Pages:
Author

Topic: This sums it up well. - page 7. (Read 6171 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 10:54:57 PM

Please try reading. I was agreeing with you that the workers are owed money for work. Again, that is called "pay." And, again, I clearly recall getting a paycheck when I worked at Walmart. They even cashed it for me.

And how much did you get paid if you worked part time? Say, a 90 year old woman who says hello at the door for 4-8 hours 3 days a week? Or a student working weekends?
And what benefits did you get?
And how many part time employees worked there?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
May 31, 2013, 10:54:36 PM
We'll give the kids a coat (Education system)
Violent people or people who have been tricked get a coat (Military)
Politicians get coats (Public Service Salary)
Even Bankers get a coat (Bailouts)

But you're worried about the POOR guy getting a coat!?!?!??!?!?

Did you know most Wal Mart employees qualify for welfare? How bout you stop bitching at poor people, and tell Wal Mart to get THEIR employees off welfare. And they aren't the only ones.

Sounds about right.  When the poor get money from the government it's called welfare.  When the rich get money from the government its called a bailout. 

Two wrongs don't make one right.

I only see one wrong. 
The government taking money by force?
Activity: 686
Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.
May 31, 2013, 10:53:22 PM

Did you know most Wal Mart employees qualify for welfare? How bout you stop bitching at poor people, and tell Wal Mart to get THEIR employees off welfare. And they aren't the only ones.

Sounds about right.  When the poor get money from the government it's called welfare.  When the rich get money from the government its called a bailout. 

I only see one wrong. 
May 31, 2013, 10:52:34 PM
If you don't like where the government money goes right now, then start your own charity and make it where those people are no longer needy. That way your charity can supply welfare before the government ever has to.
I never said I don't like where the money goes (though I certainly do object to paying for the murder of brown people on the other side of the planet). I take issue with the way they get it.

There are CEOs and Family members (The Waltons) making Billions of dollars a year. If each of them gave up 1 Billion, they could pay everyone of their employees in the entire country more. If they each gave up 2 billion, they could probably get 20% of the Welfare recipients OFF welfare.

Imagine if EVERY company did that.

Sure, job creators are great. But they owe you money for work, you don't owe them money for creating a job for you.
Yes, they do owe them money for work. That's called "pay," and if I recall from my days working at Wal-mart, we did get paid.

Please try reading. I said the job creator owes money, the worker owes NO money to the job creator.

Most job creators feel entitled to money, just for "helping" others by paying them.
Please try reading. I was agreeing with you that the workers are owed money for work. Again, that is called "pay." And, again, I clearly recall getting a paycheck when I worked at Walmart. They even cashed it for me.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
May 31, 2013, 10:52:15 PM

Activity: 686
Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.
May 31, 2013, 10:51:40 PM
When the poor get money from the government it's called welfare.  When the rich get money from the government its called a bailout.  

May 31, 2013, 10:50:10 PM
There are CEOs and Family members (The Waltons) making Billions of dollars a year. If each of them gave up 1 Billion, they could pay everyone of their employees in the entire country more. If they each gave up 2 billion, they could probably get 20% of the Welfare recipients OFF welfare.

Sure, job creators are great. But they owe you money for work, you don't owe them money for creating a job for you.

It's strange that those children getting beaten up will often do even worse in the school.
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 10:49:13 PM
And by the way YOU are the king of missing the point.
I said that Wal Mart should get it's employees off welfare. That doesn't just apply to the welfare picture, but by YOUR logic (and that cartoon) applies to all of it.

If Wal Mart would PAY its employees, there would be less people needing coats. Then everyone could see who really needed coats.

Isn't this Walmart thing a myth?  That most of them are actually getting along just fine.

"Getting along just fine" is completely possible, that doesn't mean they don't qualify or use welfare though.
Activity: 575
The North Remembers
May 31, 2013, 10:48:10 PM
The poor will depend on the system. No way around it when you're born in a mud hole and told you won't be shit EVER. Not saying this is always the case but I'm surely seen it with my own eyes.. Most people that start at the bottom stay there because:

1. their born into poverty
2. lack education
3. skill-less and unmotivated

The third being a direct effect of the previous.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime. Give a man a fish every day, he'll depend on your good graces to survive.

You need a place to fish to begin with.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
May 31, 2013, 10:47:52 PM
I said that Wal Mart should get it's employees off welfare. That doesn't just apply to the welfare picture, but by YOUR logic (and that cartoon) applies to all of it.

If Wal Mart would PAY its employees, there would be less people needing coats. Then everyone could see who really needed coats.

Isn't this Walmart thing a myth?  That most of them are actually getting along just fine.

And what does qualify for welfare mean exactly?  If we are going by what government says then it seems to be a pretty broad category and a lot of people who most of us would consider don't need welfare seem to fall into it.
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 10:47:32 PM

Yes, they do owe them money for work. That's called "pay," and if I recall from my days working at Wal-mart, we did get paid.

Please try reading. I said the job creator owes money, the worker owes NO money to the job creator.

Most job creators feel entitled to money, just for "helping" others by paying them.
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 10:46:57 PM

Do you have any idea how much Americans give to charity? There is no need for welfare. Before welfare, mutual aid groups and private charities did a fine job of taking care of the less fortunate.

Welfare as we know it is a direct result of the great depression, which in turn is a direct result of the federal reserve and inflation. Government created a problem that it had to step in and "fix."

Most of Americas charity goes to Sarah Mcgloclin, Dogs, Cats, Africa, Cancer, Jerrey's Kids & Aids... Not poor people.

Again,
If you don't like where the government money goes right now, then start your own charity and make it where those people are no longer needy. That way your charity can supply welfare before the government ever has to.
May 31, 2013, 10:46:48 PM

Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 10:44:43 PM

May 31, 2013, 10:43:39 PM

Boy, you are just on a roll. If missing the point were an Olympic event, you would be a gold medalist, and probably world record holder.

We're not worried about the poor guy getting the coat. As you see in the first frame, the poor guy got a coat voluntarily. Do you not see the connection between the second and third frames?

If there were enough charity in the world there would be no need for welfare.

You bitch at me for being about "ideas", but at least my ideas are solutions and not just me bitching like yours is. Sure, taxes and welfare suck. If you hate it so much, why don't you start a charity instead of crying??
Do you have any idea how much Americans give to charity? There is no need for welfare. Before welfare, mutual aid groups and private charities did a fine job of taking care of the less fortunate.

Welfare as we know it is a direct result of the great depression, which in turn is a direct result of the federal reserve and inflation. Government created a problem that it had to step in and "fix."
May 31, 2013, 10:42:27 PM

Boy, you are just on a roll. If missing the point were an Olympic event, you would be a gold medalist, and probably world record holder.

We're not worried about the poor guy getting the coat. As you see in the first frame, the poor guy got a coat voluntarily. Do you not see the connection between the second and third frames?

You bitch at me for being about "ideas", but at least my ideas are solutions and not just me bitching like yours is. Sure, taxes and welfare suck. If you hate it so much, why don't you start a charity instead of crying??

So, since it is not your property, perhaps you should first politely ask what do the owners think it's best to do with them, and work something out with them, before accusing them in the oppa government style?

Or, we should make it where those people aren't needy anymore and avoid the whole situation.

You will be one of those people. Sooner or later, if things keep going the way they are.
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 10:40:36 PM

So, since it is not your property, perhaps you should first politely ask what do the owners think it's best to do with them, and work something out with them, before accusing them in the oppa government style?

Or, we should make it where those people aren't needy anymore and avoid the whole situation.
Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 10:40:07 PM

May 31, 2013, 10:38:21 PM

Google/YouTube
May 31, 2013, 10:32:36 PM

Pages:
Jump to: