Pages:
Author

Topic: This sums it up well. - page 5. (Read 6171 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
June 01, 2013, 12:54:49 AM
59.7% in taxes?!?!?!?!?!?!? BULLSHIT (and who the hell is "the above average citizen"?)
Read the site. The "above average" citizen is one that qualifies for all of those various taxes. ie, one that pays income taxes, has a corporation, owns land, drives, and qualifies for the "other" 5%.

I've never met anyone that paid 50%+ in taxes. And my stepdad and dad both own companies and land.
Still haven't clicked the site and looked at the breakdown, have you?

I don't need to. We are talking about welfare recipients and how much they are taxed, not "the above average citizen".

I say they need more pay so they aren't on welfare

You say not to tax them so much, or give them welfare

Your link is irrelevant to either topic.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
June 01, 2013, 12:52:23 AM
I still don't get how we're justifying robbery at gunpoint.
The usual refrain is "Think of the chiiiiildren!!!"

According to this funny lookin thing, the children are the last people on anyone's mind Cheesy  Shame, they're the ones who have to worry about it.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
June 01, 2013, 12:52:05 AM
59.7% in taxes?!?!?!?!?!?!? BULLSHIT (and who the hell is "the above average citizen"?)
Read the site. The "above average" citizen is one that qualifies for all of those various taxes. ie, one that pays income taxes, has a corporation, owns land, drives, and qualifies for the "other" 5%.

I've never met anyone that paid 50%+ in taxes. And my stepdad and dad both own companies and land.
Still haven't clicked the site and looked at the breakdown, have you?
Google/YouTube
June 01, 2013, 12:50:45 AM

June 01, 2013, 12:47:07 AM
The usual refrain is "Think of the chiiiiildren!!!"
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
June 01, 2013, 12:38:31 AM
June 01, 2013, 12:03:12 AM
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 11:58:36 PM
So you think 40%+ gets taken from checks. Where the fuck do you live?
Psst. It's not just from payroll. There's a lot of other, "hidden" taxes. Sales tax is just one of those.

Lol, you're a sad troll.
It in no way adds up to 40% of your pay.
You're the one in my thread, ragging on me. I don't think that qualifies you to call me a troll.http://www.nowandfutures.com/taxes.html
Total tax percentage potentially paid by the above average US citizen, 2013 est. - 59.7%

You troll the site, it's your bridge. You try to keep people from thinking by trapping them and keeping them from crossing "your bridge" (mainly the politics section).

May 31, 2013, 11:56:39 PM
Psst. It's not just from payroll. There's a lot of other, "hidden" taxes. Sales tax is just one of those.

Lol, you're a sad troll.
You're the one in my thread, ragging on me. I don't think that qualifies you to call me a troll.
http://www.nowandfutures.com/taxes.html
Total tax percentage potentially paid by the above average US citizen, 2013 est. - 59.7%

FYI, just the income taxes, total an average of 27.1%.
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 11:54:54 PM
What we should worry about is government spending on bombs.

There is a famous old quote:

"It'll be a great day when schools have all the money they need, and the air force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber"
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 11:53:15 PM

And just because it says "promote the general welfare" in the preamble, that does not mean than it anywhere authorizes the government to give handouts.
The government doesn't have to, but they have to promote other people doing it... And they do... With taxes. They just do it for you.
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 11:52:20 PM

Lol, you're a sad troll.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 31, 2013, 11:48:45 PM
So how many coats the guy has and did he use slave labour?
Slave labor? Slavery is wrong.

Woah, deep, bro.
May 31, 2013, 11:47:13 PM

Again,
If you don't like the way things are, make a charity so people never even qualify for welfare.
No thanks, I prefer to strike the root of evil, rather than hack away at the branches.

And just because it says "promote the general welfare" in the preamble, that does not mean than it anywhere authorizes the government to give handouts.
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 11:41:53 PM
Again,
If you don't like the way things are, make a charity so people never even qualify for welfare.
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 11:40:50 PM

Interestingly enough, welfare is not constitutional.

WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 11:40:14 PM

20-30% WTF. 1. That's not how much they take 2. Regular people shouldn't have to live on $1200 a month, taxed or not
You're right, it's usually much more. That was a conservative estimate.

LOL LOL
May 31, 2013, 11:31:59 PM
Taxes may be wrong but they are constitutional. Sorry guys, taxes may be evil, but they are libertarian. Unless that libertarian is also a secessionist.
Interestingly enough, welfare is not constitutional.

And considering the fact that the core tenet of libertarianism is the non-aggression principle, to the extent that the libertarian holds to his principles, that libertarian is an anarchist.

20-30% WTF. 1. That's not how much they take 2. Regular people shouldn't have to live on $1200 a month, taxed or not
You're right, it's usually much more. That was a conservative estimate.
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 11:28:33 PM
The Sixteenth Amendment (Amendment XVI) to the United States Constitution allows the Congress to levy an income tax without apportioning it among the states or basing it on Census results.
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 11:28:18 PM
Wow, I just did a calculation and if you work 40 hours a week for 4 weeks @ $8/hr you only get $1,200.
And that's before taxes. And the other state and federal withholdings.

To say nothing of the 5-10% of your money that gets sucked away every time you buy something (unless you live in New Hampshire)
But that's fine, because they can apply for welfare and get free food, even cigarettes in some states Smiley
You don't get it, do you? It's not free. It's paid for by that very money that was stolen from them!
No YOU don't get it. If we paid them just A LITTLE MORE, they 1. Wouldn't need it 2. Wouldn't qualify
Or, maybe just stopped robbing them of 20-30% of their pay?
Pages:
Jump to: