good thing.

You are talking  about  coins.ph  wallet   hence they  do really accept  bitcoins as a  payment   for tuition fees. I dont  really  know  on what would be the process  hence i  dont intend  to  use it. Its either  bitcoins are  directly sent to them/school  or  on  the  wallet  provider and they are the  ones  who would process because  as  far as i know they  need  5 days to confirm thats such transaction.
Activity: 89
November 17, 2016, 11:48:29 AM
One day, everything can be paid for with Bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. Paper money will be obsolete in the future hence we must move to another medium of payment, which will be electronic currency.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
November 17, 2016, 10:23:49 AM
In my country there were also some schools who currently are accepting bitcoin as payment but i wasn't really sure if they directly accepts bitcoin because i only saw it on the online wallet that i've been using even some bills like electricity this certain online wallet can somehow provide which is a good thing.

Its pretty cool if some school accepts bitcoins as tuitiin fee, misceleneous fee and etc.  Many students can be able to attend school if they do that.. why? Bevause if you are dedicated in earning bitcoins, there's  a lot of ways to earn bitcoins. They can collect satoshi. I know that collecting was not enough to sustain educational needs but at least it can help to at least for a school supplies.
Activity: 80
November 17, 2016, 10:11:58 AM
Great interesting! It is actually very nice that even schools starts to accept them, at this moment there are no schools in my country that accepts bitcoins, but i hope this will change in future
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
November 17, 2016, 08:56:39 AM

very good , is necessary to education since early to child ..
because bitcoin is future money
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
November 04, 2016, 01:09:21 PM
now this is a really good news for me in the whole day. i amfrom india but this news will really gonna help me to prove a lot of people around me who still see bitcoin as just a ponzie scheam and anyway i do not think any more school accepts it till now
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 04, 2016, 12:58:13 PM
Wow awesome. It's make me happy when I hear positive news about bitcoin because i love it. Well it's beginning of a new era in India too and that too in IT park of the nation. I think development is coming soon in India too
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
November 04, 2016, 12:08:57 PM
The school is very cool, maybe satoshi Nakamoto jgua be there, be one of the teachers there. Well, I am also very confident that the teachers there are very expert hunters bitcoin, if the school is in my country, maybe I'll send my child to the school, because it may be the great school
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
November 04, 2016, 11:47:33 AM

Activity: 826
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 04, 2016, 11:01:19 AM

a major advancement for the advancement bitcoin
i hope in my country can accept bitcoin schools from elementary
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 02, 2016, 11:57:28 PM
school accepts bit[Suspicious link removed]s news.. now time near all departments accept btc hospitals shops stores... bitcoins now famus currncy of worldwide
Activity: 378
November 02, 2016, 04:30:24 PM
That is great. I mean experts are predicting a Bitcoin boom, which is only beneficial to the community. We are already signs of it occurring with this school accepting Bitcoin. Near my house, I have seen a couple of cafes which accept Bitcoin. However, I never thought India would be the site of the Bitcoin boom.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Dump it!!!
November 02, 2016, 03:19:57 PM
Keep in mind they use the word "school fees" which can be related to miscellaneous fees not to the word "tuition fees". With that I can understand as handling misc fees with Bitcoin which is a lot cheaper than a tuition fee is good as this school anticipated the fluctuations it can do. But its os cool to see an international school accept bitcoin as a mode of payment. Hoping to see more.
tuition fees cost alot. Somewhere in the hundreds. I remember paying $300 just in these fees alone one year. Embarrassed
Pages:
Jump to: