Pages:
Author

Topic: TIL Activity does not work on precisely 2 week intervals + interval timings - page 17. (Read 39937 times)

legendary
Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000
www.bitkong.com
Essentially this flaw in the system is so insignificant it probably won't matter in the long run. Not worth messing around with now at least.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Why put so much time starting a thread and doing the math on such a trivial amount of lost activity?  Seems like there is something better you could have done with that time...  Either way thanks for sharing your findings and I hope your math is right or you owe me an apology for wasting my time, lol.

TBH, using a spreadsheet you can do it very quickly. Probably took him at the most 10 minutes.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
Why put so much time starting a thread and doing the math on such a trivial amount of lost activity?  Seems like there is something better you could have done with that time...  Either way thanks for sharing your findings and I hope your math is right or you owe me an apology for wasting my time, lol.

People do things that are not really always needed the most. Curiosity is a strange thing. But because of that we are richer in experience. Good job op!
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
TIL activity doesn't really matter
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
Why put so much time starting a thread and doing the math on such a trivial amount of lost activity?  Seems like there is something better you could have done with that time...

Unemployment is high these days…
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
Activity: 256
Merit: 250
Because it's sterile...
I have got to start posting.  I can't stand it when I see these Newbies and Jr. Members with >500 posts.  I mean my posts and activity are almost always equal after the 5 minute update.  How in the hell can I not be posting more?  Maybe I should stop reading the forum and just start posting that seems what every one else is doing.  Dammit, I am a failure to bitcointalk forum.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1118
Oh no, we're losing out on so much activity Roll Eyes Nobody really cares or should care about activity, to be honest. UNIX timestamps are accurate in all time-zones and they're just an easy-to-implement digit, so it's easy to see why they're used.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038
Apparently , the activity changes every 1210000 units of the UNIX timestamp.

This equates to 14 days , 6 minutes , 40 seconds.

This means , after 3026 2 week periods , you would expect to gain 42364 activity.

But no , you would get only 42350 activity.

TLDR; Every 116 years you will lose out on 14 activity. Sad right ?

In order to make this thread more productive, here are some of the next timings :-

( All times in GMT )

7/7/2015 11:53:20
7/21/2015 12:00:00
8/4/2015 12:06:40
8/18/2015 12:13:20
9/1/2015 12:20:00
9/15/2015 12:26:40

Here is a list of all the ACCURATE start dates of the 14 day periods till 2060 !

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12saLhlUoqIdairxzuSPu6EYGrt7FN2lOstO1yDjCEbA

FAQs of the Activity system
(All of these can be found stickied in the Meta , but just in case)

Q : How is activity calculated ?

The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

Q : Help ! My activity (or rank) has not activated yet , even though I have sufficient posts and have posted in sufficient time periods !

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Outdated. It occasionally takes much longer to update, but still an hour on average
Pages:
Jump to: