Pages:
Author

Topic: TIME TO BUY! Parabolic SAR just flipped the side - page 2. (Read 7147 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
This is the first bounce after dropping from 110 to 65. You really think that means the downtrend is over?

no it hit 65 before that also.  that was the 2nd time.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Clown prophet
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
Mars, April and May last year.

Anyone said Mars? I though we are going to da Moon...

Kupsi is french?

LOL, Norwegian  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

Kupsi is french?
legendary
Activity: 1008
WePower.red

legendary
Activity: 1193
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
When has Bitcoin ever had a sideways market, except on like the hourly chart or something?

it was crazy stable at 5$ for like 3 or 4 months

but that was because pirate40 was keeping prices low, as he sold other people's bitcoins.

When was that?

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
When has Bitcoin ever had a sideways market, except on like the hourly chart or something?

but that was because pirate40 was keeping prices low, as he sold other people's bitcoins.

When was that?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
You'll know before it flips that it's about to flip. Notice how the candle nearly or just touches the dot before flipping? We are quite a ways away from it right now. We would have to drop $20+ to make it flip.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
PSAR also produces many false signals. It is useful for trending markets but not for prolonged periods of sideways movement.

I would never use PSAR as the only indicator.

But I'm not trading Bitcoin at all. Just sayin'.

ya.ya.yo!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
willpower v  my complacency in ignorance hmmm
I'll just wait til i install an SSD on this laptop so i can run a VM of windows and run sierra chart. i think i can do custom indicators in there
oh sorry, i didn't read your last sentence of that message haha

You could try calculating it out manually if you have too much time.

AO = SMA(median price, 5)-SMA(median price, 34)
AC = AO-SMA(AO, 5)
legendary
oh sorry, i didn't read your last sentence of that message haha
IMO parabolic sar has good open-position signals, but not very good close-position signals. The closes are always tremendously late. Its better to use something like the AC to filter. When AC and SAR both agree, then trade. When the AC starts indicating the opposite for at least 2 bars (I usually do it on the first bar just to be safe) close position.

Been working fairly OK (at least, by my standards) on the EUR/USD, no idea how it'd look on BTC/USD.

how do i use this indicator on bitcoin?

I really dont know. There should be some way of importing BTC/USD into metatrader, but as far as I know there really isnt.
legendary
IMO parabolic sar has good open-position signals, but not very good close-position signals. The closes are always tremendously late. Its better to use something like the AC to filter. When AC and SAR both agree, then trade. When the AC starts indicating the opposite for at least 2 bars (I usually do it on the first bar just to be safe) close position.

Been working fairly OK (at least, by my standards) on the EUR/USD, no idea how it'd look on BTC/USD.

how do i use this indicator on bitcoin?

Activity: 354
Merit: 251
coinorama.net
Interesting metric indeed, the Wikipedia describes it well.
Thumbs up to OP for spotting the reversal Smiley
legendary
wow what a cool indicator

Because this thread got quite a few pSAR haters, I'm making this final post to rest my case Cheesy. Call me necromancer if you want, I think they are the coolest mage-type character class anyway. However, to speculate a little bit further, would it make sense to sell soon because we've been on a relatively long uptrend for a while now and the pSAR could soon flip again as it normally does?

Perhaps? just to risk off for a bit? but i will wait until  the PSAR actually flips Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1015
Because this thread got quite a few pSAR haters, I'm making this final post to rest my case Cheesy. Call me necromancer if you want, I think they are the coolest mage-type character class anyway. However, to speculate a little bit further, would it make sense to sell soon because we've been on a relatively long uptrend for a while now and the pSAR could soon flip again as it normally does?

Pages:
Jump to: